I moving so I laid all my feelings out in the table. told him how I felt about him and told him goodbye. Was it the right thing to do?

I know it was terrible timing considering I’m leaving town. I don’t expect him to say a word. I just wanted him to know before I go and now he does.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• yes, it was the right thing to do. i think i would've done the same too. because then, there's a chance he might go after you and move to a new town to start fresh with you. i know it's like a silly wishful thinking but you took that chance and now i bet you have no regrets about it or in the future. i think it is a very courageous and commendable act and not many would be able to come out and speak their true feelings these days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think of "right" and "wrong" in terms of what would be best for me. Doing the "right" thing to me is taking the harder path of doing what's best for the people we care about, and I'm not sure if the guy you dumped your feelings on is now better or worse, so I'm a bit undecided. But that is how I'd think of the situation if I was trying to evaluate whether I did the right thing or not.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You shouldn't have. That's actually quite awful. And very dramatic if you ask me. Yes understandable that you finally got the nerve up and told him just in case he reacted badly then you could book it out of time but did you not consider his feelings? What if he liked you back and now he knows there was somewhat of a chance to be with you but now you to can't because you are moving. And ldr aren't the same if you to even decided to do that. I think it was quite a selfish thing to do in my opinion. Now no use feeling bad over it you did what you did and now you have to wait and see what the result is gonna be.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I would prefer if you had acted like it's sad but no big deal. We can talk and text and maybe see each other on holidays.

I think we both know it's not going to work out, but I still want to try. Because it might. Eventually though, we'd just grow apart and it would still hurt but not nearly as much and the memories are sweet so what the yay.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you hadn't had done that you would always regret not telling him im kind've in the same boat with a girl thats about to move away. I want to let her know how I feel but I dont know how she will react.

0|1
    0|0
  • That was not the right thing to do these people are wrong. It was incredibly selfish. Why would you lead a guy on just to leave him a few days later? You don't seriously thing you're going to have an LDR do you? Those don't even work.

0|1
    1|0
  • It was right, probably not for him but for you.

You gave the love a chance to sprout and that is all love truly needs. So if it is meant to be, it will.

1|1
    0|1
    • You mean selfish.

• Show All
    • Okay so what happens when she moves away and neither can have each other. Wouldn't it have been better to not stir up someone's feelings before you go away? It's selfish.

• We are all selfish creatures. When you know the quality of love you can give, you'd know it is an awesome gift to offer it to someone else irrespective of the terrible timing.

Emotional love is also not agape love. Agape love has to think about the other person and over think things.
      Emotional love is spontaneous.

• I tend to believe in honesty to be quite honest...
    Just tell people the truth and communicate with them.
    Even if it doesn't end up being anything...

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally would not like that. Why? Because that is the last time i would see her. What's the point of being told something that could have happened?

1|1
    0|0
  • Never say goodbye. Always say see you later. Makes things a lot easier, even if you don't ever see them again.

0|1
    1|0
  • Keeping it to yourself and not confessing is a bad idea. Terrible timing indeed however, if you wouldn't have had confesed, you will regret it later and will eat you up in the inside..

1|0
    0|0
  • I too would have laid out bare if I were you. After all, you're moving and you don't wanna carry a heavy heart. You can't help how you feel for someone. Its perfectly fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Will if he really loves you and want you to be in his life he will follow you even if u went to the moon

1|0
    0|1
  • You had to do what was right for you; the only sad thing is what if he has the same feelings?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a country song. What were your feelings?

0|0
    0|0
  • But at least you said something, but next relationship give better warning.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its better said than not said.

1|2
    0|0
  • I had a girl do this to me once.. I hated it.

0|2
    0|0
  • “I liked you this whole time, anyways im moving”

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely the right thing to do. Good on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only right if you immediately gave him a BJ.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it was

1|0
    0|0
  • Something similar happened to me.
    You did it great.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It's the best thing that you can do. I once confessed to a senior who was moving out. He had a girlfriend so he replied with Okay. Not much was discussed after that. But it gave me a closure. I was crushing hard on this guy and knew that it won't be of any use. What you did will help you to move on. And it will at least put a smile on his face just by the fact thay someone really liked him.

1|1
    0|0
  • You are between 36-45 and I am sure You... Drive. Him as Well.
    Could you Both have not Got on the Same Page to keep in touch and go Visit One another? You would never Make it in A LDR with Someone even on the other Side of God's Creation. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know your whole story so I can't be totally helpful. He is either in shock that you're moving or could care less. Let me know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did it you feel relieved saying it? If so it is worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • it was definitely the right thing to do you shouldn't move away with uncertainty

Great Job 👍🏿👌🏿

0|0
    0|0
  • You were right... At least he knows now... Rather late than never...

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, sweetheart, I would have done the same!

0|0
    0|0
  • The unknown is terrible you did right

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes