Why does my family always ask if I’m seeing anyone yet?

like I’m 26 focused on school and work
Updates:
Thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because they want to see you happy and want grandkids. But I think it has more to do with the face that back in the day before you were even a thought, people were dating and getting married at 18-19 years old. So in their eyes... you should have been there already.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What if I don’t want to date what if I want to just stay single and advance myself

• Show All
    • It’s because those people can’t imagine themselves ever being single and feel that others should be on the same page. Let them look down on you if they like. If you’re satisfied getting by in life the way you have been then do that. Do worry about what others think.

• Yeah I actually rejected a girl who was flirting with me heavy when I was picking up my textbooks for the semester she even asked what I was doing this weekend and I ignored her

Most Helpful Guy

• Your doing the right thing, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I tell anyone, especially the younger crowd straight outta high school to stay single and focus on their goals and plans for their life. When the time is right the right person will come along. First get yourself together with a good paying job, a place of your own to live and money in the bank and then worry about a potential partner. All the people I know that just wanted to have fun and fool around haven’t really done a whole lot with their lives. They should have invested in themselves the way you and I have.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah I currently have my own place I’m a supervisor at my job and I’m in school taking my prerequisites towards a nursing program

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• They want u to rush into getting dating and getting married etc

0|1
    0|0
  • Because thats family. A bunch of weird nosy people you have to stand because of DNA

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I was laying in the hospital with a severe infection in my leg and my brother came in and was like do you have a girlfriend yet or are you seeing a girl and It got super awkward because I already don’t feel comfortable talking about that stuff and it’s magnified in a hospital because there really isn’t much privacy when your room is a few feet from the nurses station

• Show All
    • Try telling that to your old auntie

• Was this was my brother who was asking

• Bcz they care about u and want u settle down asap and also want grand kids I suppose

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you're 26 and they want grandkids.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well isn’t dating optional

• Show All
    • Ok but what if I want to remain single women don’t currently have a place in my life I have my own place, I’m a supervisor that’s highly successful and I’m taking classes towards my nursing program

• Dude, stop crying. She answered you already now go

• My parents want me to be single forever hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • They want grandkids

0|1
    0|0
  • They care about you

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok but I have never really wanted to date

• And dating isn’t for everyone

• They just want to make sure if you can still see

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Your family will feel validated and more secure about you when they know you are in a valid relationship.
    It implies emotional maturity, a successful conclusion to their child rearing of you, and statistically men do better and are more balanced in a relationship. And babies.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're your family. They probably want grandchildren like most loving parents. You're 26 and still single or rather you haven't mentioned seeing anyone so I'm sure they're just curious.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok but I have other priorities

• Show All
    • If I never reach my goals I will never get a girlfriend and I will never start a family

• I don't see anything wrong with that. Some people feel like they need someone in their lives, and others don't. You do what makes you happy.

• It's their generation, a lot of people from their generation, assuming they are in their late 50s to late 60s, got married rather early by today's standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they just care about your wellbeing and they think if you're not in a relationship you might be missing out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah because they think you are gonna end up alone forever because you are either ugly or not very charming.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if I just have other priorities

• I mean you do you man. But I'm just saying why your fam asks

• Cause they got nothing better to do then poke there noses in your life just cause there bored with there life. Been there done tgat with my bitch of a grandma

0|0
    0|0
  • Family are nosy and they want you to make babies that they get to play with but don't have to take care of.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because 1-2 generations ago, they often were already settling down with someone by the time they hit their 20s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore them. Do what you know is the right thing to do at this stage of your life

0|0
    0|0
  • They want babies hahaha

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol like I’m capable of that

• Because is natural to worry about your family

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you need a girlfriend, every man does.

0|0
    0|0
  • No rush brotha, you do you haha

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I even rejected a girl today

• I did that a lot before I met my fiancee, just make sure she dont go crazy on ya hahaha

• Dude she worked at the bookstore and I was picking my books up for summer semester as she was showing me where they were at she kept asking what I was doing for the weekend and I just ignored her

• because it’s that time of age to do so

0|0
    0|0
  • She doesn't trust you

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they think you're gay...

0|0
    0|0
    • So staying single translates to that

• Show All
    • Your family probably knows that a relationship would help you find good balance

• But I’m good though

• Because 26 is getting a bit "up there" for the dating game. Your family is just hoping, not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok and so if I never decide to date

• Show All
    • I’m saying that so many people put value on having a girlfriend I value success

• Good for you... Most people are interested in dating, so stop being so sensitive when people think you're weird for not being into women.

Recommended myTakes