Should I use dating sites anyway?

Basically I would like to find a guy that I click with and can have a long term relationship with. However there are several guys that have been chasing me for years, who I have clearly told that I am not interested in them. I want to use dating sites, but I’m scared that one of these guys will see me and either 1) get mad and jealous or else 2) use the site to trick me into going out with them.
Also unrelated, but I scared of random people I know seeing me on there and thinking that I am desperate.
Are my thoughts in this valid? What should I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't worry so much about them getting mad or jealous. If you've already told these guys that you're not interested, then that's their own problem for feeling that way if they were to see you on a dating site (if they had profiles on the same site).

Adding onto that, unless they had profiles on the same site, or knew you were on that particular one, I don't think you'd have as much to be concerned about there. I could be wrong. I don't know. But I personally don't see that being as big of a worry as you might think.

As for people thinking that you're desperate? That kind of mentality seems to have decreased a bit over the years as attitudes changed. I think more and more people are starting to realize that dating websites and apps are just another tool to meet someone. I was on a dating site specifically for Catholics until about a year ago and the reason why was simply because the kind of woman that I was looking for wasn't exactly the most readily available in my immediate area.

And if it helps, I actually think that some of these dating websites are starting to get desperate. Seriously, almost every week now it seems, I see commercials for free communication weekend on eHarmony.

0|0
    0|0
    • Anyway, the point is, yes, I think you should give it a shot.

• Show All
    • I am Catholic. I like the idea of being able to block him if things got weird

• Neat. I'd try Catholic Match. There are all sorts of specifics you can filter out. For example, you can filter out guys by how frequently they attend Mass, what kind of Mass they go to (my girlfriend and I go to a Latin Mass), what Church teachings they accept, things like that.

There are also chatrooms, forums, weekly trivia, a video tutorial on how to boost your profile, stuff like that.

• Stop caring about the opinions of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi call me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes