Have you ever been manipulated by someone? If so why and how?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I mean, yes, EVERYONE'S been manipulated. There's positive and negative manipulation, having to do with the way it affects others. Positive example: Parent's telling their kids about Santa.
    Negative example: Manipulating someone into give you their cookie.
    But, the biggest part of any manipulation, the person can't know they're being manipulated. If they know, even if everything goes according to plan, it's no longer a manipulation, it's a mentally consensual con in a way. An example: If the kid already knows there's no such thing as santa, but continues to behave as if there is a santa, they are accepting the con for other reasons. Same for the cookie.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex manipulated me for years. We broke up five years ago and wherever she wants something from me she will either try to make out it's for our daughter and guilt trip me that way or dangle the prospect of us getting back together.

Neither works now - if my daughter needs something she will tell me directly and due to something my ex did recently, the idea of getting back with her sickens me. So can't manipulate me any more unless she finds a new way

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but you still love her though. Thats the hard part i guess.

• Show All
    • Thats good but to be fair i still feel like you love her but i could be wrong you know. I dont know you well enough to assume that i feel like you're angry on the surface and you really want to let go of her but deep down in your heart you stil love her. And i mean icdont blame you she's the mother of your kid. I know its hard but i dont know i just feel like this. Again i might be completely wrong but its just a thought cause you make a reference to her often in your replies.

• I do still love her - in fact she's the only person I have ever really loved (had loads of girlfriends in the past). Annoyingly, she is the first thing I think about when I wake up and just being in her presence makes my heart flutter (sad old I know).

I wish could stop loving her and just concentrate on my daughters and my daughters but my brain stubbornly refuses to comply.

I seriously don't know what to do about myself because everything I have tried hasn't worked. She finds it funny and laughs with her friends that she can get me to do anything she wants. Trouble is, she's right that she can!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A few guys came up to me at my work (when I first started). They said I was fired and I needed to leave. They said Mark (my co worker) said for them to tell me. Well, Mark is also my boss and since I figured these were the new hires, I went to the back and packed my shit. Mark came in the back and asked if I saw two buff guys that stole from the register... I went out there and beat both up them up. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes my ex boyfriend that force me to stay in a relationship when I was going out of the relationship. he didn't put any effort in.. Then said you need work with attention and he end up cheating on the second chance. a girl the I was friends use my trust to get to my ex boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him anyway.

• Show All
    • People think I am dumb but I am not. I have a learn lot about people as well as online

• Yes candace i see you're point. You aren't dumb at all. I think you're smart and you're learning about life and people which is good. Deep down you're actually a good person but you're just figuring things out for yourself and just like everyone in this world we learn from our mistakes and we grow and we become better people. So i dont judge you at all because life is an experience. And its different for everyone. So i absolutly do not agree at all with the negative comments you get on your posts.

• yup my ex used and abused me because i knew people who could make her famous at the time, sad to say but after her i cut ties with everyone i knew from that industry and moved on with my life

0|0
    0|0
    • And you're only 20 years old lol. Im sorry that happened to you bro

• Show All
    • thanks

• No problem. Anytime.

• My sociopath friend calls me rude if I don't help him because his problems are "the worst and he's dying" :/ lol

0|0
    0|0
  • yes all my life well half of it l will tell you more at a later date edwin in scotland? will talk with you soon take care

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyday of my life. From the McDonald's commercials hiring people with little hands to make a cheeseburger look bigger to my nieces asking me for help with their homework to make it fun for them. I only get upset with it when someone uses it to take from me or my family. Like when last week the U. S. supreme court ruled that I'm not allowed to walk out of a job with my friend over a bad boss under the pretense that they're helping people. Just taking basic human rights from people in general pisses me off. On the basic side just smiling at someone is manipulating their emotions so I don't think manipulating someone is necessarily wrong unless you do it for your best interests before theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's something I run away from. I don't like any form of manipulation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I am the manipulator.
    I am the puppet master.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol how so?

• Show All
    • I've only had sex with one man... so think what you want.
      I usually manipulate for food, makeup, perfumes...
      Usually the store employees.

• Hahahaha so you're just a big flirt then. Lol. Thats ok. you're young. Life is short
      We learn from our mistakes. Im not judging. you're still a cool chick to me
      I was just teasing you ok girlfriend.

• Yes my ex controlled me. Made me do whst she wanted.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have tried.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • That story would take forever to type.

0|0
    0|0
  • Currently being manipulated

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes