Girls should make the first move, YES YES and YES?

Listen, before I start, I’m NOT a FEMINIST, I don’t believe women are superior to men. I believe both genders (and no, there’s no gender spectrum, this is some made up shit, it doesn’t even exist) are equal. So no bashing at me “You’re a feminist!”.
Today, I’m going to discuss something that’s been buzzing on my mind for a long time: girls can make the first move. I am a girl who is madly in love with her second love. Oh, yes, I WILL make the first move. I’m fed up of social norms and people scared to break them. But dear, some rules are MADE to be BROKEN. I asked someone (1st love) out, he declined. Now I’m madly in love (second love, known for 13 years), he’s truly sweet, smart, caring, kind and funny, pure opposite of my first one, we can’t compare them. I will be the one to make the first move unless he ends up loving me too and doing the first move.
Also, why can guys make the first move and not girls? Who cares? We’re all human! Fuck social norms! Fuck society! We are all free and equal!
As well, here where I live (Lebanon) a high percentage of the country has this shit mentality. I don’t know if it’s because of Islam (I’m atheist and I hate religion by the way, so useless) or something, but it pisses me off. My mom (non veiled muslim) and tutor (non-muslim) were once talking about how this teacher at school asked the sub-headmaster out and they think it’s weird. I stayed quiet. I can’t take this anymore. I hate my country, honestly.
Social stereotypes are a loss of time, why do they exist? I never believed in them. As a child, I didn’t play with dolls or cars. I only watched TV and didn’t play anything because of I wasn’t interested. Social stereotypes are useless.
I have a message to all girls and women that love a guy: If you love him and think about asking him out, please do ask him. I’m sure he’ll be proud of how you asked him and he’ll certainly be happy. Don’t be ashamed
/scared! I’m rooting for you!
What do you think? Leave an opinion and vote in the poll!
  • You’re right, they should and this thought of guys making the first move is sexist.
  • You’re wrong, they shouldn’t and it’s not sexist

112

Most Helpful Guy

• This is great. I mean, you're right. It absolutely doesn't matter whether the guy or the girl makes the first move. And I appreciate that you're not a feminist. All liberal up to that point. But what was that about the gender spectrum? Not cool, sorry. And I don't see how your opinion on that matter is in any way related to the topic of the poll.

• I don’t understand what you say, mind elaborating a bit more?

• And that's fine... Technically. It's just that your opinion might be hurtful to some people, and considering that, it would be polite to only state it when it is topic of or at least contributes to the discussion.

• Yeah I see

Most Helpful Girl