Should I have jumped into this relationship or did I do the right thing?

My coworker wants to be in a relationship with me but I don't even know him like that to be in a relationship. i know he has kids but that isn't the problem. We argue a lot about things we disagree on and me not wanting things that happened in other relationships and he just doesn't get it. He'll call me is girl friend and that is a turn off and I tell him that and it's like he didn't listen. I like taking to him as a friend and coworker but he doesn't even want to be just friend he wants to jump in a relationship and that's annoying

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't even consider being in a relationship with this guy. He is disrespectful towards you and is coming on too strong. A friendship before a relationship is the best thing ever, and he doesn't even want that. You did the right thing avoiding being in a relationship with him.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its obvious that you didn't want or you werent ready so, I think you made it right.

When I tell something romantic to a woman I always look her face, if it isn't joy, there is a problem.

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You apparently have Not been Rough Enough, You are Enabling him to Continue... Harassing you about Nonsense.
    Set him Straight, That you don't Want a Date nor a Me. He sounds Off-the-Wall and All. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but I thought he'd understand I said I wasn't ready for us to be more then friends. It's hard for me to be mean or sound rude he is my coworker so that makes it harder you know

• You are very right that u not know him... and as he trying to dominate you what he do in relationship... tell him clearly that it's too fast.. first let be friend and know each other then as per circumstances we can decide what's next... do not give him wrong signals so that he think u want more than a friend.. be reserve with him and handle it the way that u want a distance between u two...

1|0
    0|1
    • He knows excatly how I feel about the situation not only do I not want to rush things between us but I didn't want to make it awkward since I have to work with him but it's too much pressure on me with meeting his kids and us being together just seems like he doesn't know what let's just be friends and see where it goes

• Show All
    • I don't really talk at work but I do avoid him when I can because theirs so much people to feed and talk to it's easily to avoid him only when I take breaks do I see him and yeah I do I'm in college so it takes up mostly all my time and that's my biggest excuse I'm always having something important

• That's great... after sometimes if he ask again u can say u r seeing someone... as time pass things will get more normal... donot feel shame or guilty... you are doing for urself and not hurting anyone as no claim it yet... good luck

• The fact that you find it’s annoying already should answer your question.. Don’t let him force you into doing anything & let him know ey homie I ain’t your girl stop calling me that.. if that doesn’t work end the friendship because next thing he’s like one of those sick men in lifetime movies 😒 and we don’t want that..

1|0
    0|0
    • I tried it's just hard because I work with him so now I feel like it would be easier to just get another job

• What makes you think you need to be in a relationship with him? That’s ludicrous. If you argue, aren’t attracted and don’t even go on dates with him, why are you even asking this? We aren’t obligated to jump into relationships just because a guy says he wants one with you.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true and I don't know he makes me feel like I should be but something tells me not to even message back

• Yeah don’t. The more you interact with him, the more he thinks his advances are working. He needs to unde Stand, you just aren’t interested. If need be say “I dont want to be rude but I’m not going to be in a relationship with you, it’s time to stop thinking I am”

• If I were you I'd ask what his history with women is. It sounds like he could be a bit weird in relationships

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I never asked because I feel like the past is the past but he told me anyway he says that they cheated on him but I mean id have to know her side to the story because it's hard to believe that's all that happened with both girls you know

• If he describes past girls in similar ways then I'd assume the fault is with him (even if the fault is he's attracted to poor choices). Friends are usually a better source of info

• If you don't like him that way, don't go into a relationship with him. From the sounds of it, he has some issues.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well I didn't because something just told me not to he wanted to control me and we were even a relationship I could only imagine if we were in a relationship and how controlling he could be

• Ughh dating at the workplace. My preference would be no just because of that. Anyway, the way you talk about this co-worker... Makes me wonder why you're even asking.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me you can give him and yourself a chance for relationship... But... You must first make a kind of deal... Rules... To keep ur professional relation safe... Even things go bad after... You can stay friends and co-workers...

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're having this much trouble deciding if you should or not then guess what - you shouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • You did the right thing and it looks like you dodged a bullet by not dating him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Probably avoid this guy at all costs. There’s probably a real reason this person is divorced... 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Co-worker relationships never work and there is always problems dont ro it

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you guys have sex?

0|0
    1|0
    • He seem's like a staker to me...

• Show All
    • Oh ok, I don't think your goin to be happy with this person, he sounds demanding, if this is just the start imagined how would it be if you guys were married, it would be provably complete Domination, Try getting a guy friend bring lunch to you at work when he is there and see how he reacts 😁

• No I have best guy friends and he doesn't like them nor does he like my girl best friend because I'm always spending my free time with her

• You are too young. Chill.

0|0
    0|0
  • You did the right thing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes