How do I put myself out there and build a deeper connection?

I am a 23, a college student (nursing major/travel psychology nursing focus) that is introverted and I mostly keep to myself. Though, I do enjoy meeting new people and interaction. Once the ice is broken, people actually seem to enjoy me and my company. It seems like I am stuck in my life right now -- I am trying to get through college so that I can provide for myself. It just seems like I have not had any valuable connections made in friendships, or in relationships. I had one high school boyfriend and a few dates after high school. Nothing has went past a first date and my classes mainly consist of females. How do I make deeper connections with people?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Deeper connections happen over time. You just have to find people you really get along with relatively effortlessly. Also, try not to keep the conversation completely surface level.

• I once talked to someone for 30 minutes about nothing but surface level topics. He was a cool dude, but we never talked again. There was nothing noteworthy to relate to

• That's gonna be pretty difficult, you have to open up at least a little. People like to see a little humanity in another person

• Understandably so. It must be a fear of rejection or underlying insecurities holding me back, but like you said, people like to see humanity in someone.