My friend's ex-boyfriend is showing interest in me, what should I do?

Well, she's not really my best friend, she's a friend of another friend, and we always saw eachother on our mutual's parties, including her ex boyfriend. They've been separated for 6 months and I haven't seen any of them all this time. Now me and her ex are studying together and he seems interested in me, I don't know what to do about it, I don't wanna look like a bf-stealer ir something like that

My friend's ex-boyfriend is showing interest in me, what should I do?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends how much you like him. Sounds like you are attracted to him.

If she was your best friend I would say hell no. If you do go forward with this you need to tell him your concerns. Maybe you and him can keep things on the DL or something. Proceed carefully though.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I did NOT pursue the girl and I ended up regretting it. I think my friend could have cared less, but it felt like a betrayal in my mind even though she liked me (and she was hot too).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Her feelings are irrelevant if you feel something for this man. Only an insecure and selfish person would presume they could restrict consenting adults from each other because of some fleeting dead relationship. These are adolescent perspectives that will fall away along with any person who holds them as you grow older. Pursue what you want.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Hmm, this is a bit tough and many have different views on this. Honestly, if she is not your friend, then I see no issue in it. Many of our friends have friends that we may have no relationship with. If you see her once in a while at parties, I don't think that makes the two of you best buddies or anything. To be on the safe side though, I would say to wait a bit longer to allow for the bitterness to pass. Maybe an extra 2-3 months? But then again, like some have said, if she is not even your friend, the two of you might as well be strangers. She is finished with him, that does not mean he has to now be a bachelor for the rest of his life to keep his EX-girlfriend content.

0|0
    0|0
  • He does not belong to her. He is his own person. Nobody is a possession. And you are clearly a drama queen, saying she is a best friend but not a friend etc, almost as if deep down you like the fact he used to be her boyfriend and it makes its more exciting. Immature. Either go out with him or do not. Do not make a big issue out of it. It is chicken feed compared to real problems in life.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• Separation is the same as breaking up, they both are single.
    If you in to him go for it!
    Why should you care about other selfish possessive people that tends to go for hate and other's should care about their feelings when they doesn't care about others?

(Life is to short for others drama to ignore what can be the right one)

0|0
    0|0
  • TREAD CAREFULLY. Though you may not be that close to this friend, NOBODY wants to have their ex happy in their face. If you run in the same circles then you need to talk to your friend. Be open and honest. She may hate the idea. She may not care about you 2 linking up at all. Communication will net you the answer you crave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. It's one thing if you were really close with her but if she's a friend of a friend and you don't see eachother often there's no issues

2|0
    0|0
  • if you are interested in him then i think it makes sense to avoid conflict to talk to your friend. explain that her ex has shown interest and that you have some interest in him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see some degree of guilty in your post, but I think it unjustified.
    First, they split each other time ago, so you can't be a bf-stealer although she were your best friend.
    Second, she isn't close to you so, although she could have feelings towards him, its not your problem, do you worry for the problems of all the ex, of all your friends?

So, I think its more a matter of ¿do you like him? More that a moral decision

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like the guy. Talk to the people you don't want to lose as your friends. Ask how they feel about it. They are seperated for 6 months and you didn't cause the breakup (i assume) so your not a boyfriend stealer. But if there bitchy they still might call you that.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should give in. Take that fuck like a boss.. but let her know that u will before though.. don't let it be a surprise to her.. I mean, love is unpredictable, don't let because u know the ex, u gonna stop ur life pleasure or love

0|0
    0|0
  • she won't be your friend much longer ;) nothing here is going to stop you, you're just trying to shoulder the blame on to GAG users. The decision is yours and you will have sex with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • A friend of a friend, is no enough closeness to say you shouldn't see him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Back off, he's trying to make your friends jealous by having you. Which will eventually make you lose your friend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just go with him if you are also interested because she is not your bff and they have been separated for 6 month and it's a long so you won't look like a boyfriend stealer... just go with your heart

0|0
    0|0
  • Up to you. What ever happened between him and her is none of your concern.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just go with your heart, if you are attracted to him, tell him and do something with him. If not, leave him quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel uncomfortable, ask her how she feels. Really it's been 6 months so she has probably moved on as much as he did.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to back the heck up before you slap the heck up.

1|0
    0|0
  • if u like him show interest back but otherwise just dont pay attention to him

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wait and see if he shows genuine affection for you, assuming you have mutual interest in him

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he that guy that you always thought was hot but off limits?

