Is being single a choice and is there someone out there for everyone?

• Yes, being single IS a choice and there IS someone out there for everyone
    Vote A
  • No, being single ISN’T a choice and NOT everyone has someone out there for them
    Vote B
  • Yes, being single IS a choice and there IS NOT someone out there for everyone
    Vote C
  • No, being single IS NOT a choice and there IS someone out there for everyone
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am happily single but flexible. Flexible for the right person to come along but they better be damn great.

7|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am single by choice and there is a reason why.
    When I broke up with my ex-bf of sooo many years I decided I will never ever date again in my life. Its stupid you come into this world alone you will die alone. Why make it so hard in between especially when you don't know real people faces! My ex broke my heart so much it took me 3 years to get back on the right track then I realized I lost 3 years of my precious life and for what? For a dick ; Well see , it is technically to be with a dick why we date right?
    Oh "Have someone to be with awee so cute! " fuck that shit. I'll date myself I love my life I'm happy being single I have a great career I travel and in a year I'll look into adoring a baby... Yes a real baby. I'll be a mother and a dad for that sweetheart who's there because a bitch wanted to have a new life with a new dick!
    Same goes for guys too..

So yes being single is a choice.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol right you just wrote the whole story my life xD except "dick". But ehh I'd like to keep an open mind still about life honestly however, i sure as hek won't give up travelling and happiness for a fagass bitch whose gunna leave for a different"dick" or fekking "cheat".

• Finally someone who understands me 😅yes same goes for guys too. Not only guys are bad girls are bad too... It's good to keep an open mind but also don't get attached just let it be if it happens it happens I think that's how to find real happiness (of course In a relationship ). The truth is our generation or lifetime sucks we are turning into robots. There is a reason why divorces are getting so high or that fertility is going down in so many countries and marriage age is getting delayed and delayed etc etc I don't blame them 😆

• I don't blame anyone lol but I'd say people are now sort of busy with their own goals than thinking about a marriage. I don't hate kids but i seriously do believe they are a disinvestment and they are gunna settle my life and goals down. Marriage on the other hand without kids can be great, i mean if u have a partner that loves to experience your life/goals/dreams and vice versa I'm sure as hell it's gunna be a great life either way! 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 70

• I choose to be alone, I've always been. Mainly because I don't think anyone would like me in general. And this whole there is someone for everyone thing isn't a reality for me, I feel like someone created the quote to give people hope.

2|2
    0|0
  • I think there are a seleCT few who have a weird gift of being able to be single and being totally okay with it. For those people I don't know if there's someone for them out there or not. For everyone else however, I think there's probably one person or more with whom they could get along just fine. I dunno xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Sinle is both a choice and not a choice depending on the circumstances.
    Yes there are someone for everyone, actually it's multiple for everyone, it varies through life with many who is, it has a lot to do with our attitude, everyone can be as much as everyone aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's both a choice and a situation people can't exactly avoid all the time. As for there being someone for everyone... I believe there is someone for less picky people... unlike me. I'm too picky to find love and I've accepted that. Women now are just eye candy to me, and not potential life partners.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's a choice for the most part. If you're not in a relationship and you want to be in one, then lower your standards.

Yes, I think there is someone for everyone. But I don't believe in the fairy tale fantasies that once you find someone you live happily ever after. Both people have to constantly be working with each other and communicating to make the relationship work.

0|1
    0|0
    • I love this regular bullshit. "Lower your standards". Man has only so much influence on who gives him a hardon. Yes, unrealistic standards exist, but preemptively asduming that everyone who is single is just too picky is borderline mental. At what point do I have to start dating outside the human species, because according to wise men on the internet, my expectations are too high?
      Welp, time to invite some cephalopod for a drink.

• Show All
    • Ah, the next best thing. "Improve yourself"... do you suggest growing 3 more inches, so that girls find me attractive (5'8" guy here)? Do you suggest robbing a bank, because I don't have money for brand clothes? Do you suggest I work out? I am regularly at 12% body fat at most, and rather muscular, since I am stocky. Good haircut? Done.

What will it take for people to realise this is not about material things. Girls look for winners in life. And shocker - there are only so many winners.

"Another thing you can improve on is your social skills. I know it's nerve-racking and not easy, but if you can find the courage to walk up to strangers and talk to them, you will become more comfortable in social situations."
      Now THIS is a useful advice. I remember the illustrious Jordan B. Peterson mentioning a test where a few men he councilled had to get the phone number of 50 women a day. I am not saying I'd try something this extreme, but I will definitely try something similar sometime.

• "If you're not doing those things it's because you choose not to do them."
      That's not really a choice though, now is it? Not everyone can be rich. Not everyone can be intelligent. Or attractive.
      Hell, I even know a guy who made a deal with the devil, started taking steroids, and became a chick magnet. So it is a choice that I either destroy my kidney, or die alone?

Ultimately, we both know how one can succed, and we both know it sucks. I have no quarrel with you. But can we agree that dating would be a lot more pleasant and satisfying for men if women just had slightly lower THEIR standards? I mean, there are studies out there showing women find 80% of men below average looking. That's collective cognitive bias at its finest.

• Single is and is not a choice. You can choose to not be in a relationship. You can also pursue one and no one chooses you back. There is not someone out there for everyone. There are multiple people that are potentially compatible with you. Whether or not you actually becomes something is a set of circumstances both in and out of your control.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people have more choices than others. Attractive people get a lot of choices in mating, often too many to be really happy. It's esp true with guys. There are guys who can't get girls at all, and others get about 10 guys' share. The average girl has more choices than the average guy, though.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you're talking about physically attractive, it has nothing to do with that. Many people have said that I'm attractive and yet I can't get a girl for my life. I can tell you it's all about financial stability. Either that or I have a really shit personality. I don't have a driver's license, haven't finished schooling and live with my mom. Once girls hear that, they run in the opposite direction.

• @Ayer93 it has everything to do with physical attractiveness, but for guys that's not enough. You can't be ashamed of your life and hope to get girls. You have to believe you're worthwhile before girls will. I never had money in college but had no problem getting girls.

• Is being single a choice? It often is. Sometimes it is involuntary.

Is there someone out there for everyone? Essentially, yes. There's billions of human beings, so the likelihood that someone out there has much, much greater odds than not.

0|0
    0|0
  • People have yet to prove to me that they are better than my solitude, therefore, I am not out there for someone. And even if I were, there's just too many people in the world. I couldn't possibly date every single woman, and the odds against someone being everything I need while I'm everything they need are just staggering. No, being born doesn't guarantee you'll find a relationship you'll be happy and fulfilled in.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally hate being a single but it's my choice to do so. I would also like to think there I someone out there for everyone, it just might not be with that person you are with, and the right person may take 10 year to find. I like to think I already met the person I am ment to be with, it just wasn't the right time, and some time in the far future things work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have to figure, there's been over 55 million abortions in America alone since Roe V. Wade, so that's POTENTIALLY up to 55 million people alive today who's soulmate got aborted.

And people wonder why everybody feels so lonely nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
  • "There is someone out there for evryone"..." NOPE... and stop saying that coz its mean to people who never find anyone, some people wake up, wash theur genitals and then they die, thats it 😂😂"... louis ck is awesome

0|1
    0|0
  • Being single is _sometimes_ a choice and there _is not_ someone out there for everyone.
    Why isn't that option there?

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything is a choice unless you were tied to a chair and forced to do something. Also this is a harsh world and although there is usually someone for most people, it is not universally true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please tell me about how I deliberately chose to stay away from what occidental society kept describing as the best feeling in the world during my whole life.

0|0
    0|0
  • at least for girls it is a choice, for guys it is lack of opportunity.

0|5
    0|0
  • It is choice, I choose that I should not go around every girl there is, and have a high standards.
    But sure I believe everyone have one person for them, for life and more.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, being single is NOT a choice and not everyone has someone out there for them.

Not for social outcasts like me.

2|1
    0|0
  • It is only a choice for a small amount of people. Some people, especially men will never find someone. Life is cruel like that.

0|2
    0|0
    • Especially men? Well assuming most people are hetero, doesn’t that mean about an equal amount of women are single?

• Lol, single is a choice you control. I can cut my dick off, lock myself in my room for 60 years it's my choice.

Is there someone out there for everyone?
    Not sure. If everyone was straight then some guys have to go gay, because there are more males than females.
    We don't have statistics on who's straight and non-straight. Plus other reasons. So I don't know.

Answer
    Yes, Single is a choice.
    I don't know if there's someone for everyone though due to population imbalances and lack of data.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are too many humans so there will always be someone out there for you, and you chose to be single because you didn't find the one you like most... YET

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a choice for girls; it's not a choice for guys.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes it is a your choice if you want to be in a relationship you will be it's just a matter of time till you find the right one

1|0
    0|0
  • Being single can be either a choice or not a choice. The notion that there is someone out there for everyone is bullshit though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I chose the last one, I said no being single is not a choice but there is someone out there for everyone. I believe we fill our lives with pointless things but when two people meet and they connect it feels as natural as pouring water out of a jug. I think the reason why people do not want to date or view being single as important is that either...

A) Past experiences ruined relationships
    B) It's drama/headache
    C) I want my own independence.

My answer to all 3, a) you shouldn't let the past dictate the future, b) meeting someone genuine who truly cares and will be there for you is something that words cannot explain the gratitude and love that comes with it and c) it's fine to have independence and do things yourself but eventually would you rather die alone when your friends are getting married eventually.

I mean I don't know about others but working a 9-5 job and coming home to my dog and eating Romon Noodles alone is not my vision of true life with someone special.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a choice and there is someone out there for everyone. It’s inevitable. You will run into one person eventually regardless of whatever situation that will like you.

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't seem so for everyone.
      Some people are apparently destined to be lonely. No matter how nice, kind, attractive and successful they are, these people just cannot explain why they can't find love or be loved

• I like to think both are true but my instinct tells me other wise

0|0
    0|0
  • yes being single is a choice,

Yes there is someone out there for everyone..

But i am too lazy to find her and too busy with #gag and PubG

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically I feel like there is a yes and no to both these questions, it's life, it's all random chance

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how being single isn't a choice. Is there something I'm missing? I know involuntarily is a thing, but it's not always the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• well if they have the option of being with someone, then it's a choice, but if no one wants to be with them then it's not, like if you only had the option of strawbery icecream, even if you would have chosen it anyways, if it's the only option there then there is no choosing involved

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a choice... I choose to be obsessed with my 23 Korean Boy Band husbands instead of conversing with all those people who try to sneak in my DM's just like I choose to turn down offers to go have dinner. I don't want a relationship unless you're Bang Yong-Guk or Min Yoongi

0|0
    0|0
    • Ahhh no. I literally can't because you are a private user and I don't think as an Xper 1 it allows it anyway.

• Ahhh no that's okay... like I said... unless Yong-Guk or Yoongi I'm not really here to make friends just leave opinions and promote my kpop bands

• Someone is out there for you. It's not your responsibility to find your soul mate, they will eventually come to you. But it is your responsibility... To keep them. Nothing ever is granted in life.

0|0
    0|0
    • Girls don't ask guys out

• Show All
    • If you're gonna insult me then I will too. Watch your fucking mouth. You called me an idiot without me insulting you prior to that. Now fuck off

• @Tasos96 I won't. What will you do, huh? Get out.

• Relationship is not perfect, but it should add a positive feeling in our lives. I would rather be single than aggravated almost every day.

friends with benefits is way to go.

0|0
    0|0
    • No because from there you'll catch feelings. Me i gave up on relationships. So im on prostitutes.

• Show All
    • You guys are boyfriend and girlfriend that's it

• Sorta in between except dating other people.

• Yes it’s a choice but it can also take work so you have two choices. One, you want a mate and two, you’re willing to work to find/get one.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok. how about the choice. You think you are alone but you are not it only looks that way. Because people who are single and alone are not asexuals, to begin with, what perhaps everybody is thinking.
    Well, especially singles might know that some would say they are asexuals. But that was only since for sure you yourself ever was good company, of course, to begin with with the person that still is single.
    People only avoid each others company is a good thing and brings the knowledge we seek only company with those we like. It has to do with Moksha and so I made a Take about it.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if being single *can* be a choice?

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think it is a choice to some degree, some people just don’t throw themselves out there and just expect the perfect girlfriend/boyfriend to fall into their laps. I used to not go out very much and had a hard time finding guys I liked. But just a few months after getting tinder, I landed my first boyfriend. So becoming more active did help a lot.
    But for some people it’s probably not really a choice, because the general public finds them really unattractive in most/all ways possible. I also don’t believe there’s someone out there for everyone at all times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right now its a choice for me being single, honestly tho it wasn't in the past i really hope there is someone for everyone out there

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been single by choice. My version of single was invisible to the opposite sex unless they're totally unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went for C.

Being single is absolutely a choice but having someone out there isn’t a certainty.

My dad has been single for 11 years and divorced almost 10. He has no interest in the other sex.

One of my brothers is single by choice. He prefers a free lifestyle.

Another brother is autistic and struggles with relationships. He’s single by choice because he struggles with intimate relationship.

My point is many people have reasons to be single and if soulmates were real people wouldn’t chose a single life over that surely?

0|0
    0|0
    • You're telling me every male on Earth can get. Girlfriend on demand?

• Show All
    • So how do I just stop liking girls. Where the switch?

• @Armourdillo stop twisting this. It’s not even your question.

Nowhere did I say you have to stop being attracted to people. Instead of trying to get a rise out of me on a question you didn’t even ask, just ask your own question.

• um yes, plenty of people choose to be single cause they are not ready for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets say why the hell not
    Any shit is possible now that Kim Kardashian was allowed to be a mom

0|0
    0|0
  • Somerimes it's a choice. Sometimes it's not

0|3
    0|0
  • If it happens it happens until then love yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, people are desperate.

0|1
    0|1
  • For some it is a choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has someone

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly you'll come to realize if you can't find someone you truly love being single isn't a bad thing. I hate to suffer in silence and be obliged to someone i don't truly love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well i am single but its not my choice, i am pretty ugly so its hard to find a boyfriend. So i think It depends, there are people who WANT to stay single because they dont want serious relationships (usually those people are beautiful people who have the possibility to find someone to fuck every night), and there are people like who DONT want to stay single but i am cause i am ugly (so its not my choice)

0|0
    0|0
  • being single could be a choice most of the time and no there is not someone out there for everyone.
    i was rejected a lot and never approached by guys and i blame my apperance and low self esteem for that. but point is i gave up on dating and finding someone , and i am completely okay with that. not everyone needs to have a partner in life in order to enjoy or have a normal life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im single but I dont believ in love one bit. I never fall in love before or being in love or love someone or someone love me back any of that I never had had.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think for me and maybe a lot of other women as well, I have options but my options aren't what I want. I want something thats not on my multiple choice selectives. I would gladly select a guy if I knew one worth selecting. So is it a choice? Depending on how you look at it I would say no. Its more like I feel cornered to either be single or date guys that I dont feel compatible with

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes