Should I use dating sites anyway?

Basically I would like to find a guy that I click with and can have a long term relationship with. However there are several guys that have been chasing me for years, who I have clearly told that I am not interested in them. I want to use dating sites, but I’m scared that one of these guys will see me and either 1) get mad and jealous or else 2) use the site to trick me into going out with them.
Also unrelated, but I scared of random people I know seeing me on there and thinking that I am desperate.
Are my thoughts in this valid? What should I do?

03