Why are some guys literally scared of girls?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not " scared of girls " , it's scared of potential legal & social consequences. Also a lot of women can be extremely nasty and get off on being as horrible to any approaching males as possible , saw this many a time as a doorman You have posted a #MeToo type question... enough said !!

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• I wouldn't say I'm scared of girls themselves. I've certainly never felt physically threatened by a woman. I think it's more of a fear of exposure.

If you don't like yourself, if you have aspects of yourself you're embarrassed about or ashamed of, you tend to hide it from the world, or maybe even hide yourself from the world. You want to keep people at arms length. You exchange pleasantries and talk banalities but you never let them in too close because if you do you give away details about yourself you don't want them to know and destroy the facade you've carefully built which is terrifying.

Obviously that makes any type of close friendship, romantic or sexual relationship difficult or impossible. If you can't open yourself up and be vulnerable there is nothing to bond with.

Exposure is even scarier if it's to someone whose approval you want and need. Especially if you're talking to a woman you fancy. A woman has power over a man who is attracted to her. She has what he wants, he has nothing to offer (or so he thinks). There's an imbalance there. If a woman is unscrupulous she could exploit it to her benefit. This is what guys mean when they say they're "intimidated".

I don't know if that makes any sense. It's very hard to put it into words. Ultimately it's more about the guy than about you. You engage the guy and he comes face to face with everything he hates about himself and wants to conceal. What can you do? You're just existing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a lot of guys believe in the rule 'if one girl knows something about you, every girl around her knows too'.. this means if a guy makes a fool of himself (by having a bad pick up line for example) on one girl, he's thinking 'she'll tell everyone else what a joke I am and I'll stay single forever.. or worse.. everyone will make fun of me.'

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to, until I was about 12. Then I realized that girls liked me too and I've been fine since. I think I was scared because I thought they didn't like guys

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, something clicks around that age and they start being interested. They say girls mature sooner, but really the guys are interested years in advance and it's lonely for us. Until their hormones kick in, the girls treat you like your sexual interest is repulsive. (I've been slow to unlearn this. I expect women to merely tolerate my excitement over them, not be attracted to me. I just have to have faith that evolution took care of that, since women don't tend to be overt about their sexual interest. It seems that if you mention sex in the first date or sooner, there won't be a second.)

• Lack of confidence. Bad experiences in their life. How some women come across in media and in society.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz women are like tornadoes, one minute everything is all calm and still then next thing u know ur house and money are all missing 😂😂😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls are not scary. What they make a man do is terrifying. What they have done to men is even worse. But what they can do is worth the risk.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we are talking about genuine fear there is a phobia for being afraid of girls and if we are talking nervousness and what not that's because girls are intimidating af.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm terrified of making a fool of myself (stuttering, popping a massive boner, etc).

1|0
    0|0
  • because they are blow me up everytime when they see me ;(((((

1|0
    0|0
  • They are shy, have low self esteem, and fear rejection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only some girls
    And only some guys
    I personally am a bit awkward sometimes
    Not sure why 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because women are from Venus and we are from mars

0|0
    0|0
  • probably cuz they been used or they had bad parents

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of the bad apples of the whole bunch unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • Because girls are mean to men a lot of the time

0|2
    0|0
    • Never seen it.

• You'd have to guy to really notice it I suppose

• No offense bob, but I think it's more of a matter of being an outside, third party perspective of all three genders (4?, 5?, 6?). Well, regardless of how many genders there are today, that's irrelevant. People aren't really able to observe themselves as viewed by witnesses and/or participants to their social interactions. If you come off as a sleeze or pompous ass, you're probably going to experience justified rudeness. I'm with witty on this one. I haven't really seen it either.

• Good self preservation instincts? LOL

1|1
    0|0
  • Because your puns were too punny

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are mean.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well im not scared of women just can't trust them.

0|0
    0|0
  • because of their Mood swings

0|0
    0|0
  • Periods :3

0|0
    0|0
  • A traumatic experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Commitment issues maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're bigger than the guy it makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t pm you ☹️

0|0
    0|0
  • Fear of rejection.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have a code milf guys I repeat code milf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who are they? :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Smarter then them.

0|0
    0|0
  • By scared, do you mean intimidated?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yup, afraid to approach or communicate with.

• Show All
    • @Defboy69 I was looking at in the perspective that the motivation is gone... the survival instinct isn’t there and hence guys are less likely to try... the risk of not approaching a girl doesn’t outweigh the fear when approaching a girl

• OH! Okay! That makes sense.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• cuz they suffer from girlaphobia

0|1
    0|0
  • Cuz girls are scary.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes