How long does it take for you to move on to another relationship?

If you were with a guy for 6 months +, how long does it take for you to move on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ugh... this is a had one. I was with someone for a year and half and proposed to at a year. She became my fiancée. Then she broke off the engagement after 6 months and simply ghosted me. It’s now been 5 months and I’m just starting to feel like my self again. I’d say for me and in this situation it’s taking between 4 to 6 months. I’m currently at a point that I at least don’t think about her daily any more and starting to feel like I could date again. I’m not quite ready but I think in another month I’ll be ready to get back out there.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on quality of relationship. I had a five year relationship that ended due to abuse, and moved on from that in 6 months. By the same token, I once had a three week relationship that took me at least 6 months to get over because it was so good.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 46

• Takes me an average of about 2+ years. I spend the time improving myself in the areas where I believe I fell short as a life partner/teammate and honestly just forgetting how tremendously awful it feels to end a relationship, before I'm comfortable exposing my vulnerabilities to another human, most will chew that shit up and spit it back in your face with no hard feelings so ya gotta be selective of who gets the privilege to see that side of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation. Could be anywhere between 3 days, or 3 weeks. Getting over a relationship is just a question about overcoming loss, like death of a loved one, or loss of money and property. It is relative to the situation and the individual. Some people may adopt strategies that help them heal and move on faster than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like this is aimed more at women, but i'll throw in my 2 cents. First, id say it depends on how it ended. 6 months isn't too long, but if it was serious and ended poorly it can affect how long it might take you to be able to build up the trust to be with someone else. If you ended it because the relationship wasn't up to your standards, you're free to put yourself out there as soon as you feel like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends, but I'd say a maximum of two months?

I was in a relationship for 10+ years, supercommitted, but we lost the spark and spent 2 years as friends while still calling it a relationship. Was ready to move on as soon as we decided to instead just be single and friends, same for her.

What I'm trying to say is that it's all relative, and very personal. You can't quantify it, but if you feel ready... you're ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 year here and complication umm it doesn't you wake up amd you feel less shity and the next day it feels a little better and so on amd so forth until you finally get over it and are ready to move forward heal don't do stuoid desistions that your gonna reget 2 months later

0|0
    0|0
  • 3.5 seconds. Ha nah it took me 1,5 months to get over my last relationship which has last for 3 month. So I would say it's basically [time we have been together in months] / 2 = [Time it needs to get over her]. But I'm not completely sure about this.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're a guy, upwards of a year. If you're a girl, most likely that same day/night you dumped him bc you more than likely were already talking to somebody and had another dude lined up

0|1
    1|0
  • Girls are different to boys here. Guys are aware the best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else. Not cry under a duvet with Kleenex and chocolate. To answer your question, 5 - 10 minutes.

0|0
    1|0
  • Each girl I've ever been with still holds some piece of my heart, some small some large. Some people never truly get over anyone, they just choose to forget.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone is different , my mom used to say take a month for every six months together. My brother says the best way to get over someone is to get on to some one else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well. I was with my EX for 7 months and it took me at least half a year to get over her. Yes i know that sounds long but it depends how your relationship was

0|0
    0|0
  • In my eyes it's always been about accepting and respecting her decision, if she breaks up its for a good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • 31 years ! Women just love to cheat. Everytime i get excuses from he's my ex to i thought he really liked me.
    I love women !

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it depends on the relationship. Could be from 3-4 weeks ranging to almost 1 year (big breakup)

0|0
    0|0
  • Took me 2 years a bit over a year to get over the pain of loss and half a year to find a new partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends.. Sometimes within a week it will workout. But wouldn't stay for long
    Sometimes it takes 3 to 6 months with strong binding.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm done for what ever was the reason for the break up. I would try as soon as possible. Moving forward distracts you from the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really depends on the girl. I was with my last ex for a year & 3 months. We broke up 5 months ago, & I still love her like we were still together.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on the girl & what the situation would be, like it may take a week or 2 months I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • it would depend on the events of those 6 months and why it ended but usually no longer than a week

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• It doesn't matter how long it takes someone because we are all different and every circumstance will dictate a different time frame for each individual. No two people will have same time frame for the same situation and no individual will take the same amount of time getting over each Relationship!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • @chocolatelattes4 if I should say it was less than a month and I was looking to date. We were together for 9-1/2 years, but the relationship fizzled long prior to our actual break up, so by the time we were done, I was done.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my last experience it took me about 5 to 7 months to completely move on abd get into another relationship where I had true feelings for the person

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it was impossible to think about another relationship for at least 6 months. Now I got no problem with being in another relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • 9 months for me with my last I broke up with. Instant with previous relationships which I also broke off

0|0
    0|0
  • 5+ months. still mourning an ex from almost exactly a year now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Moving on can't take a long time sometimes... it depends tho the earlier you get someone better the earlier you move on

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the reason why we broke up. if he cheated, I will move on instantly.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you didn't like him that much than a week or so but if you did love him then never.

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes me years!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • A month maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • I find another one after 2 days

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 months