What to do when the person you're dating begins to change?

I have been seeing a guy for a few months --at the beginning he was so kind and attentive and now... my feelings get hurt every time we talk----he criticized that I spoke too long about my work project over the phone, complained about paying for dinner (although I offered to pay for it), isn't excited to see me :/

he just started a stressful job so I think he is more tense than usual
I really enjoyed things when we first started out... but now I'm not sure... I tell him when he has really hurt me, but i'ts almost too frequent now

Girls, am I being too sensitive---will every guy say stuff that we have to just 'brush off'?

1317

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes every guy will say something you just brush off just like we have to do with something girls may say BUT it shouldn't be frequent. We make mistakes and say things we don't mean sometimes but it shouldn't be all the time. I know a job can be stressful sure, but what's the point of it if he's just going to be taking out frustrations after work on what or who he cares about? Talk to him and tell him you want a change. You deserve better than that but you're willing to give him the chance to show he can do that like he did in the past.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's someone with experience to tell you.
    People don't "change" over time. They REVEAL who they really were all the way along.

It has nothing to do with stress of his, because he's just drawing attention on him again.
    To me it sounds like a huge red flag for a narcissism. Please save yourself possible (further?) emotional abuse and go check right away a video on you tube called something like "test if you date narcissist" or maybe its named " test yourself if you are narcissist", by Melania Tonia Evans. You will be doing there test for both of you. If he turns out to be narcissist run as fast as you can from that relationship before he emotionally conditions you into belief that you are tje one thats irrational and oversensitive and thus fu*** up your mind.

You are not oversensitive. Red flag.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE