Why does he keep messing with my head?

I was hooking up with a guy we talked loads even when we couldn' meet up we even said we loved eachother. a rumor was made up about me getting with another guy I told him it wasn' true he said he believe me but it changed things
We never really go more than a week without talking but we drifted abit and he now has a girlfriend
He text me and told me before it came out
He told me He still missed me and wanted see me I obviously didn't
But we still talk and last weekend he said they were having problems he told me he missed me and wanted meet up I agreed and we talked we were both drunk he phoned and said he was on his way but never came
It' like he knows i care so trys keep me from moving on it' awful it hurts so bad but I can't cut him off because I care
I just don' understand him why won't he stop

12