I moving so I laid all my feelings out in the table. told him how I felt about him and told him goodbye. Was it the right thing to do?

I know it was terrible timing considering I’m leaving town. I don’t expect him to say a word. I just wanted him to know before I go and now he does.
  • Yes
  • No

922

Most Helpful Guys

• yes, it was the right thing to do. i think i would've done the same too. because then, there's a chance he might go after you and move to a new town to start fresh with you. i know it's like a silly wishful thinking but you took that chance and now i bet you have no regrets about it or in the future. i think it is a very courageous and commendable act and not many would be able to come out and speak their true feelings these days.

• I don't think of "right" and "wrong" in terms of what would be best for me. Doing the "right" thing to me is taking the harder path of doing what's best for the people we care about, and I'm not sure if the guy you dumped your feelings on is now better or worse, so I'm a bit undecided. But that is how I'd think of the situation if I was trying to evaluate whether I did the right thing or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You shouldn't have. That's actually quite awful. And very dramatic if you ask me. Yes understandable that you finally got the nerve up and told him just in case he reacted badly then you could book it out of time but did you not consider his feelings? What if he liked you back and now he knows there was somewhat of a chance to be with you but now you to can't because you are moving. And ldr aren't the same if you to even decided to do that. I think it was quite a selfish thing to do in my opinion. Now no use feeling bad over it you did what you did and now you have to wait and see what the result is gonna be.