Is it socially acceptable yet to give an attractive stranger your number on like a piece of paper?

I don’t mean some random person as such but kinda sick of receiving stares and smiles from guys i will maybe not see again but them never approaching me because i apparently have a resting bitch face and look intimidating, and when i do smile according to friends and a guy i used to date it seems fake and forced as though i’m not actually interested and just doing it bc the person is staring. but to casually find a way to approach someone attractive who has been making a lot of eye contact or staring and smiling asking them the time or where a certain place is, tell them i thought it would be cool if they had this and handed them my number on paper. Why is that so socially unacceptable and strange?

02