Would you break up with someone if they were "Micro-Cheating" on you?

Micro-Cheating is a term used for people who seek attention outside of their relationship and keep it secret from their partner. Examples of this could be secretly talking to an ex boyfriend or girlfriend, flirting as if you are still single even though no sex is involved and saving someone under a fake name in your phone or lying about the status of your relationship to others.
Would you break up with someone if they were
  • YES
  • NO
  • YES Cheating is cheating
    Vote C
  • NO Everybody has secrets
    Vote D

60110

Most Helpful Girl

• If your truly happy in your relationship there's no reason to hide these things. My hubby has a VERY flirtatious personality and I'm fine with that. He has lots of female contacts from his past on Facebook, most I've never meet. Could be his exs, I don't know or care. Also in his phone contacts. This is where trust comes in.
    What he doesn't do is spend time texting other women or hiding numbers under false names. If he's spending that time connecting with someone else over you, there's a problem somewhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has 'friends' of various types from before the one they are with now. I keep in contact with many past 'casual partners' or friends with benefits, and they were a significant part of my life, before.
    Now that I am with another, should I just forget those, and ignore them, because she is unsure? If she is unsure, and cannot accept my honest statement that they were past, and she is now, then she goes to past!
    What idiot imagines that a person will cut all ties with past relations, when they ended well, as friends, and were friends in the relationship?
    Those preceded her, and who is she, that I should just forget them?
    It's not like there is anything physical, and they are in new relations with others, as well. If she is SOOOO insecure, that I maintain FRIENDLY email connections with past friends, then she isn't the one for me.

• Good points there chief!

• Mr. Heath was a the assistant VP of my elementary and he was also the history teacher. He hung a paddle on the wall that had holes in it. If you got out of line you could write 250 times what you did wrong or opt for the swat. If you got a swat your parents would be contacted.. and back then you would get another swat at home. Now.. the parents are at the schools defending their child's behavior no matter how poor it is... oh how times have changed!

• I will NEVER condone ABUSING children, but when did a correctional 'Spanking' become so wrong? Not for anything, obviously, but my cousin used spanking, with his daughter, but only when she did things that could seriously hurt her, or kill her, not knowing.
      After it, he would hold her and tell her that it wasn't that she was bad, but that she did things that could hurt her. She never did any of those things ever again, after that!
      Children cannot understand a lot of things, and rationalize cause and effect. Studies have shown that, and it is well-documented.
      Dr. Spock (not the Star Trek guy) wrote a book about it in the 1970's about family dynamics and a more permissive, and affectionate approach (i. e. NO SPANKING). He later reconsidered, and maybe questioned his book, seeing the results on our generation.