Help needed, work girl confusing and indecisive?

So a little while back I went on a date with a girl from work, it went well we ended up getting together however since then I've asked twice to take her out again and she's said no both times.

Despite this she has continued to message me and ask to go for drinks etc which is obviously very confusing and frustrating for me. Recently I said to her we can't keep messaging and meeting because I'm finding it too frustrating and feel that we need some space.

She replied saying that I'm jumping the gun, she's confused and doesn't know what she wants.. since then we've barely spoken and I haven't heard from her.

Was this the right thing to do? Should I have continued making an effort and taking it slow despite her saying no to the times I asked her out.

Appreciate any insight

10