Would you date / stay with someone if you didn’t like their pet?

Suppose you are going into a long term relationship but the person you are seeing has a pet you don’t really like. Maybe you’re a cat person but they own a dog, maybe you hate reptiles and they own a lizard. Would that affect your relationship at all?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, unless I was super shallow. Or they had a pet spider

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend had a dog that hated me and had actually bitten me, so let's just say I wasn't a fan of the dog. I stayed with him anyways because I can handle a dog with how much I already care for him. Sadly the dog has passed away, but even if he hadn't I'd still be with my man

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I have dumped people because of their pets. Her dog would stare at me then randomly lick the inside of my ear. Made me not want to go over.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love all animals. The person is probably the deal breaker here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't see that happening if it's a normal small to medium sized pet. I like animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • animals love me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the reason why I don't like their pet. If the pet is viciously mean then no. But if it's because I can't stand to be around the pet because it disgusts me or just because I don't like animals then I would really have to like this guy to be with him to put up with his or her pet. Because relationships with the one aren't worth throwing away because of a pet

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone wants to be with me they have to handle me and all four of my snakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an animal lover, any animal is welcomed. the more the merrier.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love all pets, so I don't think thats a problem anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • I kicked my boyfriend's dog in the face and made him give her away so

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes