I asked a girl out and her response was maybe? Does that mean No?

I asked a girl out on a date, she froze, went red and said Maybe. She the said I’ve never tried that drink and started laughing. I told her to let me know.

Does that mean No?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe usually means "you have been given a chance to impress me" or "I am too passive to say no" either way, unless she actively tries to get to know you (eye contact, change in body posture, questions about you) consider yourself powerfuless.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think “maybe” was an option for her because she felt it could be an option with you. Even if she is passive and non-confrontational, and doesn’t want to “give you the wrong impression” or “feels guilty she may of led you to believe she was more than a friend” or “waiting to see more assertiveness from you about how you feel about her, that she requires to turn her on” (all of which could be true or one of those). She wouldn’t of said “maybe” if she felt she had something to lose. When people operate in the “gray area” and play it safe, in the ambiguous zone, because they are afraid of getting hurt by revealing how they really feel, this is what happens...
    You get tossed back the same neutral-type of response, and why they do it, is because they are longing for something more substantive, people want to be told why they are special and for someone to really show how they feel about them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• She probably didn’t expect your question and was shy to hear it. If she doesn’t go on that date with you, that’s a no. This is a... maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think a girl who isn't interested would just say maybe. She tried to contain her thoughts. She's most likely into you

0|1
    0|0
  • You said it all. Her face turned red, and she never had that drink before. Maybe she has had a crush on you and when u asked her, she went into shock. Body language can tell u a lot.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve been dropping this girl home from work for some time now. Last Friday we were having a conversation and she started stroking my arm.

• Shock it was. Women are shy and afraid of rejection too. They a lot of the time won't come right out and tell you have they feel. They test things before they make a huge move. Look for the little things and you will see it all.

• What do I do now?

• How old is she? It's not an age thing, is it? Sounds like she'll consider your offer though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking, it means no, unless she's really shy or indecisive.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know why she would say I’ve never tried that drink before and smile.

• I have no idea because I have no idea what that is even referring to.

• Was it your first date? Did you guys know each other before this date?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea she works with me

• Then I say she's still considering it. For a first date it was a bit quick to ask. I wouldn't say it's a no quite yet

• Yeah i don't know what she's talking about either but she's playing a game it seems

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm a girl and it means she will think about it so just give her some time

1|0
    0|0
  • She is considering it , but for sure it’s more on the no side

0|0
    0|0
  • It means it depends on what you do around her next but she's leaning towards no

0|0
    0|0
  • Either too scared to say no or too shy to say yes, don't bug her about it though

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it means no in a polite manner.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont give up!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 34

• Fuk... How old is she?
    She went and changed the subject :-|
    I think it's a blow off... Which in that case you have nothing to loose... Let your balls drop and ask her out again if you like her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does. If a woman is entirely interested she won't hesitate and she will agree. Some women enjoy playing games with men and vice versa. It seems like she wants to have you on the hook if something else doesn't come her way. I say forget about her invest time in a woman who'll not joke you around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well she wasn't expecting it and was shocked. Give her time. If she doesn't get back to you with an answer, it's a no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how old she is. If she's under 21 maybe means "IDK what to do must get all my friends opinions on this" 21to late 30s maybe is maybe if you buy a few more of those drinks and what else are you offering. And the for those older ladies maybe means i need to look you up 1st what's your face book where do you work what do you drive

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda did this freeze up thing to a girl and it was because i didn't really like her but i still wanted to consider it. This either means she doesn't really have feelings for you or she is just really shy

0|0
    0|0
  • No that does not mean NO , i think so she wants you to pursue her more, girls enjoy pursuance.. my advice is that you should totally ignore her for the moment, stop any sort of conversation with her for a few days and she will fall for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably was caught by surprise, or she was uncomfortable at the moment, anyway you should have held your frame and gotten a defenitive answer dude, in a gentle, playful way

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly bro. Most people act like they know the answer to everything. If you want, you can ask her what a maybe means to her. Don't ask anything else after that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it means no. Girls very rarely reject you in person cause in their mind it may cause a potential confrontation as some guys lose their shit and take rejection badly. So they prefer to be vague. Other good girl answers are: "I'll let you know later" or "I'm busy this week, let's see how things are next week instead..." Then they never get back to you and act distant.

Her saying "I've never tried that drink before" and laughing was her awkwardly changing the conversation so you wouldn't push her for a straight answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is likely, or she's just never been asked out or been with a guy before so she has no idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • She could be going to think about it and get back to you but it's probably no

0|0
    0|0
  • She's thinking about it, she's probably not sure and just needs some time to think

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you caught her way off guard lol she blushed, and that's a good sign

0|0
    0|0
  • She's playing games. Remove her from your life immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • It probably doesn't mean no, but don't push her. The ball is in her court.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate when women pull that shit. It's a no dude.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes when woman says maybe it means no.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's probably a no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes just move on she can't give a straight answer

0|1
    0|0
  • That's an official no

0|1
    0|0
  • You let she think because you doubted yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means: maybe.
    Give her some time.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means maybe, be patient.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it means let me think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly, in my case it was a no

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her again!

0|0
    0|0
  • It don't really mean but it can be no

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like she has a crush on you.