Would you ever go on a double date for a first date?

Or , do you prefer a first date to only be the two of you?

4069

Most Helpful Guys

• No, my dating style was all about getting as close to the girl as possible (physically, emotionally, mentally) as soon as possible, since I'm the type that's dangerously close to being friend-zoned with an easy-going style all the time unless I start seducing a girl.

Like with my now-wife, for example, we had been long-time friends and she initially rejected and friend-zoned me in response to asking her out since she thought I was a playboy type since I was dating different girls all the time. I managed to finally make her succumb to going out with me on a date at some point, but had to make up for her hesitance where I had to really step up the seduction to the point of jamming an emergency stop button on an elevator and grabbing her and kissing her out of the blue as a last-ditch effort, which thankfully worked (I see that as what ultimately got me out of the friend zone with her as she now tells that story a lot with pride).

If our first date was a double-date, I probably never would have found that chance being alone with her, and we'd probably just go on being friends after saying goodbye with little happening between us beyond some friendly conversations (as usual).

• i have done both, in my early teen years when i was still just a little shy Asian boy, and my puppy love was a shy Asian girl. my best friend at the time already has a girlfriend for a while. so i asked him if he can help me out and set up a double date for our first date. during the first date me and my puppy love didn't hold hands for a while so my best friend and his girlfriend at the time started walking outside of us and slowly forced/pushed us to walk closer and closer, and that's when i finally picked up the courage to hold her hand and also since then i had overcome my shyness haven't needed much help for dating a girl on first dates again.

just because it's a double date it doesn't mean both couples have to stick together the entire day. the way i usually do double dates is like this: we all go together but once we arrive at the destination, and let's just say the destination is at a mall. if the couple is brand new, we will purposely show our presence in front of them once in a while to hold hands/kiss just to encourage them to do it too and to help break the ice. if we know one or both of them are shy, we'll keep doing it and go off to do our own thing, like shopping at different stores, watch a different move than them, maybe buy ice cream, and then we will call or text the other couple to meet up for dinner at a restaurant or to meet back up at the car so we can head to a restaurant to eat.

some people just need a little help because there are people that don't have much dating experience, some people are 35+ years old and they never had a date/gf until recently, anxiety, shyness, aren't very good at talking and etc., a little boost to their confidence can instant game changer for them. having another couple as their wing man and wing girls to help isn't bad at all.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think double dates are fun. Takes off a little pressure and they can be less awkward. I do think one on one time is valuable, but that can happen on date 2 once you decide if there is any chemistry. I would not like it if someone ONLY wanted to double date.

• Not unless I trusted the friend and the guy she said she was meeting.