Girls should make the first move, YES YES and YES?

Listen, before I start, I’m NOT a FEMINIST, I don’t believe women are superior to men. I believe both genders (and no, there’s no gender spectrum, this is some made up shit, it doesn’t even exist) are equal. So no bashing at me “You’re a feminist!”.
Today, I’m going to discuss something that’s been buzzing on my mind for a long time: girls can make the first move. I am a girl who is madly in love with her second love. Oh, yes, I WILL make the first move. I’m fed up of social norms and people scared to break them. But dear, some rules are MADE to be BROKEN. I asked someone (1st love) out, he declined. Now I’m madly in love (second love, known for 13 years), he’s truly sweet, smart, caring, kind and funny, pure opposite of my first one, we can’t compare them. I will be the one to make the first move unless he ends up loving me too and doing the first move.
Also, why can guys make the first move and not girls? Who cares? We’re all human! Fuck social norms! Fuck society! We are all free and equal!
As well, here where I live (Lebanon) a high percentage of the country has this shit mentality. I don’t know if it’s because of Islam (I’m atheist and I hate religion by the way, so useless) or something, but it pisses me off. My mom (non veiled muslim) and tutor (non-muslim) were once talking about how this teacher at school asked the sub-headmaster out and they think it’s weird. I stayed quiet. I can’t take this anymore. I hate my country, honestly.
Social stereotypes are a loss of time, why do they exist? I never believed in them. As a child, I didn’t play with dolls or cars. I only watched TV and didn’t play anything because of I wasn’t interested. Social stereotypes are useless.
I have a message to all girls and women that love a guy: If you love him and think about asking him out, please do ask him. I’m sure he’ll be proud of how you asked him and he’ll certainly be happy. Don’t be ashamed
/scared! I’m rooting for you!
What do you think? Leave an opinion and vote in the poll!
  • You’re right, they should and this thought of guys making the first move is sexist.
    Vote A
  • You’re wrong, they shouldn’t and it’s not sexist
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is great. I mean, you're right. It absolutely doesn't matter whether the guy or the girl makes the first move. And I appreciate that you're not a feminist. All liberal up to that point. But what was that about the gender spectrum? Not cool, sorry. And I don't see how your opinion on that matter is in any way related to the topic of the poll.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t understand what you say, mind elaborating a bit more?

• Show All
    • And that's fine... Technically. It's just that your opinion might be hurtful to some people, and considering that, it would be polite to only state it when it is topic of or at least contributes to the discussion.

• Yeah I see

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Guys can't read minds, most of us wouldn't mind or it would help us if we are on the fence. Its mostly girls and older people who believe guys should make the first move so go for it

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree, I think you said everything I think

• Even if it's like 10% of the time. Ladies please do this! When a girl makes a move on a guy it shows that she's probably VERY into him which makes him very willing to give her attention and shows she is confident in herself.

And a lot of women get scared off by the idea because it's terrifying. Guess what it's JUST as terrifying for men but thank god we do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What exactly is a 'move' to you?

And no, sexist or not, if you pick a guy that can't lead or make decisions, and won't approach or initiate, you'll grow bored to tears in short order.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls would come up to me and make the first move
    so yes it is fine

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m super shy, and I’d love it if a girl would ask me out. This is a definite yes from me.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is something about Society I have probably always resented due to how one-sided it is

0|0
    0|0
  • girls please make a first move on me us guys love that lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i never make the first move so that means I have no chance of getting a girl then 🙃😕😯😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! Yes! Hell yes! 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever is for you - free spirit!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes