Is the relationship over if you start to insult each other?

It was mistake to insult my partner for the first time last week. I begged for forgiveness and he completely changed after that. I don’t know what to do to take it back. I felt like I spoke the truth but he took it as an insult. What should I do? Did this ruin the relationship?

Since people keep asking...

So I found out he was doing drugs whenever he went to raves. When I met him, he told me he didn’t do any drugs, so he lied to me when I found out. I called him out on it and I called him another druggy. He completely changed after that, meaning he started acting cold towards me.

3264

Most Helpful Guy

• Calling him a druggy isn't an insult. Its cold truth. Now tell him to get clean and stop doing it. Don't threaten to leave him, say you will be supportive if he does it and that you care about him and that's why your doing this.

If he doesn't change, leave him.

Also in general, insults that are uncalled for never goes away

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He told me he would stop but I don’t really trust him since he lied to me already.

• Yeah, he told me a lot of names that I don’t remember, but I remember that he mentioned ecstasy.

I will definitely support him on making the change. But he needs to be more open about what he is doing.

• I'd avoid situations and places where drug abuse is possible. If he is going to places surrounded by people doing it, the risk becomes higher.

Also he must break contact with people who are doing it. Friends influence our lives a lot and this man needs to let go of bad influences.

Good luck, its a tough journey but he will thank you in the end :)

Most Helpful Girl

• By "He changed" do you mean he became nasty torwards you? If you said something that was true but uneccessarily horrible I would understand why he'd still be upset. It's too late to take back words and words can really wound a person. But what did you say?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So I found out he was doing drugs whenever he went to raves. When I met him, he told me he didn’t do any drugs, so he lied to me when I found out. I called him out on it and I called him another druggy. He completely changed after that, meaning he started acting cold towards me.

• Well... you were being honest. Some people just hate the truth when it's given. If he's your boyfriend then you should break up with him. you need to be with someone who is forgiving, honest, and won't hide things from you nor deceive you.

• I agree. I felt like I spoke the truth but I guess I could have handle it a bit differently.