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave it. If it broke once it ll broke for the secont time easier

0|0
    0|0
  • Do most girls masturbate often and if so do they hide it?

0|0
    2|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• @BellaWesley call me old school or whatever but I just think its gross to date an ex of someone you know. Just the thought makes me cringe, even if she's not a close friend of mine... I never date within circle of friends or ex's of friends.. Big no-no

0|0
    0|0
  • Honey you live in a free country, as a girl you are free to do as you pleased. I say go for it you two are grown adults you are not kids anymore you are no longer in highschool to be afraid of the drama. If this girl has a problem about you two dating then that means she is has not mature enough she is history to him. I say go for it darling! This is not highschool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go very easy with a situation like this. It could end very bad for everyone. Keep it under wraps for now and if it progresses, then start to show everyone you are a couple who are really in love. With the ex, who is a friend of a friend, she may just end up feeling territorial. That's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • First, you might be careful of his intentions : he may be trying to make his ex jealous by flirting / dating one of her friends. If you think he’s over her, then you can go for it ONLY if you’re not a close friend of her. If she’s only a friend of a friend.. that is to say an acquaintance.. you shouldn’t stop yourself from dating a guy you like ;)

0|0
    0|1
  • It depends how close a friend she is. If she is just an occasional work friend or something then I say get to know the guy a little and make a decision from there. But if she is one of your close friends then I think leave him alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since she is more of an aquintance I'd say go for it and see what happens with this guy. They are no longer together, so why would you be a boyfriend stealer?:D And 6 months is a long time, she might even be over him by now. If you feel like you're betraying her though, maybe you should talk to her. It all depends on how close you two are, really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends on how they broke up. If it was messy then I’d say keep it a friendship, but if it was like, a mutual, not gonna work out thing, talk to her about it to make sure she’s ok with you guys being together if you like him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her first, she if she’d be upset first. I’m currently dating my ex’s best friend and they’re fine with, it’s been like three or more years though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever makes you feel good but at the same time don't forget to put Yourself in her shoes and awesome think about if you were to getting a relationship with him or have some kind of relationship with him how would that affects years and hers relationship and the way it would affect it would that be OK with you there's a whole lot that goes into it and I mean you know you gotta make yourself happy but at the same time just be aware that you could lose a friend

0|0
    0|0
  • Friend of a friend doesn't count into the equation. Go for it, it's been six months enough time for him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is she or is she not a friend? If she is, then I think going out with him is the wrong thing to do. If she isn't, by all means, go ahead. You could also talk to her and ask her about it

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not stealing her boyfriend if they've already broken up, lol.
    You guys aren't even close. Do whatever you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave it alone, there's guys elsewhere

No need to start unnecessary drama

Unless ya know that's your thing lol

But yeah you haven't mentioned your feelings toward him

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should ask her if she still likes him or something first

1|1
    0|0
  • Well that's not really boyfriend stealing if it's her ex, you can't really steal a boyfriend when they are no longer their boyfriend. But anyway, i was going to say stay clear if it was your friends ex but sense it's a friend or a friend's ex, then I don't see a huge issue with it. However, be prepared for some drama to roll in, I'm not saying it's going to happen but if it does you'll be ready for it. Cause chances are, if the girl still has some sort of feelings towards or is just territorial, she might go running to your friend and start talking in her ear about you that could cause some friction between you and her. Hopefully your friend won't let that happen, but if it does at least you will know what to expect. But other than that, he's a single man and he's interested in you so there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure he's still not messing around with his ex though before making a move.

1|0
    0|0
  • People always say you shouldn’t date a friends ex because it’ll start drama and it’s girl friend ‘code’ to not date your friends ex BUT I personally think if you and your friends ex really feel something for each other then find out where it can go. Friends should be happy for friends not tell them they can’t date their ex when their ex could probably be the love of you life. Speak to your friend about it but if she get angry at you or tells you to not date him because of the reasons I stated then maybe she’s not a true friend. All my friends and I have said that if we fall for one of our friends ex’s then go ahead, why would they want to stop me from dating a guy I could potentially fall in love with? Anyway it’s your choice but if you do want something with this guy, communicate with your friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if you guys aren’t super close it should be ok. But maybe you should ask her before you date him.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a casual friend and 6 months have passed so she's don't the mourning over it. If you like him see what happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to her about if you care to salvage the friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're interested in the guy go for it. They've been separated for 6 months.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes