Have you dated or would you date a gamer? Are you a gamer yourself?

By gaming, I mean tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons or World of Darkness (my favorite), online RPGs like World of Warcraft and traditional video games like Skyrim or Witcher.

Have you dated or would you date a gamer? Are you a gamer yourself?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I play pathfinder on Sundays that everyone can make it with a group of friends, currently playing a half orc barbarian and a human rogue with a couple of archetypes, its called a shaker build.
    zenithgames.blogspot.com/.../...r-rogue-build.html
    Basically you take two archetypes, so you take two weapon fighting, to get extra attacks, you get more sneak attacks, at higher levels you do stat damage and az long as you use a knife or dagger type weapon you do d8s instead of d6s,
    Attacks at +13/+13/+8/+8, dealing d4 (+6d8 and 2 strength damage on sneak attack) for each hit.
    If you want to know, I wanted to play a human piratey rogue, which I did, and looked for overpowered builds

0|0
    0|0
    • But yeah that's at ONLY 12TH LEVEL

• That's really fucking impressive... I've never played Pathfinder, but I played D&D 3.5 back in college, and I remember enough of the rules to get a pretty good idea of what you're talking about.

• Yeah pathfinder is basically 3.5 perfected

Most Helpful Girl

• I am and I'm dating one... he's very lucky, every time he does some online gaming with other guys they keep saying that their girlfriends don't like them playing... I'm the only cheerleading girlfriend ๐Ÿ˜

0|5
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 155

• I used to be myself years ago a gamer but it stopped once I have graduated from college and started working full time to cover the expenses of the house, and also help my unemployed single mother.
    In my own honest opinion dear Queen Of Cups I don't see why I wouldn't be dating a gamer, I have no problem with it, have done it before, and frankly it hasn't change anything related to the relationship, on the contrary, we have shared more fun times together than other traditional couples were having.
    As far as am concerned, I don't think I will be dating the "Gamer" once I get to know who she really is. Some of us are gamers, others are fitness addicts, maybe sports addicts or TV addicts, etc... the list goes on. But once you look deeper into that soul and know who they are, then nothing will be the same.
    I used to smoke a lot, I know it has nothing to do with the subject, but one girl I dated once, made me unintentionally stop smoking. Hopefully you will get the point I am trying to make with this example dear Queen Of Cups.
    From your description, I can tell you are a gamer, so how is it going with your SO?

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m not a gamer. So I will say I donโ€™t see the attraction to it. But that said as long as it didnโ€™t interfere with our relationship Iโ€™d be fine with it. I think having interests and passions that are separate from your significant other is a good thing. People need time away even for just short stints to recharge the batteries of the relationship and taking time to indulge in separate passions can be a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a gamer. I gave over 150 games on steam and would probably have double that if I made a decent wage. Over 1000 hours on league of legends, which is probably my most played game. I also play warhammer 40k and magic the gathering when I get the opportunity, but being in a small town makes it hard to get groups of people together for D&D. I'd love to date someone as nerdy as myself, being able to share my hobby instead of having it be complained about would be great!

0|1
    0|0
  • Girl, I write D&D campaigns. If I found a girl that was chill with that I would be all over that haha. A bit iffy on WoW just cause I know how many hours people put into it on the reg.

0|1
    0|0
    • You mean like published adventures? And yes, I gave up WoW cause it was just taking up too much of my time.

• Show All
    • Yeah, I've looked at Warhammer also! Currently I'm working on a western space fantasy universe. It's interesting but sweet lord if guns aren't a pain in the ass haha.

• I bet! Never tried Warhammer.

• I'm not a gamer. It seems that "gaming" as a hobby has been folded into traditional masculinity in the U. S. definition though. So the premium on men who are gamers has risen, and it's actually unattractive to not be a gamer now if you're under 25. And if you're a woman, you are involved in a male-dominated hobby so it shouldn't be hard to meet dates. I've played D&D before, although I didn't enjoy it. I would date a gamer as long as they had other hobbies that we could relate on too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a gamer, I don't think most women like gamers. To make matters worse those that do are generally harder to find.

I would absolutely date a gamer.

Keep searching, they are elusive but girl gamers are out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id be happy to have gaming buddy. I own several Fantasy Flight games. I am also a game buff but I am not into MMORPGs as I find games which force you to grind annoying. Love Skyrim, CupHead, Planet Coaster, HellBlade COD WW2, WWE 2k 18, Mario Kart etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Video games are not as important to me as they once were. I use to play entire weekends with the occasional bathroom and lunch break. Now I can't play longer than 20-40 minutes without getting bored. So it's not really important to me if my better half does or doesn't play video games.

Looking at my Steam account I spend more time now buying games than actually playing them. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be ideal for me.
    Playing D&D would be pretty cool. And the single player RPGs would be good for conversations.
    For video games I usually prefer single player or sometimes a co op game if it is with an SO. Or play as a team against others online. Playing video games by myself sometimes helps to unwind without anyone else.
    I do like playing board games too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a gamer and I would never date one cuz besides the fact that they tend to be quite unattractive, they like talking about games all the time, like shut the fuck up nobody gives a fuck about how far you got last night. They also tend to be really nerdy and just overall not my type in any way

0|0
    0|1
  • I would date a gamer, and i am one.

I love your pic choice. She is so attractive there. But I would totally stop gaming if she did that to me, I would just hold her till she fell asleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have and would. But past experience has shown they either loss interest in gaming to be with me or they just vegge out and then end up being just a booty call when they want some dick between leveling up.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ! Yes ! Yes !
    I enjoy PlayStation and rpgs have changed from Rolling dice & character sheets to Role of characters in computers. Playing meant reading and research of literature not holding a joystick or keyboard with premade choices. I would like a lady who has got game.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a gamer and my wife doesn't like those type of games. She destroys me in some games, though. Come to think of it, usually women destroy me in tabletop games, but that's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have and am again. Previous relationship didn't work because she was more interested in online gaming than in social interactions.

My current relationship isn't into electronic games, but she does love boardgames and cardgames. We host a monthly gaming group together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have, but I would. I'm a gamer as well as a Game Developer, and it would be nice to have someone that souldn't mind testing/reviewing my games before release.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't discriminate based on hobbies. As long as she's hot, we're compatible, and her gaming doesn't get in the way of our relationship, I'd totally date her. We can play strip Mario Kart for one of (all of) our dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating a gamer now and im a gamer myself. I think its better to date a gamer if your already one because they already understand what it's like. Like most don't understand how there is some games you can't just pause or how a gamers life is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I was a gamer. I used to play games on my DS (Pokรฉmon and Dragon quest games were my favorite one's) and PC (No PC favorites). And yes I would date a gamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would be open to it as long as it didn't monopolize their time or prevent them from being involved in our relationship and the rest of life

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah definitely... if i will get a chance to date a gamer i will definitely date coz i am myself gamer.. and it will a lot of fun if my SO is also a gamer.. so we both try to defeat eachother + its amazing to have a gud competitor...๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it all depends on if the individual is better than me or not. Also, if they are better do they have enough compassion to make me not look so horrible at it. There are many factors. I suppose it boils down too personality...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, but I'd be hesitant to do it again, unless I start a different hobby (not likely atm). I've found having different hobbies in a rekationship is better for a more satisfying one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would as I'm a gamer too, but I also have a personality outside of it so I'd want a girl who is more than just a gamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am one.
    Dated one... saw WoW addiction.
    I actually don't think I could date a non-gamer, seeing as I'm a 3D environment artist... my life is gaming, playtesting, level design.

I would drive a non-gamer nuts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your hobbies and activities don't carry much weight - guys are WAY more interested in your level of attraction and desire for them. What you do for fun is way down the ladder of importance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and yes. Let's roll some dice! Pull out the Warhammer, get out that measuring tape, turn on that PC and boot up the PS4 for a true gaming experience. W00T! Lol :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I love games but play when am less busy, it is fun for you guys... of course i can date a gamer... however everything has limit and time... when it's too much , it's bad

1|0
    0|0
  • I would date a gamer chick, but I won't be the dude in this picture. I'd be hugging back without the controller.

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha, if I could find a girl who games in real life, I'd probably ask her out.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 55

• Yes to both and I used to own and operate a gaming/hobby shop

0|5
    0|0
  • I play WOW and my group of friends like Catan and Talisman. I am married to a gamer.

0|4
    0|0
  • I am a full time gamer. Yes I would date one. But im not dumb to knowing it will be a challenge. People like to imagine a perfect gamer boyfriend or girlfriend. It isn't so simple. Time management would be hell

1|2
    0|0
  • I am a gamer of all types.

My first husband was the type of gamer โ€œtheyโ€ always warn you about. He was distant, didnโ€™t take care of the kids, and refused to pause his game to deal with real life. He would also over draft the account to buy games without planning ahead.

My second and current husband is also a gamer, but it doesnโ€™t affect our lives. I would not date anyone like my ex, but obviously I chose to marry my second husband.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually dated a few gamers in my life, and I'm a gamer myself. It's actually a great thing. You both have something to tell each other about what you did while in-game, and all the different quests or whatever else that you need to do...

0|3
    0|0
  • As long as that's not all they did. My ex's have been gamers and usually didn't do a lot else. My boyfriend is into games but they don't consume all his time and energy so he has a nice healthy balance.

2|1
    0|0
  • I like PC games... and play them sometimes... Mostly just the new ones and then move on - if they're good I'd play them a few more times during the years...
    But I wouldn't classify myself as a gamer since I'm not addicted nor obsessed, nor do I play games every month, week, much less every day.

I've known plenty of gamers who would be good friends, but terrible boyfriends.
    Not about that life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider myself a gamer and my ex was one as well. We had a lot of fun playing together but eventually the relationship suffered with us just staying in and gaming all weekend

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao Im currently dating a gamer
    My boyfriend plays world of warcraft every night before he goes to bed lol
    I've been with him for 2 years
    Its nothing bad but looking at him play makes me bored lmao๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Maybe coz I dont play games much๐Ÿ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and he's 28
      And no he doesn't live with his parents lol
      ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Oh i was asking myself the same question... i love having a gamer as a friend or of course boyfriend and i agree it gets pretty boring wen watching the play but sometimes it helps you figure out small things about him that even him didn't know about... lmao๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I'm a gamer, my friends with benefits is a gamer. I literally enjoy gaming while facesitting. Lmao.

0|5
    0|1
  • I would yeah I love video games so I'd want the guy 2 as well

0|4
    0|0
  • Table top rpgs are pretty fun , even the board games that are based like those are nice way to have a great evening with friends, i used to daye a guy that was way into those games and got me into the scene ๐Ÿค—

0|0
    0|0
    • My first boyfriend was a gamer, but he didn't get me into the scene. I'd been playing with my friends since I was 12.

• Show All
    • Me too!

• Have to tag @Halligan somewhere to this post, She is definitely a gamer

• Yeah i would love to although i am not really into games but i would like to try.. expecially horror games

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Horror games are cool

• 5d

Yeah right, there is something about mysterious creepy stuff that that dive me in the genre and its also funny when you play with somebody and you can see their reactions expecially to the jump moments

• I'm a gamer.. well not as of late but the skill is still there lol. I'd most definitely date a gamer

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends.

If he is a casual gamer then no worries. I am also a gamer, but still functional lol

I've always dreamed of having a boyfriend as dedicated to Mortal Kombat, so we can train for hours then annihilate on online.

I love shooters and RPGs and have had amazing times with crushes / romantic. playing halo, gears of war and COD

I got stupid good at Halo, which isn't insanely difficult to do lol (just beat it on the hardest difficulty one time. and you're a beast lol,) both my guy and I were in rival clans.

So much fun lol our clan buds on there knew we were dating so they had so many jokes. I would randomly declare my love for him mid round and turn on my clan, then get mad at him for leaving the toilet seat up then suicide bomb all us in their base

We were all good sports about it so everyone was cracking up for most of our sessions.

So yeah, if he is chill like that and still functional in his adult responsibilities, itd be a great relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if he was physical to some degree. I like physical men who are active, not shut-ins who never leave the house.

0|0
    0|0
    • I remember you as the girl who got it on at the back seat of the tour bus

• I am a gamer; I have in the past, would again, and am currently dating a gamer.

And I'm taking a snack break from Skyrim ATM ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. I think its bullshit when people would rather be in a fantasy world than spending time w their partner. Its in the realm of degrading.

0|0
    0|6
    • Hm I think you're misunderstanding "gamer" and "nerd" ^^ A gamer is just someone that plays video games a bit more than usual people, but it doesn't mean he has to live for it or is only passionated about it, or, in a nerd case, is only living in and for it ๐Ÿ˜›

• Show All
    • As someone working in a creative business (ads) I have to point out that all the entertainmemt you see is not only educational (not only in terms of creativity) but is also influencing pretty much everything you use or do. I have absolutely no idea what kind of robotic horrible beings humans would be without entertaining games, books and movies that are so stimulating to everything we do :)

• Haha this chick is extreme.

• I did and he loves the game more than me ๐Ÿ˜‚.. I was supportive tho I bought him a gaming pc but still haha ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|2
    0|0
  • Not a gamer and most likely I'd get real bored being with a gamer so no. I'm sure they're good guys but just different interests.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would date a gamer as long as he plays during our separate activity time or is willing to play 2 player games when I'm there. I don't find of entertaining to watch someone play.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really a gamer, wouldn't get serious with one either. Dated a gamer in high school, he ignored me one day so bad, I got physical with his brother in his room, he didn't even notice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a gamer once and we didn't really talk much because of it. But I would like to date someone who plays games because it's different for everyone and plus video games are fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Dated a gamer. It was a lot of ups and downs tho. Games everyday (even tho we did hangout and party) barley answer the phone :(

0|0
    0|0
    • That are hardcore gamers. Most guys are more like casual gamers. Gaming sometimes, but not very much. Still a gamer.

• I am gamer as well as my boyfriend. I Play mainly third shooter. Splatoon 2 . my boyfriend played on puzzle games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a modern gamer but I'll play super Mario sunshine with him and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say am gamer but i like playing sometimes... and having a gamer i have dated 1 and of course i will again

0|0
    0|0
  • I did in high school.
    Itโ€™s was frustrating sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love gaming. So does my boyfriend... makes life more fun sometimes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No that be weird imagine making love behind her back making love.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes