Different county?

My boyfriend applied for a job in a different country. I think he has a pretty good chance at getting the job. If the job is offered to him, I want him to take it because it's an amazing opportunity.

He wants me to come with him. However, the job will pay for his housing/food and give him extra money on top of that to do whatever. He said I can go and they will pay for me as his girlfriend.

I don't think a job will pay for me to live in paid housing as just a girlfriend. I think we might have to be married. I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound right. Anyone know anything about this?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• What I know about immigration law is, that you only get a spouse visa when you two are married. If not, you'd need an individual visa. This opens the question of: based on what? It could be student, or employment? Perhaps the country in question has some specific 'offers' there. You could look it up on their government's website or embassy. Inofficially, there are a few ways to -say- bypass without causing harm. But that isn't always a good idea. A visitors visa (often on-arrival) can vary much in length granted. Can be up to 6 months or as short as two weeks. Extensions usually are possible.