What's the point in getting into relationships if guys can't be friends with girls first?

That's how I'd like for my relationship to blossom. What's the problem with that? All these guys are not patient what's so ever

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• One problem is that you become invested in the person as a friend rather than as a potential mate. Love relationships are inherently risky, and after a few years of being 'just friends,' neither person wants to risk their invested friendship by risking taking it further. So even if feelings develop, they can go for years without taking the next step. When it's strictly on a relationship basis, it makes it much more simple. If you like each other, great. If not, part ways and move on. No messy friendship residue to have to put up with.

From personal experience, every girl who wants to be friends first with a guy simply isn't ready for a relationship. She's either too immature or too insecure to say, 'Hey, I like you, and I'm willing to say it straight.' I don't waste my time with girls who are indecisive.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't call it being "friends" .. because when you say it like this guys can just take it like "just friends"
    But I totally understand you. Some guys just wanna go straight to it before actually getting to know each other. I don't understand why they do this either (some and not all guys) but my guess is that they either want the relationship for sex. If they don't care about your personality... or they just want it for the sake of being in a relationship- and not because they like you in particular. Meaning they will go out with any random good looking (to their taste) girl who would agree to be in a relationship.

I personally wouldn't agree to a relationship before getting to know each other and even if a guy shows me impatience I'm only gonna take it as a red flag.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Some guys just aren't interested in friendships, they either approached you, or ended up being interested in YOU another way - whatever that may be, with the end goal of a relationship, not a friendship.
    Guys are afraid a "friendship" will lead to the friend zone.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was never "friends" with any of my gfs. When me and my wife got together and started "hanging out" with friends she knew I liked her (coworkers told her I liked her too) so she knew she was getting a "true friend" relationship. We was hanging out for the sole purpose of me getting closer to her and her to me and flirty with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • that never works... horrible idea

Friends is a completely different dynamic than significant others. Becoming friends sets the wrong tone for the relationship. Every heard the term "friendzone"... people forever trying to get out of it. That's because they thought it would be a good way to start a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause they want to know if it's going that direction and not waste time if it isn't. The thought being why put forth the effort just to get friendzoned

1|0
    0|0
  • They are patient but most guys do t want to be your friend first because they don't want to be in friend zone. They want to date you. Typically most guys will date you then be friends over time. Guys don't think in their minds if I be a really good friend maybe she will go out with me, no guys want to set the mood that I'm here to date you. Unless he starts out already in another relationship and really just wants to be your friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boyfriends are not girlfriends. They're just not the same. You have a lot to learn about man-woman relationship dynamics, and you're already judging, creating expectations. This will lead to disappointments. Guaranteed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried that once and now I'm still dealing with the heartache. Most girls aren't like that either, so guys can't always afford to be

0|0
    0|0
  • guys can be friends with girls first
    your generalising it too much

1|0
    0|0
  • People aren't going to wait around until you find them worthy. Many guys who just stay friends end up getting used or hurt anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long?
    bad thing about what you call "friends" the better your relationship as a friend the harder it can grow into love.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u tell a guy that u might aswell just be telling them u are friendzoned as that's what they hear

0|0
    0|0
    • My thing is who says friend zoning is forever?

• Even if that's what u want u got to find a better way of doing it

• That's what the friend zone is a place u keep a person as u don't find them attractive or want a relationship with u really think anyone will believe they won't stay in there that's a drwam

• They are afraid of being friendzoned. Which is a real thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women use their male friends. They're called beta orbiters.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think guys have a fear of getting friendzoned😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys should be able to be friends too

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Hahaha you are doing things wrong girl. You dont meet new guys wanting to be friends first. As a sex chaser he will run. The case you mentioned happens only if a girl has a friend with no interest at her besides hanging out but with time comes attraction.

1|0
    0|0
    • But usually guys will rush to have sex with me and I don't want to give them the wrong idea... basically means don't have sex with them but it's like can't we get to know each other first?

• Don't take crap from guys who are just looking to get in ur pants. I do agree I talk to em and stand my ground, my values, I'm not a whore to have lol if they can't respect it? NEXT! :P

1|0
    0|0
  • All of my relationships so far resulted out of friendships. But we didn't met with the purpose to find a partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people who are looking for relationships aren't looking for friendships. Friendships often end in: friend zone.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes