Why do some couples keep denying that they like each other and just stay friends?

• Because they like each other but can’t be bothered dating
    Vote A
  • They are just immature and don’t want to admit feelings for each other
    Vote B
  • They both agreed that they don’t want to ruin the friendship
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this friend, and we flirt back and forth, constantly chat and all. He hasn't asked me to go out with him or anything. I don't know why, but I know that if he wanted to get with me I would not agree, because I know he would not understand my views and my decisions. Just saving the trouble of not being understood and then breaking up because he doesn't understand me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's me with my best friend (a girl) we just don't want to possibly hurt what we have

0|0
    0|0
    • Can it last though do you think?

• Show All
    • Ask her.

• Ask her what? Why she liked me?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sometimes with someone you care about that deeply, you wouldn't consider being with them unless you were ready to treat them as your last (because that's what they deserve) but you also know that you are not ready to make that sort of commitment. Staying friends allows both parties to experiment until a time (if it happens) they are both ready to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never understood why some couples want nothing to do with each other once they split. If you have been married or really serious about someone, doesn't that count for something? Some people, especially women are really good at killing friendships. What so is hard about remaining friends anyway?

Sorry if I strayed off topic.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend and I just had this conversation. Sometimes the friendship is more important and the cons outweigh the pros, even if you think it might be a good idea.

Also, sometimes one person cares more than the other and that can be a serious issue down the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes "C."
    But also, Many times One or the Other doesn't want a Real Relationship at the Moment. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • They are stubborn and scared because they claim they aren't good at relationships lol. Eventually they end up together but its funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly because they're just too afraid to admit or they're just not ready for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • They could both be afraid of ruining the thing they have remaining between them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe theyre just scared to be in a relationship...
    And things get complicated...

0|0
    0|0
  • Because one of them/or both of them want to have sex elsewhere at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • friendship might be more important to them than becoming a couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren't a couple if they're just friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they don't want to ruin their friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • They are scared

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be any of these things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Third answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly b and c but deff. All of them

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it because they are scared of telling each other clearly that they like each other as more than friends?

• Yes, and unsure of how the other one really feels

Recommended myTakes