Why does my boyfriend hurt me?

I was in a relationship for 4 years and he kept hurting me and abusing me over and over again I just wanna know why he did that to me even though he loves me

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats not love.. I'm sorry to say. Rather than just say that, I want you to know what love is in my relationship because I feel thats true love.

In my relationship:
    Love is when I get to snuggle in the same bed with my babe, making her comfy and warm while making us not lonely when we sleep.
    Love is when I give her a gift and her eyes light up and she smiles and loves it no matter what it is because its from me.
    Love is when we have sex and she assidently hits her head on something and I immediately stop to make sure she is okay and to care for it if she is hurt.
    Love is when she gets hurt and I immediately tend to her no matter what is going on.

Love can sometimes hurt, but never physically hurt. If I physically hurt my girlfriend, I would be distraught. To have this man abuse you and say he loves you is lying through their teeth. If he loved you, he would care if you got hurt. He would care that you would be in pain. A boyfriend who doesn't do that is not really a boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to agree from boggsy there. If someone loves you then they should have no desire to hurt you mentally nor physically doll. Cannot answer as to why he was or speak for his actions other than he was a piece of shit 0, o.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's sad but s lot of times through abusers eyes, they don't quite realizing what they're doing. He may have been letting his emotions get the best of him. He never learned how to handle them correctly. It could be a lot of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you. He is an Abuser aka COWARD!!! He never loved you he doesn't know how to or what love is!!! He is an Insecure little COWARD!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • He is immature, has anger issues and control issues. His idea of love is ownership and obediance. My guess would also be that his is how he saw his father treat his mother.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's toxic and you let him hurt you. You have the rights to defend yourself when he does it. Or just leave him if you don't wanna be hurt anymore. You can be happy without him right? Love yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you. Love doesn't hurt the one you love.

0|1
    0|0
  • U need to understand that actions speak louder then words that simple it don't matter if he says he loves you if he will openly hurt u

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he has issues. If you look at world history (or just any news website), people do really f***ed up things to each other. They also do lots of good. But yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he is in reality a shitty person and you deserve better.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he's a narcissism, or feeling that he's in control or may be treating you like a property it has many factors but I'm sure that's not love

0|0
    0|0
  • Stupidity? Would you drive a car that breaks stop working in a random fashion and you end up with bruises hitting walls and going off-road?

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you he loves himself and you're just arm candy to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is not love darling he is trying to control you I hope you see that before it is too late get out while you can

0|0
    0|0
  • My dear, if he honestly & truly loved you, then he would have never hurt you. A person can claim and say they love someone all they want but in truth, love itself is only but a word that often gets misused. To honestly & truly love another is to show them. Him hurting you was definitely not him showing you that he loved you.
    He also to may have been abused himself. People who were abused sometimes have a tendency to abuse others as they were once abused. It also could be that he was struggling with some type of mental illness. Mental problems can sometimes make people do them kinds of things too. Perhaps to he was sado-masochistic, Especially if you say he did it even though he loves you.
    All in all though, regardless, love should never hurt in any way, shape or form.
    Best wishes­čî╣

0|0
    0|0
  • He's an abuser. You need to leave him and never go back

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you if he abuses you. ..

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you if he hurts you.

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn't care about you at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why were you with him for 4 years?

0|1
    0|0
  • He does not love you... obviously

0|1
    0|0
  • dump him

0|0
    0|0
  • Control?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he doesn't like you now

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he likes the control and power it give him, same as. any abuser. But thats not love. You dont hurt the ones you love.

0|0
    0|0
  • why do crazy people shoot up schools?

0|0
    0|0
  • He didn't love you. Abuse doesn't equal love. Period.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes