Should women start asking out men on dates more?

Usually men are the ones who ask out women, but many have indicated on G@G that they have stopped for a variety of reasons. The most common ones seem to be rejection and being shy.

So should would women compensate by taking the initiative and approaching the guy?

• Yes, they should.
  • No, they shouldn't.

1260

Most Helpful Guys

• If she likes a guy and he doesn't realize it or has other women interested in him, she needs to take the initiative to land him. If she can flirt with him and nudge him to ask her out, that's fine, too, but much of the time guys don't get it or don't notice her.

• I really forget about what may be normal or not, when you have chemistry with someone and want to go out with them, sometimes you forgot who ask who out actually. It could of happened so casually like “would it be fun to see this or that?” And “we should do that some time” and mixed into a conversation.

My answer is yes, they should ask Men out more, because I think many girls miss out on opportunities, assuming a guys level of interest and wait to be noticed and approached, as that is a socially conditioned behavior they have been taught is appropriate or normal, and as a result, many missed opportunities and lots of settling going on in women’s love lives as a result

Most Helpful Girls

• Either way, women should also make the first move and go after what we want.

• Because If, you've ever heard the saying that, "closed mouths don't get fed." The same can go for playing the field, the woman who doesn't put herself out there and ask for a man's phone number or ask a guy out will probably spend a lot Saturday nights at home by herself. another thing, guys shouldn't always have to do the asking! At some point the guy is going to want to know if you really want his company and you can show that by asking him out or making the first move. Also, if you are already dating a guy steady, instead of waiting for him to call you and make plans for a date, you can take the initiative of calling him and you plan the date and have the fun of choosing what to do on your night out together,. because believe it or not some guys get tired of having to choose and sometimes they would like to know what you want, and like it when you take the platform and set the scene, so to speak.