Only seem to be capable of sexual attraction?

I realized recently I have problems linking emotional attraction to sexual attraction. What I mean is I'm certain I could love a friend or a guy but I couldn't also be sexually attracted to them, However, I very easily for sexual attraction to guys I just see and haven't really met. But it never dwells deeper than that, if I try to be friends with the guy I lose the sexual attraction when I being to "love" them emotionally.

Often my friends convince me to confess to one of these guys but I feel that it isn't as deep as they make it out to be, I kinda just want to have sex with them. When I am almost always rejected that kinda ends it and I don't get that upset, the feeling just ends but some of my friends are really attached to their "crushes" and get gutted if they reject them. I don't get it.

I understand that sounds kinda barbaric and I don't really know what to do, I don't feel like I could commit to a relationship anyway at this point but a flirty friend with benefits I could handle. I'm a bit muddle atm so I'm not sure if I'm coming across right. Thoughts?

Also if friends with benefits does seem to be the best option for me, how on earth do you set that up?

11