A girl asked me for my number, but I didn't have a cell phone. From her expression I think she took it as a rejection. WHY?

Keep in mind that this happened over 10 years ago.

I was wondering how in the hell me telling her that I didn't have a cell phone meant that I didn't like her. I was telling the truth, I literally had no need for one until she asked me for my number.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmmm I guess it depends on how you followed up with that after lol. For some its hard to believe I guess that one wouldn't have a cell phone.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well unfortunately I never got a chance to follow up as her time there had already elapsed, and I was scheduled to be there a much longer time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Even ten years ago almost everyone had one

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree with that standpoint. Plenty of other people were around that she could've asked out. I made no attempt to stand out. In fact I almost willingly made efforts to blend into the background. She sought me out despite that. Not being able to respond to that amount of effort is unforgivable in my mind.

In fact, it was the first time I regretted not having a cell phone and it motivated me to get one.

• Dude, you still thinking about that?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it isn't the only thing bothering me, but yes. I still think about it, mainly because she seemed quite serious about it. Also back then it was almost unheard of for a girl to ask a guy out, so I admired her for that bit of courage as well.

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes