#StoryTime Have you ever met that someone who you were so INTO that liking/loving them made you question your dealbreakers?

I don't know what it is with me. Falling in love really clouds my initial decision-making and i hate it. For example, i never wanted to date a smoker, yet i stayed with my ex. I always said i’d leave a cheater straight up, yet i stayed with my ex. I said i wanted to wait til marriage, yet i gave into my ex’s pressure. I said i would never be with someone who didn't want kids and who didn't believe in God, yet i continued loving my “something like an ex”. I said i’d never do a log distance relationship, yet look where i am now. I said i’d never “go down” on a guy yet i find it hard to stop now. Why do we change for the ones we love? And sadly that change isn't usually for the better... I always looked at how weak my mom was when it came to love and i said i wouldn't end up like her. But the way i’ve let my love for certain men overpower my dealbreakers shows that im halfway down her path. Smh. I want my power back but I don't know how to regain it. I wanna be #BossChick again who can easily reject those who carry my dealbreakers and keep it pushin because i know the niqqa ain't THE ONE for me. But i think i’ve lost myself in love. 2017/18 feel like 2009/10 all over again :( #NeverSayNever #FeelFreeToList

2735

Most Helpful Guys

• The last time I liked someone I was not compatible with, I did so because she had a great and consistent sense of humour. She laughed a lot and was always ready to crack a joke (and just have fun with life). She was also pretty attractive too. The problem was that our core values were not the same and this eventually led to the realization that things weren't going to work out between us. Ever since then, I've decided to place more emphasis on values that are important to me in order to prevent myself from going too far and being disappointed by someone who truly isn't a good match for me.

• Girl nothing wrong yet there is always time to change to better yourself. Don't demean yourself fact you did all those things and still keep on moving says you nothing like your mom. You strong. Cause it takes patience to be wise and old. You 23 but wiser. Smarter and stronger. Life is ahead of you. Don't sweat your past. It's there to make us stronger. You're welcome.

Most Helpful Girls

• We were never dating but I always said I'd move on if a guy was an asshole who wasn't interested in me. And well, look at the last guy I was into before I met my boyfriend. I felt I had to beg the guy to give me an ounce of attention and yet he got pissed at me for refusing to move closer to him because that wasn't a financially sound decision. He was in my life way longer than he should've been. A few weeks ago I deleted him from social media and blocked his number, I don't feel bad about it at all. It might be considered petty or childish of me to some people but he also said hurtful things like referencing that I'm comfortable with silence and that I would drive an hour to meet him. I came to my sense and know strongly feel that you should never keep someone in your life who hurt you

• Yes. And his name is Nico. He is literally the opposite of me in all The sense. He is a party goer, does drugs, drinks alcohol, is selfish and narcissistic, extrovert, a flirt, popular, etc.

But he is the happiest person I have ever met. He was intoxicating. And he was intoxicating me.

He literally has all the red flags and dealbreakers for me. Yet, there is this attraction we both have for each other even though he told me he is poison for me. That is why i stopped talking to him and had to leave him. He was changing me for the worst and I didn’t even care. So i left for myself.

• Omg he sounds like my Lou 🙈 he didn't want kids, marriage, had diff religious views, and so much more

Even my current boyfriend is complete opp of me. he's a gamer who loves animals and like to drink and is quiet etc

• Thanks for the MHO hun!