Do you like it when the woman you are interested in takes the initiative and messages you first?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes guys are used to beeing ignored and rejected most of the time so if you actually show interest that's definitely positive, but if you're looking for a long term relationship just don't come off as desperate or needy because even though it's great and refreshing if you're interested, any guy worth having will not play along if he feels like you want to trap him or if he can sense that you're afraid your time is running out. So beeing chill and letting him come to you (if he wants to) is critical. If you start constantly checking up on him or trying to rush anything it's game over. If you follow this then you should be in great shape :)

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha. He’s working midnights as a cop. He’s messaged me. But he likes when I message him. Should I just not text him every day and check in ocassionally? I let him have the weekend to himself.

• Texting him is totally fine just not all the time ^^ I think you'll know what is too much. It's more about keeping ones expectations in check I think that's the main point. The harder you grip onto someone the faster you lose them. I'm sure you know how things go ^^

• Yes! Probably like Monday or Tuesdayish. And the thing is I can show I care but I don’t text him everyday and it means more lol

• Not only with a message, but taking any type of initiative is nice. Sometimes we may assume she has a boyfriend or simply try to think of a clever conversation starter and when that fails, we think, oh whale. Maybe next time. Closed mouths don't get fed. (This goes for both parties)

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea. He’s a police officer he’s been sleeping all weekend. Monday probably work. Midnight shift I mean. Tuesday maybe say, “hope you’ve gotten some sleep, how you doing?”

• That could work. It all depends on what you want. Make sure that you communicate clearly. If he says something like, yeah. Work was long and I'm hungry, follow up with an invitation to go out to eat, or catch a movie with popcorn. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 128

• No women does that. Because they are intimidated by dangerous unknown people and its 100% correct. It's better to date and befriend someone located in person within your reach is much better than approaching an unknown based on dp or other popularity of profile. No one knows who's sitting behind that profile and his character. Can't trust anyone that easily on social media these days. So it's a good thing that they don't text first and also I wouldn't recommend them to..

0|0
    0|0
  • like it -na , dam love it... everyone I guess consider himself or herself valuable when someone approach and take initiative. It doesn't matter he/she loves u back or not but they always remember it

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m talking to a cop. He works midnights. He seems tired. I let him do his own thing this weekend. Do you think if he’s tired it just would be nice to say “how are you doing on Monday?” To show I care.

• Show All
    • I am not saying to talk with him on duty hours. If u do then it is disturbing and might looks creepy calling or texting in duty hours but somtimes asking about positive things when someone not expecting u makes a special connection... just try to start conversation, everything will go in flow.. don't think too much that's not a rocket science

• No! I have hahahahaha. Is not me at all. He told me straight up he is working midnight hours. He is just tired and moody so anything will do lol. But it’s not going to be a texting party. Lol but it’s not about me.

• Yes and no. I like messages with substance in them. If a message is coming my way, tell me something interesting that happened. Make it worth while. Mindless messages aren't interesting. They fall flat and that awkward feeling when no one says anything sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. For two reasons:

1) I tend to get a bit shy and/or nervous around making the first move, so it's always helpful to know they're interested too.

2) I can't tell if someone's flirting with me to save my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's actualy sad that people need to ask questions like these. Why must man/woman do this or that JUST BECAUSE they are man/woman?

If it feels good... go for it. I'm recently single as well and I absolutely hate these "that's a man's thing" or "that's for the girl to do". FFS.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I think women are pretty lazy in general when it comes to dating.

0|1
    0|0
    • If you I did my own thing this weekend. Is it too simple to say “how are you doing?” Tomorrow. He works midnights as a cop. Do you think that’s simple enough?

• Show All
    • It’s definitely not a everyday gig. But he’s pretty chill. I just send him a message when I’m free. I’m actually very busy myself. I’m working on a counseling license so we can relate to each other. However, yes, his job is definitely more demanding than mine.

• Ok well keep it up.

• Only happend to me once. I did like it. I never ask anyone out so I can’t compare it with anything. But I did like it. I didn’t understand why she wanted to see me but still. Not all girls have great tastes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very few things are more enticing than a girl that hits me up first.
    I fuckin hate people that always have to play games and wait for me so they don't seem desperate or whatever the fuck.
    Stop being a little bitchass and just text me.

0|0
    0|0
    • So it’s ok to say “how are you doing?” On A mo day After going away for the weekend by myself.

• Show All
    • He answers every message jeez lol

• Then you're good to go

• I honestly find it way cooler when a women messages me first, as it helps remove the stress of trying to get her attention from the loads of other guys that are interested in her as well.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. It's really annoying and kinda unsettling in a way being the only one who texts first because it makes you wonder if the other person really wants to talk to you

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. It immediately makes me more comfortable with her. When I can feel the other party trying, that means a lot to me.

2|1
    0|0
  • It comes down to whether we find her attractive or not - if no, it's not a pleasant surprise, if she is, then it's great.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the woman, but in general I do. Not every guy knows the perfect icebreaker

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally. If I'm interested or I like a woman. I tend to message first. It's called being a gentleman. U text first. U treat then right. Give them the love wanted and needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • On certain internet dating sites like Bumble, they MUST, so there is that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I am sick and tired of having to make the first move all the time. I have almost given up doing it now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, very much so. It shows that she's interested in whatever relationship she is trying to pursue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if I'm not interested, I appreciate the gesture and the person more. (For making an effort for her own happiness).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah needs to happen more often. Like I'm terrible at telling when a girls into me so taking initiative helps me to understand how she feels

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because it has become legally dangerous for a man to make the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes