Why do girls ask to be friends with guys after they reject them?

There's this girl I really liked in my college. I had only met her for a couple of weeks but we spent a lot of time together. I started giving her some hints that I wanted to date her but she kept on responding that she wanted us to get to know each other more. We went out a couple of times, she slept over at my place some few times... Next thing I knew, she started dating this other guy!

I was crushed and couldn't stand being just friends with her while she was dating another guy. I stopped contacting her and now she's so upset and wanna be friends with me. She just doesn't understand what the big deal is if I like her and she's dating someone else. Heck, she even wants me to try to be friends with his boyfriend.

What should I do? Should I just forget her?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• She either values you as a friend but isn't attracted to you, or she's keeping you around on the backburner just in case, as a Plan B.

You've heard a lot of women say "girls don't owe you anything just because you like them". Well, it's a two way coin. You don't owe her anything, either. If you're interested in a relationship but she isn't, one of you will always be let down.

If you can't separate the two, it may be best to just walk away.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because girls mostly value friendship and would like to think we mean more to a guy than just sexual/romantic attraction