I asked a girl out and her response was maybe? Does that mean No?

I asked a girl out on a date, she froze, went red and said Maybe. She the said I’ve never tried that drink and started laughing. I told her to let me know.

Does that mean No?

1635

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe usually means "you have been given a chance to impress me" or "I am too passive to say no" either way, unless she actively tries to get to know you (eye contact, change in body posture, questions about you) consider yourself powerfuless.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think “maybe” was an option for her because she felt it could be an option with you. Even if she is passive and non-confrontational, and doesn’t want to “give you the wrong impression” or “feels guilty she may of led you to believe she was more than a friend” or “waiting to see more assertiveness from you about how you feel about her, that she requires to turn her on” (all of which could be true or one of those). She wouldn’t of said “maybe” if she felt she had something to lose. When people operate in the “gray area” and play it safe, in the ambiguous zone, because they are afraid of getting hurt by revealing how they really feel, this is what happens...
    You get tossed back the same neutral-type of response, and why they do it, is because they are longing for something more substantive, people want to be told why they are special and for someone to really show how they feel about them