Why would a guy I’ve been with for 5 years not propose to me yet?

We’re both financially stable and we spoke about the future together. I just want to know what’s the long wait for?

2976

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he is smart? Maybe he knows that real and sustainable love has nothing to do with being married. And that being married almost always ends up really bad for men (it's still mostly the men who lose their money and have to pay for a very long time or their whole life for their ex-wifes. And even far worse: almost always the women gets custody for the children and the children taken from the men - this is really really horrible). And by statistics he knows that this marriage is highly probable to be divorced (and 70-80% of break-ups and divorces are initiated by females). So, boys, do not ever marry! It's a horrible deal for men and a really dangerous situation you put yourself in (in all other areas of life you would be classified insane to agree to such a destructive deal).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And don't lie to yourself that you are the only Disney Princess and Princess couple in the world, which will never divorce 🤣🤣🤣 Statistics show it differently: divorce will come, initiated by your wife and hitting your whole life situation and family like a nuke.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you assume he has to propose or want to live with you? Lots of men and women are happy NOT to move in together or get married. Nowadays there are just as many, if not more, who prefer that. IF you are both financially stable you do not need someone to pay your bills for you, and it would not be very nice for someone to want to be with someone just for finances. Either he is the right guy or he is not, if he is then seeing him a lot without living together should be fine unless you were both planning to have children and live together as a family unit. That piece of paper you get when you marry does not mean much. I know lots of men who get married (or even engaged) and then carry on trying to date or sleep with other women. It rarely changes the way they see things or the way they behave. And there is just as much chance or more that they want to end the relationship or cheat later, it is no guarantee they belong to you or it will be forever. If they are not keen to marry and get nagged into it or do it to please you then the marriage starts off with a bad taste and goes downhill from there, much more likely to go wrong.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow! A rational post by a woman about marriage 👍 (normally, on this topic even the most rational and educated woman becomes non-rational). You have a very healthy view, but I think it also comes from your life experience. With age you realize that it is better to concentrate emotionally on your love and relationship how it fits the both of you, and not on external things. But I fear the asker lacks as well the experience and the smartness (her question does not sound like being able to reflect at all). Cheers from a happy family without marriage!

• I agree. And ask your self why would you want to step it up and complicate things if you have everything, maybe that's exactly the reason why because people always have the need to reach for something new, better and exciting. But maybe this is not a solution. I would rather try to think what can I do to make a life in a relationship even better and more interesting and exciting than thinking about marriage, it simply doesn't work like that if you are the only person pushing it. You both need to talk about it and be thinking about it if you are both interested, those things are very simple and that's why they are probably hard for most of the people today because today's life is made to be complicated

• 100% agreed