Can a long distance relationship work?

1525

Most Helpful Girls

• I think a long distance can work if the person in question is happy and lives a full live and comes from a strong family that he sees on a regular basis. Relationships are more likely to end when one or both people feel they have a void they need to fill - these voids might cause relationships to break off or end prematurely.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's not impossible to make them work, but it's rare they survive the distance. LDR's are extremely difficult to maintain. The ultimate goal of a LDR is to close the distance by meeting up in person. If two people can't meet up regularly in person, it's pointless pursuing a relationship. The basis of a LDR is online communication,
    and that's not enough to maintain a healthy lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of a LDR is maintaining trust and interest. It's not easy building & maintaining trust with someone you can't spend quality time with in real life , on a regular basis

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• It can because it's not every relationship that involves sex! You can both speak on the phone or video call anytime you wish, only those that have been in close relationships before find it difficult to do long distance relationship. Single guys like me that are desperate to be in a relationship wouldn't care one bit!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Yes but it takes more work. I wouldn't suggest getting into one at your age honestly. It requires high maturity on both sides, lots of effort being put into maintaining the relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE