My friend's ex-boyfriend is showing interest in me, what should I do?

Well, she's not really my best friend, she's a friend of another friend, and we always saw eachother on our mutual's parties, including her ex boyfriend. They've been separated for 6 months and I haven't seen any of them all this time. Now me and her ex are studying together and he seems interested in me, I don't know what to do about it, I don't wanna look like a bf-stealer ir something like that

3541

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends how much you like him. Sounds like you are attracted to him.

If she was your best friend I would say hell no. If you do go forward with this you need to tell him your concerns. Maybe you and him can keep things on the DL or something. Proceed carefully though.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I did NOT pursue the girl and I ended up regretting it. I think my friend could have cared less, but it felt like a betrayal in my mind even though she liked me (and she was hot too).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Her feelings are irrelevant if you feel something for this man. Only an insecure and selfish person would presume they could restrict consenting adults from each other because of some fleeting dead relationship. These are adolescent perspectives that will fall away along with any person who holds them as you grow older. Pursue what you want.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Hmm, this is a bit tough and many have different views on this. Honestly, if she is not your friend, then I see no issue in it. Many of our friends have friends that we may have no relationship with. If you see her once in a while at parties, I don't think that makes the two of you best buddies or anything. To be on the safe side though, I would say to wait a bit longer to allow for the bitterness to pass. Maybe an extra 2-3 months? But then again, like some have said, if she is not even your friend, the two of you might as well be strangers. She is finished with him, that does not mean he has to now be a bachelor for the rest of his life to keep his EX-girlfriend content.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • He does not belong to her. He is his own person. Nobody is a possession. And you are clearly a drama queen, saying she is a best friend but not a friend etc, almost as if deep down you like the fact he used to be her boyfriend and it makes its more exciting. Immature. Either go out with him or do not. Do not make a big issue out of it. It is chicken feed compared to real problems in life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE