Why are people making a big deal about me not having my first kiss yet?

I never thought it was a big deal, but recently I've been getting a lot of texts from people I dont know on social media making fun of me because it hasn't happened yet, and they keep making it seem like its my fault that a guy hasn't approached me in an intimate way

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don’t take criticism seriously from those who don’t know you, your circumstances or what life is like... in your real world. It’s a good idea if you try to get outside your comfort zone, engage with people in person, and not allow social media to substitute your real social life. There is a big difference, you can control this... you can’t control out there, in the real world, only what you do, and a click of a button won’t save you.
    The only reason I’m saying this is because it sounds like you are talking social media opinions too seriously

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not a big deal. You shouldn't let people control how you should live your life. If you haven't found the perfect opportunity to kiss someone, then dont force it. I'm 22 years old and I still haven't had my first kiss, and I don't feel any pressure.

0|0
    0|0
    • @JoesCuriousBrain You're being really rude. No one did anything to you, especially her. You're the only person who hasn't been helpful. No one has time to deal with your ignorance

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 54

• Lol YOU'RE a loser for making it public and the fact that anybody besides you knows. Shot yourself in the foot on that one running to the internet and telling everyone something embarrassing... wow...

0|0
    3|2
    • You didn't have to be such a fucking asshole about it. I'm already feeling like crap.

• Don't sweat it. It's funny how important things like that seem at your age, then you get older and realize it was an immature thing to out so much focus on. Some of the coolest and coincidentally prettiest girls I went to high school with didn't get "noticed" by us dumb teenage boys until senior year or college. Enjoy life, focus on yourself, and eventually everything else will come together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are dumb lol. A lot of social stigma to be more "mature" is honestly stupid. I'm a college sophomore and although I have given my first kiss away in my junior year of high school, I'm still a virgin. I honestly don't care too much. I'd rather spend quality time with someone who I genuinely like than to 'seize the moment' and give my first time to someone simply for carnal pleasure.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're 15 for crying out loud. Calm down, you don't need to be kissing, dating, or doing anything sexual. You aren't able to take care of yourself yet. I don't mean that to be offensive but it's a fact. You're too young to be worrying about this kind of stuff right now. Don't hang around those people because they are pressuring you to do one thing that will end in a laundry list of dumb things. Focus on your education, your family, and hobbies that make YOU happy.

0|2
    0|0
    • Bro kids start fucking and doing every sort of nasty in Jr High... i know things are different for these Millennials but I didn't think anti-social tendencies would be THIS bad...

• I grew up with this stuff going on as well but I always saw it as foolish. The spread of STD's is NO JOKE. Teen Pregnancy is NO JOKE. Abortion is NO JOKE. This stuff is so out of hand. This is why I want to home school my kids and keep an eye on them. This is just awful! I feel so bad for these kids getting pressured and it all stems from places outside the school.

• Please don't listen to people voice their opinion about your choices. Especially if it's to bring you down and make you feel bad about stupid things. Don't fall into peer pressure. Kids your age love to look for the next thing to laugh that, even if it's another person. The best thing you can do is not not feed it attention. You'll find yourself in a bad place if you do :(

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal, hold on to it for someone special. I waited until I was 21 and gave it to a girl who means a lot to me. It made her feel very special and she knows I'm not easy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really isn't that big a deal. A good make out is fun, but a simple first kiss is nice at best, not much more. Don't force it to happen, wait for a nice moment on a date with a guy you like, whenever that happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them to fuck off and block them. Leave them hanging with that sentiment, because you're right... it's none of their business and it doesn't matter. Keep your friends close.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about it too much. 43% to 57% of incoming college freshman are virgins, contrary to popular belief. I think that your first kiss isn't as sacred as first time having sex, so maybe be more open to kissing people sooner than you may think

0|0
    0|0
  • Focus on school and ignore losers, they will work for you soon. Kisses aren't a big deal don't worry about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well generally by hoeing around you can easily get a kiss, and since so many people do that, it's kinda become common. Props to you for not being a hoe lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal. In all honesty being pure is a huge turn on for guys. You can use that to get a kiss or something more. But it's really not a big deal. Been like 9 years since I last kissed and I'm not ridiculed.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could just be that they are just lowly trolls trying to get under ur skin. Not havig yr first kiss at 15 is incredibly common so its not a bad thing sometimes its better to wate and or focus on other things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be proud of it makes you unique. Not necessarily in a bad way. F them, represent it, so what, say its none of their business and you will when your ready. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself, their jealous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore them. Take your time. Dont rush sexual things, especially as a female. I know plenty of females who lost their virginity at 15 or so and they regret not waiting. Never feel pressured to do anything sexual, especially at such a young age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it is so pointless but they make it such a huge deal. Wait girl for someone special.

0|0
    0|0
  • First off. Stop worrying about what other people think. Plus you are 15 is it later then most on a first kiss. Yes but you'll have your time when you are ready.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and try not to care so much about what others think. You'll be much happier this way. Side note, many teenagers are assholes, don't let this take your happiness away.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine my friend. Don't think too much about it cause it won't help you at all. Enjoy your life and wait until you find someone that you think is right to kiss👌🏽

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a bad thing at all if anything it shows you're not one to just give away love to any and everybody and guys respect that! It's no big deal honestly, it will happen when it does 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • Can't give it away if I've never had the opportunity to say yes or no

• Okay I understand that but still, why don't you try talking to a few people, get to know people! Honestly though I know it may seem like a big deal but it's really not I promise just ignore the horrible messages!

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• If you share your intimate details with strangers this is what happens. You get judged, bullied, frowned on, ridiculed, so do not do it again. I would have the sense to think to myself that not having kissed yet may well be because you are cautious or did not fancy the guys who offered, not that nobody offered, but who says the idiots who make fun of you have any sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh you're 15. I was 17 when I had my first kiss and it was my first relationship as well. I was picked on all through school and the popular girls told me I'd never find anyone who would want sex with me. I still remember the way she said "who would ever want to have sex with THAT". Don't worry about it and ignore the people texting or on social media because people are just mean over the slightest thing at that age.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't worry about it. It happens when you're ready and it will just sort of sneak up on you when the time is right. Just don't try to make it happen just to get it over with for other people. You want to look back and remember it in a positive way.

• Forget them. You have your first kiss when you want to. Its something you will always remember and it should be romantic, funny, awkward (in a good way) fun, thrilling or all of the above. I had my first kiss with my first boyfriend. Altho he was a shitty boyfriend.. My first kiss was funny to me bc i didn't realize i had to close my eyes lmao so in those few minutes and fee kisses.. My eyes were opened until i remembered i had to keep them close. I was 19 when I had my first kiss

0|0
    0|0
  • Its in no way your fault. You just have different priorities that those dumbasses. I'm 19, I too haven't kissed someone before. Its so not a big deal, there are other things to worry about than some touching of skin and swapping sliva.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell em a kiss is basically sucking on someone's lip and eating their spit. What's so special about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had my first kiss when I was 16 (sophomore year of hs.) you have nothing to worry about and don’t let anyone rush you or make you feel pressured there’s nothing wrong with not having ur first kiss yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Value is established by scarcity. You kiss for the person, not the experience. As far as I'm concerned, you're on the right path.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them to fuck off.
    Don't feel bad about it, you're only 15..
    This might be a bit crazy maybe but I haven't kissed anyone and I'm 23. I don't feel bad about it either lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell them you're trying to figure out if you are lesbian or not so you don't want to kiss anyone until you find that out

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're dumb. Save it so it means something! Wait for your first real love; dont just try to get it over so they'll stop. You'll regret it

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have my first kiss till I was 16 few months off 17, but I know lots who haven't till later. Don't worry about it

0|0
    0|0
  • hahaha u should kiss whoever bullies u x) jk but seriously they are such asses. don't rush alright x

0|1
    0|0
  • Im 19 and haven't. Its really not a big deal, tell them to leave u alone

0|1
    0|0
  • No it not your fault they r just being an ass to. U...

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're jerks, just ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecure idiots. Block them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not bad i still haven't had mine

0|0
    0|0
  • You are 15 ffs you're still young and you don't seem ready don't give it up to anyone just cause people are pressuring you at the end you'll be the one to remember whobyour first kiss was for the rest of your life but these people won't remember it forever and won't care in a few years who it was or if you kissed anyone yet or not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes