Why is this bothering me so much?

My boyfriend just mentioned to me about a 2 week trip he's about to go on to go see his family out of state that i have YET TO MEET. Granted they all live in different states from us but he didn't even ask if i wanted to go and it kinda bothers me. There’s so much lately that he's been doing like this and I think thats why this in particular is bothering me. Is it selfish of him or am i being crazy and selfish? I feel like if I brought it up to him i would sounds like a bitch to be honest. But there's soo many things he does that I just dont understand and it aggravates me on a daily like:

We were talking about moving in together months ago and he just moved into a new place and didn't ever mention me until i brought up that i was going to get my own place.

He planned a couple trips so i could go meet his family/ friends but canceled them last second so we both didn't go.

He will talk about these moving plans if he gets this job in another state and always say “i this and i that” and then afterwards be like oh yeah you too

When we are out together we barely have conversations and leaves me on read all the time and takes forever to reply but when we are together he always is on his phone.

I have brought up the fact he said i and talks about his plans and never includes me but he said he's sorry and when he talks about it he assumes its me too im like whatever. But ugh its AGGRAVATING ! Especially when he's talking about us getting married and hinting and proposing. I don't know its weird and it bothers me but i dont know how to bring it up without sounding like a bitch lol

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just tell him straight up again. he's being really flakey, either he's just playing with your emotions or he's just dense. I mean if he truly planned you in his future, he would say "We will, we could" not "I, I, I" don't get me wrong the family things is totally up for the individual to decide (I mean if you were only dating for a few months its totally fine) but if your thinking about marriage you should have met his family ages ago. All in all something is wrong and if y'all dont work it out completely, you guys won't be making any long term plans together anytime soon. but it seems he isn't planning on that anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like you have been discussing a future together. That's a definite plus! Maybe he is feeling a bit anxious about asking you to go with him to meet his family because you have made plans that fell through in the past. The best part about being in a loving relationship is being able to communicate your feelings. If you are worried about coming off as nagging or bitchy, let him know you mean no disrespect and you would like to discuss how you feel. Ask him why he is not taking you. Tell him how that makes you feel. If it is infact because of past plan changes apologize. A man who wants to spend his life with you will absolutely take your feelings into consideration. I have great faith in your relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes