Was I wrong for ghosting this guy?

Yesterday I had a date with a guy I met online. I had never seen the guy again in real life (only in pics- he looked handsome there, very toned but kind of average face).

However, when I arrived at the places we were supposed to meet, I really was surprised.. I didn't expect him to be so handsome (he wasn't very tall but was so muscular and slim, also he had a nice face, definitely one of the most good looking guys you see out there)

Then I remembered him saying that he has very high standards when we were chatting and that most girls look like their pics and had a panic attack. I start sweating, felt a plain on the chest and couldn't breath. I've been told by some people that I'm pretty/kinda cute but my face is not that beautiful, my body is skinny fat and I'm also not tall.

Certainly the guy would reject me.. Fortunately he didn't see me I was there so I vanished into think air with out texting back and unmatched him

Do you think I was wrong? Would you ever date a way more attractive person than you? Isn't this intimidating and painful?

* correction: he said that most girls never look like their pics
To all the people say he might not care so more about personality than looks: he wouldn't have been in this app on the first places or say he has high standards or have pics of himself (car etc.) displaying his lifestyle in his profile right?

3496

Most Helpful Guys

• No not really, you are just seeing if he's dodgy or not really

• I figure ghosting, is just part of the deal, if two people meet on an app, or whatever... easy come, easy go... I used to be furious about the idea of being ghosted, but the more I thought about it, “why do I need that person to tell me what I already know? Why?”
    I think if you met in a meaningful way, that was in person, and things developed, involving other things, that require unraveling, maturity, then “ghosting” is just bad manners. However, Tinder? No, nobody should care regardless of how great the sex was

Most Helpful Girls

• You were right to do what you did go get someone better than a douche who would say that

• You should at least give him a chance... If you look like your pics you don't have to worry about anything... He already seen you there... Ghosting someone is not the option...
    If try the worst thing happened with you is that you guys just had the one date and didn't talk to each other... But you had the story for life to tell people you went on a date with hottest guy... :)