What makes a woman just fall out of liking someone all of a sudden?

I was talking to someone for a while ( 7 to 8 months) and that's really it. We had a few dates here and there, but we texted each other daily and we always had these long and deep conversations. All of a sudden one day she stopped replying and a week or two later she had a boyfriend.

I confronted her and she confirmed that we were never a couple for that time, and that at one point she thought we would actually date, but one day she woke up and didn't feel any of that anymore. We still talk, but obviously not as often or as deep as we used to. It's awkward now.

What does that mean exactly? Did she never have any feelings for me? Was she using me just for attention? Or did she really have some feelings that went away overnight?

1