What can I do to stop the guy I like from moving away?

So I've been talking to this guy for 6 months. We get along really well. And we both admitted we liked each other numerous times.

We met at college last semester. he's from NY which is really far from where we currently are at college. Its a 18 hour drive. He has a past of partying. He told me the reason he moved away in the first place was to escape all his friends and start over fresh. Now he dropped this bomb on me that he might be moving back this summer for good, even though he told me he would never go back there.

It makes no sense to me because its almost like were soulmates and he can't even see it. Im away studying in Europe right now and there's a chance when i get back i won't see him again. He hasn't even reached out to me since I've been away. Its always been me. I asked him what he decided on if he's moving or what and he told me this, “Im not sure yet still. I've been talking to a bunch of people and still trying to weigh all my options. Its tough right now for sure” i gave him some space but i really dont want him to leave. I know he's probably going to get in trouble up there and really mess up his life. he's 25 by the way and Im 21.

01