“If you don’t at least try to kiss me on the first date, I’m going to assume you’re not interested.” True or false?

I definitely live by the above phrase... I don’t waste my time with guys who don’t show interest. how about you?

“If you don’t at least try to kiss me on the first date, I’m going to assume you’re not interested.” True or false?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe the guy is trying to be respectful and he doesn't know that you are open to being kissed om the first date. If you tell him you are open for it, he might be so attracted that he would get in bed with you. Why are guys supposed to guess what a woman wants and then they pay the price of they are wrong?

5|7
    0|1
    • A guy that assumes she is attracted and goes for it shows confidence and is sexy. If you go for the kiss and she isn't keen you can always say "Oh my bad, you're just seducing me so bad haha" then try again later. But if you don't go for it she thinks you're a pussy and isn't sure if you like her. A girl can't say she likes you first remember, otherwise she'll appear too desperate.

• Show All
    • @crazy8000 didn't quite get what you said there, it was a bit vague riddled with subpar grammer

• Didn't aspect you to understand, you will understand when you see enough of the dots how it fit together 😉

Most Helpful Girl

• I strongly disagree. I need to go on at least 3 dates to kiss him unless he has too much sex appeal and i can't resist. Kissing on the first date may appear too much agressive from both sides to both sides. I may not feel comfortable he also may feel uncomfortable. Plus he may be respecting your persona. Anyway this depends on how long have you known the said person. If he is a person who recently gor out of the friendzone i would kiss him. If he is a stranger or just an aquintance then its a no no

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 86

• Neither agree nor disagree. For me it's more like, if you don't ever text me back when I get your number then I assume you were never interested.

8|5
    0|0
  • You should NEVER make assumptions. Some women are turned off if a guy tries to kiss them on a first date, so how are we to know? I never try to kiss on a first date out of respect and the fact I don't know her well enough (she would have to do it or make it obvious she was open to it). But it doesn't me I have no interest.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't either, but I don't want your interest to be based on my impending actions. If I'm interested, I'll tell you instead of being the guy that kissed every male you've kissed on the past 5 first dates. Respect for one's self is important to me and it should be to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very false. That should be looked at on an individual basis. That sounds like a broad stroke "rule of dating", which is why so many people fail at relationships - stupid rules. People are playing games even when they don't know that they are.

1|2
    0|0
  • Whoa. I'd never, honestly. I may be a bit peculiar about physical contact anyway, but kissing someone after knowing him/her for at maximum some hours wouldn't even cross my mind. I guess if someone tried that with me it'd render me catatonic for like five minutes 😂

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd say false, while im a very affectionate person, on the first date I wouldn't. I truly don't know the person yet and still need more assurance that she's the one for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I have to get some sort of clue as to your intentions with me. As in, if you just think of me as a friend or are sexually or romantically attracted to me. That being said, I usually go by the woman's cues about everything when dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great to see a woman who is looking forward to this. I agree, no kiss = no second date. Seem to see more and more "feminists" or whatever, that seem to think kissing is a sign of oppression, pressure or even early stages of sexual assault and rape.

0|0
    2|0
  • Whilst it's not a hard and fast rule, I do try to make sure I at least try to kiss a girl on a first date for that very reason. I want her leaving knowing 100% that I like her. Unless the date was so-so and I'm not interested in seeing her again or its clear she wasn't feeling it either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls want that and some don't we CAN'T READ your damn MINDS so your either gonna tell US or we'll try, but you can't DEEM that on us not being interested lol hella stupid but i never had that issue cause every girl i dated or been with asked me to lol " i wanna kiss you but it might be awkward at work, do you wanna kiss me " so don't expect dudes to read your mind or you're the one wasting time

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda dumb. Why would he go on a date with you if he wasn't interested. Also, some guys are shy. It doesn't help that you keep hearing about men being "creeps" and bla bla bla. I think a lot of guys are afraid of doing something inappropriate.

1|2
    0|0
  • Uhh if you live by that phrase then you don't understand guys. Not all girls are the same. With some, like you, they expect you to know that they want the guy to make a move right away. Others don't. If you don't make that clear, then don't expect anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I would disagree. Out of a show of respect in courting someone new and not try to push ourselves on our lady in a physical way. No I feel romance and show of a share of interests in much much more important then trying to push right into kissing, foreplay and sex. That is just trashy. Keep it classy lady's😘

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You never know. They might just not be open to kissing on the first date. I am of the mindset that if I contact you and you don't respond after a few hours, unless you have a job that you're supposed to have your phone off (most women have their phone attached to their hip) I will move on.

0|0
    1|0
  • Some women don't like to kiss on the first date... You have to feel it out. I have done it, and I have waited and had it work out. I have kissed on the first date and ruined things because she wasn't ready. Just depends. I think you are narrowing your selection a lot over something pretty stupid. Especially when you probably wouldn't have the balls to do it yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither true or false in my opinion. For me it's more like "if you don't at least try to make an effort in some way I'm going to assume you're not interested."

3|0
    0|0
  • Its false and short sighted.. You'll lose a lot of potential GOLD boyfriends who where respecting you and not aiming to get in your pants.. But you'll never know, because they are a waste of your time...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if you're interested, you have to show some romantic intent... be it with words or actions. A lot of people are scared to make a move on a first date, but I think either person should show how they feel, even if it's in a subtle way. The intention is to date more than be friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost yes, I always say that trying to kiss is much better that doesn´t, but in the women side there are a lot of issues because of, she doesn´t try, not exactly that she doesn´t like you.

ie: many women think that if they do, they would lose value, no matter how hard I try to say it´s exactly the opposite, if she doesn´t let me go, or she doesn´t go, I will suspect she isn´t interested in me.

So, I should evaluate if there is interest or not bedore giving up.

0|0
    0|0
  • l would wish to kiss a girl on a first date watch and see how things are going first keep looking at those sexy lips she would soon understand that we are going to be kissing later? and we would both love tha omg hot girls are fantastic lol please pass me those hot lips

0|0
    0|0
  • Women have ruined the dating scene with all their silly rules.

1|4
    0|0
  • I would only ever kiss someone on the first date if the person in question was someone I knew for a while who I was certain reciprocates my romantic interest.
    I. e. someone who I led a mutually acknowledged flirtationship with beforehand.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s all situational. I mean if it feels right, you’ll know it. If you just go in and force it, that’s probably the last you’ll hear from that person and may come off as harassment.

2|0
    0|0
  • That's a little too harsh I think... Because I've had times where I didn't think she would have wanted me to try and kiss her. She wasn't giving me body language that made me think she wanted me to kiss her, so I wouldn't try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true, But it really all depends on the mood of the date plus sometimes the guy wants to kiss you but he doesn't want the girl to think he moves too fast or just wants a hook up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, if I'm not interested I'll look at my watch a couple of times just so you know I'm going to end this date early.
    That's actually kind from me, be thankful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why the fuck would I try to kiss you on the first date? I'd barely know you at that point, if you ask me a first date is dipping your toes in and testing the waters, after that you put your legs in and see if you wanna go deeper

0|0
    0|0
  • For most people, they will be shy on the first date. If someone really interested with you, he will keep connect with you, and will feel happy if you keep connect with him.

0|0
    1|0
  • Coming from a very shy guy, no, just because I didn't kiss you on the first date doesn't mean I'm not interested. I'm really shy, so thinking about kissing on the first date is just going to make me more nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess you don't want guys who are afraid of taking things too fast. 99% of guys would love to kiss you on the first date you know? You don't have to wait for them to make a move everytime

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• I am attracted to the guy I'm dating but don't plan on kissing him for a long time because I think if I kiss him it will lead to me wanting sex and your not supposed to have sex before marriage.

1|1
    2|1
  • I was crazily attracted to a guy and my body just wanted to jump his the whole time, but I didn’t kiss him on the first date, we just made each other laugh and I gave him a hug and thanked him at the end. I wanted to make sure I was taking the time to get to know him properly instead of letting my physical urges confuse any of that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everybody is different, and he might not be ready, or he's respecting you, etc. My first kiss knew I had never been kissed before and never attempted to on our first date. I asked him why later on and he said he didn't want to take something special like that from me until we were official. I thought that was super sweet and thoughtful. Everybody thinks differently.

1|0
    0|0
  • False. Maybe he's trying to be respectful. Be careful because you'll end up choosing the wrong types of guys thinking that.

0|3
    0|0
  • For me, if you don’t try to kiss me then yea I’m going to think you didn’t feel that attraction. Unless you text me immediately after I leave you telling me you had a great time and would like to see me again. However, I fall into the camp of thinking if I don’t want to kiss you and don’t need to kiss you and you don’t need to kiss me at that moment then there’s not enough passion for what I’m looking for

0|0
    0|0
  • False for me. I didn't kiss my current boyfriend until the third date, and we've been together now for almost 2 years. That's just what we were most comfortable with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never kiss on first dates, I like to develop a friendship first. So, a guy earn points with me if he doesn't try to kiss my on first dates haha

1|1
    0|1
  • False. I can be very shy too. And other guys can be shy as well. If he’s making effort to make the time to get to know you, that shows some interest already.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me its false. I don't want a guy to kiss me on the first date. I will know if a guy is interested in me or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • False. If they wanted to take you out and spend time with you it says they are interested from the beginning.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has their own pace and clock really. For myself, I rather get to know them first. If then we feel attracted, we would kiss. I like to treat him with space and respect, unless it is mutual.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is not true for every guy. I know many guys who needs mental and emotional connection before anything physical.

0|1
    0|0
  • That is so false. If they don't try to kiss you, it's not that they're not interested, it's more like they might be nervous or not know how/when to do it

0|1
    0|0
  • False. It's too early for most people to assume kissing is the next step.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see it as false, I'd see a guy trying to kiss me after the first as disrespectful to myself because what will he try if there is a next

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm it honestly depends on the guy. If he’s clearly a nervous or dorky dude I won’t expect that

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't have to kiss you to show you he is interested

1|0
    0|0
  • if you want something there can be situations where it takes time. but depends

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, and no. Sometimes they are just as nervous as you are. That's why honesty is the best policy.

0|0
    0|0
    • If a guy is nervous he's not a real man

• Show All
    • *where

• Girls say if a guy is
      Nervous he's insecure, and the hate insecure males

• false some people may be shy

1|3
    0|0
  • False.

0|0
    0|0
  • False

0|0
    0|0
  • Very false that is just a first date

0|2
    0|0
  • slut logic 101. good girls kiss at marriage.

0|0
    1|0
    • lol😂😂

• Show All
    • @anshul177 society is dumb and its opinions change like fashions with each generation. human values though are timeless. they dont care about peer pressure. in the shit swamp the diamonds were always far and few... .

• I also don't give a fuck about society I just do what I like

• True

0|0
    0|0
  • False

0|0
    0|0
  • False

0|0
    0|0
  • False

0|0