Why do girls ask to be friends with guys after they reject them?

There's this girl I really liked in my college. I had only met her for a couple of weeks but we spent a lot of time together. I started giving her some hints that I wanted to date her but she kept on responding that she wanted us to get to know each other more. We went out a couple of times, she slept over at my place some few times... Next thing I knew, she started dating this other guy!

I was crushed and couldn't stand being just friends with her while she was dating another guy. I stopped contacting her and now she's so upset and wanna be friends with me. She just doesn't understand what the big deal is if I like her and she's dating someone else. Heck, she even wants me to try to be friends with his boyfriend.

What should I do? Should I just forget her?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• She either values you as a friend but isn't attracted to you, or she's keeping you around on the backburner just in case, as a Plan B.

You've heard a lot of women say "girls don't owe you anything just because you like them". Well, it's a two way coin. You don't owe her anything, either. If you're interested in a relationship but she isn't, one of you will always be let down.

If you can't separate the two, it may be best to just walk away.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because girls mostly value friendship and would like to think we mean more to a guy than just sexual/romantic attraction

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah you should. You are doing the right things by stopping contact so to not possibly interfere with her relationship. Just say you are not interested with being friends. The whole purpose of your friendship before was to move to dating eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's viewing you as a beta male. Keep her at arm's distance, you can still be friends with her, on your terms. Definitely move your energy to other girls

0|0
    0|0
  • She enjoyed you're company and wanna keep it. It's not an female thing it's a hey we get along thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they genuinely value the friendship but aren't sexually or emotionally attracted to them.

0|0
    0|0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes