Can a long distance relationship work?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think a long distance can work if the person in question is happy and lives a full live and comes from a strong family that he sees on a regular basis. Relationships are more likely to end when one or both people feel they have a void they need to fill - these voids might cause relationships to break off or end prematurely.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's not impossible to make them work, but it's rare they survive the distance. LDR's are extremely difficult to maintain. The ultimate goal of a LDR is to close the distance by meeting up in person. If two people can't meet up regularly in person, it's pointless pursuing a relationship. The basis of a LDR is online communication,
    and that's not enough to maintain a healthy lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of a LDR is maintaining trust and interest. It's not easy building & maintaining trust with someone you can't spend quality time with in real life , on a regular basis

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It can because it's not every relationship that involves sex! You can both speak on the phone or video call anytime you wish, only those that have been in close relationships before find it difficult to do long distance relationship. Single guys like me that are desperate to be in a relationship wouldn't care one bit!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it takes more work. I wouldn't suggest getting into one at your age honestly. It requires high maturity on both sides, lots of effort being put into maintaining the relationship.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• My friend's brother met his wife when they were both chosen to sing at a friend's wedding. He lived in North Carolina and she went to school in Australia. Over 1 week of practicing and the wedding itself, they fell in love, kept in touch, visited each other on holidays and were married when she graduated the next year. It can work, it just takes really good communication skills and some willingness to sacrifice-- buy the plane ticket, stay up the extra hour for a phone call, send a letter, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • If two people really want it to work... they can make it happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • The distance ended and we’re getting married so it can work

0|0
    0|0
  • It works, but need efforts from you and your partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if they both trust each other , enough not to cheat

0|0
    0|0
  • It can but probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u love each other... yes

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope so

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. By now it works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Naw. But if u sext yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it can

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is trust and love everything is possible.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• It's really hard and almost impossible have no physical contact so if you don't have a good base before you went long distance you're pretty much down for unless you choose special people

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. How can it work when you don't see nor touch a person for a very long time?

Romantic relationship needs to intimacy to last.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You can't have a relationship with someone you're not in contact with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    Depending on how much time y'all spend apart things are likely to change in your life and your priorities will start to change.

0|0
    0|0
  • For most parts it don't I've have had experience in that so who knows just depends how well you trust this person

0|0
    0|0
  • No it can't, especially if you both have never met.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it wouldn't work out for me in the long run

0|0
    0|0
  • Is work is about trust and patience

0|0
    0|0
  • if you have money and time to travell, yes

0|0
    1|0
  • Too much work. Especially at your age.

0|0
    0|0
  • At your age my friend vary rarely

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea it works

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as needs are being met, the coach said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes im in one

0|0
    0|0
  • It can but take a lot of work

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it is very hard

0|0
    0|0
  • No 😔