Is it possible to get out of friendzone?

My crush pretty much told me that I am too much for him and that he is not ready for a relationship. I still have hope that I can make him like me more than a friend. Is this wishful thinking? What should I do?

He means a lot to me. And we talk daily.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't ever go through life wanting someone that doesn't want you. Move on.

10|7
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Easier said than done.

• Show All
    • @BrittBratt2416 Of course. It's just easier said than done, as I said.

• @Anon-ymous1 @brittbratt2416 Nobody said it would be easy but if you have set STANDARDS for yourself than it should be inevitable.

Most Helpful Girl

• He gave you an answer so I wouldn't put your life or relationships on hold. I know it might hurt right now, but there's going to be someone for you who makes it worth the wait.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What if I feel he is worth the wait?

• He could be, but if he doesn't see himself with you then the best thing you can do is not push it. You never know, sometime down the road if he has the time and space to think about it he may have mutual feelings, but until then he's not tied down to you and you should be having fun and meeting people also!

• Thanks for the mho!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• "too much for him" and "not ready for a relationship" both sound to me like he's not attracted to you and doesn't want to say it outright. Or he's intimidated by something intense in your personality. Either way I think your best bet is to try not to make anything of it and maybe he'll change his mind

1|0
    0|0
  • Gonna be honest, he's already told you what he thinks. What's the point in trying to change his mind? It seems like it's made. Don't waste your time putting effort in for someone who's not even going to return the same. You deserve better than that. Wish you all the best.

2|1
    0|0
  • Cut down on the contact you make with him. Text less, do less, basically show what they have to miss. And while you're at it try to move on. Talk to someone else, maybe try to find their characteristics that you like in someone else. And if they missed their chance, then its their fault, not yours. Youve already put yourself out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is very possi9ble. Put some distance between you and your crush, Don't be so quick to hang out. Don't hurry to answer their calls or texts.
    And don't accept all his invitations, Meet, flirt and date with other guys.
    Preferably in front of him. If he has any interest in you, he'll come chasing you. If this happens, tell him you'll date him ONLY and I do
    mean ONLY if he reciprocates your feelings. If not it's his loss.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's possible.. Through some distancin yoself.. You see people gravitate toward things they can't have or that other people want.. Or if you started to look more different than he was used to.. As in better than what he is used to.. But like others have said.. Waitin around hopin he'll like you is not the best choice..

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible
    Being ready will always be his decision
    But being too much can be solve by making him too much for you too
    Make sure he realised that
    And try to give him some break
    Stay some distance away but not too far
    When he realise what he is about to lose
    He might come for you
    He talk to you all time he want
    Makes him feel he already have you at the same time don't want to go further
    But man always realise when they are about to lose something
    So my dear... make him feel that

1|0
    0|0
  • Only way out to to straight up ask him out and if he wants to date your or more. Thats all i can say, if you want out of the FriendsZone then make a move on him girl.

0|1
    0|0
    • I did and he turned me down. He said he is not ready for a relationship. But I was hoping I can change that in te future.

• The only way to change it is up to you thats all i think any of us can say YOU have to be the one to keep him thinking bout you Only YOU can change it by not giving up and reminding him your there for him. Good luck girl i know friendszone sucks been stuck there since high school if you think your gonna find an answear on here then good luck with that to but really all these opinions ain't gonna do much but make you think to much and thinking to much is not good, stop using your head and use your heart.

• Yes its possible, but sometimes there's nothing you can do and if that's the case search for someone else. If he comes around yay if not life goes on, you just gotta keep moving forward until the right thing comes to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's never a good idea to try and make a guy like you so many things can go wrong with that if he's telling he's not ready trust his word he's telling you that for a reason. Your best move is to Either continue to be his friend and wait on him or move on and when he's ready if you are available then you guys can try again

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is saying no when you wanna do something, you're either a crazy or your not his type. And if that's not the reason why he doesn't wanna date it's probably because of another girl or what he said.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys can with the right mindsets but girls would usually need a new image to change the way a guy thinks of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible but a risky thing to do. If you know from your heart that you are right for him then keep doing what you r doing but deware of indulging yourself to much with any sort signals from his side

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there tried to get out for me it's never worked. Yes I'd like to think I can but unless they see past this view of me being just a friend then sorry to say I wouldn't bother with them. Find someone who likes you and not just the idea of you

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so... I proposed a girl but she refused saying that is and will always be my friend... nothing more. In many cases you loose your friend as well

0|1
    0|0
  • He had given his thoughts, so don't hang around or you could keep waiting forever. Be friends but suggest to move on

1|0
    0|0
  • He's not ready to go in a relationship because maybe he's very busy with his life or he's just not ready mentally, besides you talk to him daily that means he trusts you and that's a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could start just flirting him and got some passion between you and then he will fall in love with you. He doesn't want a compromise, so don't start in that way

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes love, he's just not ready for a relationship. I know this one chick was like that with me but she was cool but super overbearing so I wasn't interested 🤷🏾‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not happening but I would treat you like a princess but if he told you that he's not even interested in your pussy so he must be gay or really really not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't try if I'm friendzoned I keep a lady as a friend if she's interested and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• He told you straight up. Best thing you can do is live a happy life. If he changes his mind, he know how to find you, if you're still available.

3|0
    0|0
  • Don’t chase a guy who doesn’t want to be chased I learned the hard way

1|3
    0|0
  • No move on, he said he's not ready for a relationship. Find someone who is ready, you're not on the path.

1|0
    0|0
  • He said no. If he really means a lot to you then you'll respect his wishes and accept his response.

2|0
    0|0
  • Too much for him in what way? Regardless, listen to him and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • The friend zone only exists when you put yourself there

0|2
    0|0
  • It's possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it is