I'm still nervous around my boyfriend?

We have been dating for 5 months and we still have awkward silences and it's still hard for me to start a conversation with him. But it's a two way street. What do you think about this. I do like him a lot and want this to work but I'm starting to think we both have intimacy issues. We don't cuddle, when watching a movie we sit next to eachother but neither of us breaks the personal space and it's bothering me. And after sex we just get our clothes on and go for food. I mean he never cuddled after sex so I'm not worried that maybe he is loseing interest in me, but I don't know how to talk with him I guess and the cuddling thing is bothering me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think he's using you for sex, and I think it's disgusting for him to do that, you should dump him and find a guy that loves You, not your privates.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I dont think he is using me for sex. I can tell the difference and it dosnt feel like that type of relationship.

• Maybe he is thinking the same thing. Before you worry try taking the lead and initiate cuddles. If he's not interested and thats important to you... better to know sooner than later.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Chemistry is everything, if it seems like you guys are missing that connection maybe move on, because there’s so many boys out there that could satisfy those important needs.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• This sounds like a dead relationship or a relationship between 2 phantoms with nothing vibrant or lively in it.. no offense of course. There's no chemistry no communication which normally leads to a better connection, development of feelings and intimacy.. i don't see how you can still like him and more over you say A LOT.. quite awkward. I think you're just making yourself believe that. .. can't believe sex is enjoyable neither.. id be literally shocked if you say yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • some people are just awkward, or going through an awkward period in their lives. I became overly conscious and now every waking moment is a nightmare of anxiety and overthinking. I like to be doing something with people where talking isn't necessary, cuddling would be one such awesome activity. Any kind of physical exercise, sports, biking, fighting, go karting, even walking as opposed to sitting down, I truly unravel in stagnation

0|0
    0|0
  • Be more intimate with him outside of sex. Cuddle with him while being next to him (don't overdo it). Be encouraging to one another. There you go. Problem fixed.

1|0
    0|0
  • All the things that ur not doing is the problem it dont matter what the convo is about jus talk about anything it can be a movie ur dog or cat or ask to watch a chick flick i think he wants u to clime on him and be more engaging dont be scared jus do it and if its not going as plan ask him what u jus ask us in this post

1|0
    0|0
  • Uh well... is it that you don't want to cuddle with him? If you want to, then just nuzzle up next to him so he doesn't have a choice, lol. It's not hard. He'll probably respond positively.

2|0
    0|0
  • The best thing for you to do is just be honest and tell him your issue and if he understands and wants to work on fixing it then that's great but if he gets defensive or mad then Maybe you should move on

1|0
    0|0
  • If your worried about it that much then break the silence with something and cuddle with him don't wait for him to make the first move

2|0
    0|0
  • Just stick your finger up his butt... his reaction will tell you everything you need to know

1|3
    0|0
  • This isn't too healthy. Talk it out and find and address the issue or break up

2|0
    0|0
  • Give him a blowjob, that should fix whatever issue you have.

0|1
    3|0
  • I would say talk about it. Five months is long enough to be open about things I think. Try telling him how you feel and what you want for the future

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, that's a little odd. Do you not want to (cuddle) with him?

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should stop seeing him. Or just give him a talk. dont worry. If he loves you, all your stupid talk is okay in his ears

0|0
    0|0
  • Then intimacy isn't happening sex is sex unless the intimacy gets hands on

0|0
    0|0
  • it clearly is strange, mostly the awkward silences, they shouldn't exist anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • why are you still trying for a relationship you both dont want?

0|0
    0|0
  • Where is the mace? Justin case.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuddle him then

0|0
    0|0
  • Why nervous about your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him. Do you wanna talk?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Doesn't sound like you two have a good chemistry... Sometimes people just don't really match :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a childhoodfriend, we also have some awkward silences sometimes but we laugh together and enjoy each others company so its okay i guess

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re not meant for each other period cause u should feel comfortable since the beginning.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's nice. Butterflies and all

0|0
    0|0
  • Jesus. Talk more get married and wait.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes