Women do you mind your boyfriend making less money than you?

Women do you mind your boyfriend making less money than you?
OR
would you feel insecure about it around your friends?

Men, how do you feel about women making more money than you in a relationship?
  • Yes, think men should make more to support their wifes.
    Vote A
  • I think it matters to most people, but not me.
    Vote B
  • No, I don't think it matters.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I recently separated from my wife and I'm trying to get into dating for the first time (we met by chance) and I'm seeing all the candidates my age with Bachelor degrees and in marketing or nursing or management and I'm fairly certain they're all better off than I am. I get 'money isn't everything' but its a lot, and it makes me intimidated to even try asking them out to begin with :/

That being said, of I do manage to find a woman who is willing to have me, then no I'd have no issue with her making more

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh no brother you got it wrong money is everything

• Yeah, I pretty much fully agreed in my answer. People have that saying and they can pretend that's how it is, but it's pretty much a false saying

• " I get 'money isn't everything' but its a lot" I'm saying it is EVERYTHING.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it matters. I think people should always choose a job they like more over a job that pays more.

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm not a man, but until recently I've always been the one who has earned (slightly) more in my relationships. I'm not very extravagant so in the past I've always shared things more or less equally and we've done things we've both been able to afford (I've always saved a lot so any excess I had went into my own savings).

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not the women that feel insecure, but men that tend to. It's very rare to find a man whose ego is not threatened by a woman earning more than him.

0|1
    0|0
    • Except that's not what we actually find in the data. Women's preferences regarding income trend upward exponentially with her own income. That is to say, lower class women tend not to worry as much about being the primary bread winner -- whatever gets the bills paid. But beyond about 50-60k a year women's demands on their partner turn upward such that the more she earns, a guy has to earn *an even greater* amount to meet expectation.

• Show All
    • Lol read it and weap☝

• I could say the same for you. There’s psychologists and data that don’t support your position. I’m just looking at the data. “Psychologist who wrote an article on a gender topic” describe some of the most retarded people these days. So yes I’m doubting their assertions, which shouldn’t be a problem, if their argument actually holds water then the data will support them. When it comes to social science I find there’s a need to stress logos — as ethos is pretty lacking.

“Being a bread winner is a social pressure on men”
      I know you think that and I’m suggesting it plays a much smaller role than you think for men — or possibly a larger role for women. You can’t just blurt out that society thinks men should be bread winners without having reasoning to that point, otherwise it just sounds like a close minded narrative being fed to you.

Also social pressures aren’t immediately bad. The problem is when they are unjustified or unrealistic.

• ugggh omg I hate money stuff, its so annoying! I think it would be more of a problem for the guy really, cause I think they might feel kinda awkward about it, but personally I owuldnt care

0|0
    0|0
  • Theoretically I wouldn't but from my calculations the amount I make now is the base minimum for tje bank to give me a loan if I want to buy a place in the future. So as long as he matches what I make I'm good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's better if she makes more money for a while in the relationship to see if she will turn into a bitch like in that show George Lopez if you ever saw that portrayal.

0|0
    1|0
  • would like to drop my 2 cents in here: i would say i definitely don't mind partners making more money than i do, or the other way around.

0|0
    0|0
  • i plan on having a rather high paying job (neurology) and that kind of cuts out a lot of options outside of medicine if he's gonna make more than me so i dont really care

0|0
    0|0
  • The amount they make doesn't matter the fact that they are trying is what matters

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm in a financially good position, so I wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too often,
    "Bad temper, insolence, and dispute hold sway
    When the wife supports the husband".
    What a statement about humanity, and nothing in its favour.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't let salary or money define my personal relationship with any woman.

I don't know about anybody else but that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter in the least. As long as we both have steady jobs we're happy with.

0|0
    0|2
  • Nah, it doesn’t matter as long as he has enough money to buy his own food, clothes etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • The choices you gave are very misleading you shouldn't have added the "to support their wives" part. Money matters in dating and plays a huge part.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer if he earn more especially since I earn so little.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just doesn't matter, because all this, is just a matter of ego.

0|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • You're still young soon you'll see. The system is against us

• I see. Time shall tell I guess.

• Doesn’t matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • If you truly love them then it shouldn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guy I like now made less money than me it wouldn’t matter one bit, so long as he’s happy and is able to take care of things that’s what counts. I want a team player for a potential future, not a sugar daddy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money shouldn't define who is stronger or more powerful in the relationship. It should be equal amount of power

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't ask women this question and expect to get an honest, accurate answer. Instead, observe their behavior and you will get your answer.

ifstudies.org/.../better-educated-women-still-prefer-higher-earning-husbands

0|3
    1|0

Recommended myTakes