Is chivalry dead?

Do you think chivalry is dead or are women just more empowered. Do women still want men to open doors and help them carry heavy things. I feel more and more women are saying they can do all these things by themselves.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think chivalry is dead. I think it just depends. Some women wanna feel more independent in that way, some women can be independent and still have a man open a door for them. I don't know maybe I’m old school but I do like when a guy does chilvarious stuff, it makes me feel like he respects and appreciates me, not that he feels superior or anything like that. However, some guys do act chivalrious because they do think women are weak. I couldn’t be with a guy who wanted me to be some barefoot and pregnant , fragile housewife. But if he respected me and my independence , I wouldn’t mind being domestic to an extent. I will need him to share duties on some levels though. I will be working too so it would be nice to have a guy that can throw down in the kitchen and knows how to wash and fold clothes (that’s attractive af to me)

0|0
    0|0
    • I know women are not weak I however have dealt with many women physically struggling to lift something but turn down my help. At that point it's a pride thing.

• You are completely correct it is. Thank you for putting me as most helpful girl ! And just continue being chivalrious don’t let some women affect your opinion on all women.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I don’t think it’s dead. I love it when a guy acts chivalrous to me. I get attracted to guys who open door for me and offer to help carry things for me... small things like that. I wish more guys did it. I don’t have any problem doing those things myself, but I will be more attracted to a guy if he acted that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chivalry isn't dead, they're plenty of men who can and will play the part right, but only if the women do too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the reason behind a lot of the 'traditional' chivalry gestures is dead. I mean, the reason guys opened doors for so long was because doors were thick solid wood and girls looked ridiculous trying to open them with heels on. It was pragmatics and a bit of safe facing gesture for everyone involved in eras of whale bones and hoop skirts. But now we have automatic doors, hollow wood, glass or plexiglass most times. So unless it's a metal door or particularly heavy door, the reasoning is mostly mute. That doesn't mean chivalry is dead. Just try to be considerate. Things like walking slower if your girl rather than a fast paced walk like you'd normally do, or not putting the windows down when she has her hair stylized - IS demonstrating chivalry. Maybe we don't recognize it as much as we should in modern times, but it's major props. : )

0|0
    0|0
  • Chivalry is not a bad thing.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes