Should women start asking out men on dates more?

Usually men are the ones who ask out women, but many have indicated on G@G that they have stopped for a variety of reasons. The most common ones seem to be rejection and being shy.

So should would women compensate by taking the initiative and approaching the guy?

Should women start asking out men on dates more?
  • Yes, they should.
    Vote A
  • No, they shouldn't.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If she likes a guy and he doesn't realize it or has other women interested in him, she needs to take the initiative to land him. If she can flirt with him and nudge him to ask her out, that's fine, too, but much of the time guys don't get it or don't notice her.

0|3
    0|0
  • I really forget about what may be normal or not, when you have chemistry with someone and want to go out with them, sometimes you forgot who ask who out actually. It could of happened so casually like “would it be fun to see this or that?” And “we should do that some time” and mixed into a conversation.

My answer is yes, they should ask Men out more, because I think many girls miss out on opportunities, assuming a guys level of interest and wait to be noticed and approached, as that is a socially conditioned behavior they have been taught is appropriate or normal, and as a result, many missed opportunities and lots of settling going on in women’s love lives as a result

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Either way, women should also make the first move and go after what we want.

1|8
    0|2
  • Because If, you've ever heard the saying that, "closed mouths don't get fed." The same can go for playing the field, the woman who doesn't put herself out there and ask for a man's phone number or ask a guy out will probably spend a lot Saturday nights at home by herself. another thing, guys shouldn't always have to do the asking! At some point the guy is going to want to know if you really want his company and you can show that by asking him out or making the first move. Also, if you are already dating a guy steady, instead of waiting for him to call you and make plans for a date, you can take the initiative of calling him and you plan the date and have the fun of choosing what to do on your night out together,. because believe it or not some guys get tired of having to choose and sometimes they would like to know what you want, and like it when you take the platform and set the scene, so to speak.

1|7
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 58

• The state of affair is that women have all the power but with growing rates of singles comes a decrease in birth rate that might bring down nations.
    In France, we're at 40% of singles. What I'm wondering is... Will women's behavior adjust or will the nation die?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think those are the only two options. And while we have more singles than at any other point, I think it's a good thing that people don't feel pressured into staying in relationships they aren't happy in.

• But they do!
      Men do. And they'll do more and more as the dating game is wrecking them.

• I don't need you to ask me out. Just look into my eyes, and genuinely flash a smile if you are interested in my. That's all it takes. A signal. Not much.

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls may not ask out a lot, but they do quite a bit already. I've had girls come up to me, chat me up blatantly, etc. I even had a girl admit that she spilled part of a drink on me at a concert just so she could talk to me. So girls do have some balls, so to speak.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had girls ask me out and I'm very confident to ask girls out and not get bothered by rejection but whenever a cute girl has asked me out I get so flattered and embarrassed that I can't bring myself to say no even if she's not my type that much... so I feel that will give some girls an edge.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want 'Equality' then you need to ask, and pay!
    Not saying that to be a harsh, bad thing, but it is actually quite exciting, and enticing for some guys that see women as AT LEAST EQUALS!! :) :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mom said they use to ask guys out all the time in the late 80's and early 90's then around the turn of the century not so much.

But yes, if you girls like a boy, ask him out, it is not the 1700's

1|2
    0|0
  • could've, woulda, shoulda. I don't see it happening really. In my experience, the only time women make the first move is when they're literally sexually harassing me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of times men get mixed signals and end up avoiding the topic to not be accused of stuff or be pushy on accident. There's the classic example of
    "This guy keeps asking me out. He's so annoying and I think he wants to rape me"
    Same person will say
    "This cute guy asked me out and when I said no he dropped it, why isn't he trying to fight for me?"

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can handle rejection with humility and self-respect, I say go for it. I haven't seen much of that from women, though. Every woman I've rejected acts just as bad as an egotistical man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am against it, but i think that is the only way of me going on a date!
    I only tried to ask a girl out four times, i rarely see a girl that is worth it so, i voted yes 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's great because it gets some shyer guys out and assures you will do what you like. I don't women should do it as a rule because men will think yo are not interested just like women do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing good ever happens when women attempt to fill a vacuum brought on by male cowardice.

2|0
    0|3
  • Yes they should instead of stomping around angry all the time and rejections all the time, stop spreading false rumors that men are gay when we're straight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so, but it shouldn't be so common that men, shy men in particular, start to expect it like women expect it

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think so. Women ask for equality but guess what, some undesirable shit comes with equality. You don’t just get to have the convenient equalities

0|0
    0|1
  • A lot of times they do make the first move. Its just more subtle. I think men would like them to be more obvious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fear of rejection and being shy are just as big problems for guys as they are girls. A more level playing field would help both parties out.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm very shy and i wouldn't dare to ask a girl out. I just sit there and watch them in the hope they notice me and ask me out 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • They should, but they won't. It's much more convenient to be asked out and then use that as an excuse to make the man pays for everything.

0|1
    0|1
  • I, for one am really scare to ask girls out so I would really apreciate if they would start making tha first move.

0|1
    0|0
  • While women say they will, I don't see an increase in women asking men out.

0|1
    0|0
  • They should they run the dating market but they won't they'd rather keep their privileges.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women don't want to approach the same reason us guys dont want to approach except they have 2 reasons not to and us guys only have one reason not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if guys hadn't stopped doing it as much... why wouldn't you? It's just good for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are being asked out constantly by men so why bother? It's common knowledge that if you want to date a girl you need to make the first move

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they should do it more often just like what the feminist said "you gotta fight for what you want, no matter what your gender is"

0|0
    0|0
  • Not just more, exclusively. Stop expecting men to risk hate crime and harassment charges just to ask you out, none of you are worth that risk.

0|0
    0|0
    • If the way you ask women out puts you at risk of a harassment charge, maybe you should look at your own actions.

• Misogyny hate crime is classed under the new policy as “incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman, and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman”.

Examples of such incidents may include unwanted or uninvited sexual advances, physical or verbal assault, unwanted or uninvited physical or verbal contact or engagement, and use of mobile phones to send unwanted or uninvited messages or take photographs without consent.

Unwanted or uninvited verbal contact!!! Say your response again.

• I dont see why not. Regardless of gender, if you like the person, then ask him/her out.

0|0
    0|0
  • if "fear of rejection and being shy" kept people from asking someone out, the human race would die, cause everyone suffers from that and we'd stop procreating xD

if i had to put up a good reason why i don't ask out women is cause they are so entiteled to have a potential partner be perfect. so perfect that they couldn't even ever possibly match them but well they won't settle for less than that so fuck them.

i think it would be a good idea for girls to ask out more, since you claimed equality in all other parts of human life already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. But they will all be asking out the same 10% of guys, just like guys do with girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I take my boyfriend out all the time. We both work, we both get tired, it's nice to treat him every once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think guys turn down girls who ask them out because they feel less mascular. I ask out guys all the time and they chicken shit out of it. Must be ugly

0|1
    1|5
    • Lul i think every guy would say yes i mean i would for sure

• Show All
    • If you turn down a guy it's because you're not interested, if a man turns you down it's because they are chicken and feel insecure about their masculinity.

Women's logic 😃

• Did i say anything about if i turn a guy down NUPE

• Yes, I think that way he won't think he's the only one putting in effort and will feel like you want to spend time with him more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, they should

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I prefer the man to ask me out.

0|1
    0|0
    • That can be construed as sexual harassment in this modern climate.

• @demonics I’m not a feminist

• I believe you but the potential ramifications are life destroying for men. Therefore... eh I don't believe you. And men are just supposed to accept that women change their minds even after the point of no return. "Hmmmm I regret that sexual encounter now that the liquor has worn off... I fact I feel raped."

There are laws against catcalling cropping up all over the world these days. What's the definition of catcalling from a legal standpoint? Well that's up to the accuser to decide. I my youth catcalling depended on the guys level of attractiveness. Hot guy outright smacks a girl on the ass she blushes and playfully tells him to stop, some disgusting smelly beast of human does the same thing, she's calling the principal on him.

Those are the rules feminists have made, and gotten the State to enforce, and these are our options in response.

• Yes men are always doing the work

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be nice.. Gotta try😉

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes