Would you date someone you aren’t sexually or physically attracted to?

61192

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. I don't need sexual attraction in my relationship. It's an added benefit, sure, but I can love someone I'm not chasing sex with. Sadly, very few women seem to feel that way, at least not on all the apps created for forming relationships, so I have to demonstrate sexual attraction before they're willing to invest emotionally :(

• Yes, for the simple reason that I'm not so near sighted as to think said attraction can't be developed. My first girlfriend wasn't exactly skinny. When I first met her I really didn't find her at all attractive. Admittedly, we didn't start out dating but we became friends and began dating about 6 months later. While we were together I began to find her more and more beautiful, in fact at the point I prefer girls that are a little thicc x3 they give they best hugs and they are incredibly sexy to me now. Whatever traits I may or may not consider attractive in the here and now, I know if love her as a person I will find her attractive. Basically I've learned just how true the term "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is and I know that if I love a girl, I will find her beautiful and attractive. So yeah I would date a girl to whom I'm not sexually/physically attracted, as there is literally nothing stopping me from becoming physically attracted to them. If I'm not in the relationship just for sex then it doesn't matter if there's an initial attraction anyway.

Most Helpful Girls

• I would if they weren't extremely unattractive to me or if they had a charming and attractive personality or demeanour. The guy I'm dating has an okay looking face but he is tall and slim - however - due to food shortages in his area - he now looks VERY VERY slim - to the point that it is becoming a problem - not physically only - but also health wise. I like skinny guys but I won't say that to a guy that is WAY TOO SKINNY!!! I guess he's not perfect but he's good enough.

• No. A guys appearance initially attracts me, his personality determines if I continue to date him or not.

I'm sure a guy wouldn't want to be with a woman if she told him she found him physically unattractive, and was only with him because of his personality. Everyone wants their partner to feel physically and sexually attracted to them.. Appearance and personality are equally important. If a person didn't take appearance into consideration , they'd just date everyone and anyone