18 and never had a boyfriend. Is something wrong?

18 and never had a boyfriend. Is something wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd have to know a lot more about you and your circumstance to give proper advice, but here's what I'm guessing:

You're likely shy, and potentially even unintentionally cold. You may have a tendency to overthink things, and to shut yourself off.
    Be confident, and allow yourself to connect with people. Sooner or later, someone will come your way.
    18 is super young. I wouldn't be worried.

Stay focused on the other aspects of your life, and find happiness on your own. A great guy will turn up somewhere along the road.

Be patient. :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. There is absolutely something wrong with these guys because you are gorgeous girl! Just sit back and relax for now, the guy for you will come around eventually, there’s no reason to stress out about it.

0|3
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 114

• I'm 19 and in the same place. For me it's simple, there aren't any good women near me, and I won't date someone who is incompatible.

Don't get me wrong there are attractive women near me but they are not after the same thing as I am and are extremely shallow.

Hence I will stay single until I find someone.

You're probably normal, just keep an eye out for compatible mates like I am doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Today's my birthday I'm 20 years old. Never had a girlfriend. I don't think anything is wrong other than maybe I should lose a few pounds but I'm not overly big lol. I see guys bigger than me with women though so I know size won't always matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. The most beautiful intelligent passionate woman I have ever met had her first boyfriend and even first kiss at 18. sometimes life just works out that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing's wrong, you just haven't happened across the right guy yet. It might depend on how you've chosen to lead your life too. Have you just never sought out a relationship or have you put yourself out there before and just never been sought after? It all depends

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume that is you in the profile picture. You look lovely, and yes, I know you used filters.. If you haven't a boyfriend by 18, what does that mean... Nothing.. You are just not as ready for one as you may think. You are giving off a vibe or act in such a way that prevents you from sending the right signals.. What are they? who knows, its all subconscious. Dont sweat it beautiful, it will happen. I promise

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing is wrong
    I guess you thinking much about it probably because of your environment maybe your friends
    But when time comes you will get yours
    Just don't be too picky
    Give chance for new friendship trying to approach you
    And see if he is someone good for you... cheers

0|0
    0|0
  • I am also 18 still don't have girl friend even I want to have a girl... Well u feel sometime that ur friends are crushing all around u and making new friends and u don't have anyone to share ur thoughts... but what we can do? The thing is u have realized that u want someone in ur life so it means it's all normal , nothing wrong 😃

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to worry 😉 Maybe you just haven’t met a guy you’re into. If you’re really looking into having one you can try just asking the guy personal, deep, heart-to-heart questions. That’s how a guy starts to think about whether you’re into him or not, and might want to have a try

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothings wrong you just haven't found anyone yet you make a move when you feel you are ready. And always remember if you dont be your self then he will be attracted to that persona notbthe real you there for making it a short term relationship so if he doesn't like you for you then he isn't the right one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all dear, its nothing wrong in it. Even you are giving time to your prince. Dont worry, he will come no matter how. But he will definitely come. And he just need you then, cares for you only, thinks bout you only...

So chill... Let you prince chase you for a while... Its simply ok to not have a boyfriend. ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • 23 and never had a girlfriend, there's nothing wrong with you, there shouldn't be a rush to get a bf/gf, as long as you get with the right person why does it matter when you do it?

1|1
    0|0
    • Just imagine you find your dreamgirl in the age of 90 just weeks before you're dead 🙈

• Well that would be unfortunate 😂

• Nothing wrong with that. Just wait till you find someone who's right for you. I never had a girlfriend till I was 19. Had a few hits and misses since then. But now in a committed relationship for 8 and a half years.

0|0
    0|0
  • You seem to be an attractive girl, there might actually be something wrong with you.

How many bodies are in the freezer? 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I had my girlfriend at the very end of my 18th. There's no reason to feel ashamed from it. Take your time and when you're rdy take your guy. You look cute, and shouldn't have a problem to find somebody

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 24. Just remember though, if you WANT to date, then spend time learning how to get someone's attention. Try to remember, guy's can be very bad at picking up subtle hints.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 20 and I never had a girlfriend because... I just chose to. I don't like interactions much and I'm just happy alone. Not sure if you're just happy single or people rejects you. You're gorgeous by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • No of course not, however once you do find a boyfriend or girlfriend prepare, there's a lot of learning to do. People who have dating in high school learn a lot from their messy relationships, prepare to learn quickly

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not unusual and it's important not to rush. However if you lack social skills when it comes to interacting with opposite sex I recommend you start talking with guys casually. It's hard to change your social behaviour when you get older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, it's not wrong. Everyone seems under pressure to find someone these days that they rush and end up hating their relationships. Just wait and find the right guy. (Or girl. Who knows, maybe you're attracted to girls and haven't realised.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that at all! Honestly, that just makes you better then most girls because you haven't been through hardships yet. I think it's best unless you have wanted a boyfriend and want able to get one.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• Enjoy been single and embrace it when you have your time to yourself trust me it can be fun, but I don't understand why you be overthinking but trust me there nothing wrong with you just once you stop longing for a boyfriend one will show up I promise you x

0|2
    1|0
  • I was 17 before I had my first. Ugh, enjoy freedom while it lasts! Sure, being in a relationship is nice, but breakups suck. And almost everyone goes through them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No you are totally fine. You don’t want to be like me, had boys on my mind all the time at your age. I had three “ boyfriends “ in high school and wish I never gave them the time of day now. Your man will show up soon

0|0
    0|0
  • please I’ve never had one and will never it’s not that bad... unless if your desperate. I’m in the same world as you don’t really worry like I do...
    just get past it 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m 21 one and still haven’t... honestly just be content with being single, and loving yourself first. If someone comes along, then I would be happy to date

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether you've had a boyfriend or not does NOT define your life in any way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 24 and still haven’t had one. It’s all about timing. I always believed the right person will come along when the timings right. I’m okay with that. Never settle for less than you deserve.

1|0
    0|0
  • is that fucking tessa brooks lmao and i ain't talking book

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not!!! Your right one just hasn't come yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn’t have my first boyfriend till I was turning 18 (:

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if you don't get one soon, you'll turn into a pumpkin 😱

0|1
    0|0
  • Girl you're 18, there's nothing wrong with you. A lot of people don't start dating until college

2|0
    0|0
  • It's just normal. Movies and media have negatively influenced young people; the idea they circulate is that the normal thing is to start dating as early as 13 or 14. And if someone is still virgin at 17, it's to be mocked. All this is not meant to be the right thing. The rate of pregnant underage girls in the UK is so scary.

But of course this phenomenon is found more in less conservative societies. There are societies where parents still exercise a lot of control over their kids.

So not dating yet at 18 is totally fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, thats very good because when you're already in a relationship you won't do stupid things

0|0
    0|0
  • Same lol nothing's wrong with you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Because I’m 19 and haven’t had one either.

2|1
    0|0
  • Ur picky lol

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes. u are not open

0|2
    4|1
  • Your not obsessed with men its a good thing lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, it's completely normal. Your time will come.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes