I want ask a girl who works with me on a date but I’m afraid if she rejects me it would cause awkwardness. Please Advise?

I want ask a girl who works with me on a date but I’m afraid if she rejects me it would cause awkwardness at work. I’ve been dropping her home now and then for the past few months and We’ve been chatting away and laughing every-time but for the first time last Friday she started stroking my arm while talking. I didn’t take any notice of it. I really want to ask her out i was thinking of just saying her name and pretending to forget what I was going to say and hope for a reaction, would this be wise?

02