Why do most men become violent when rejected?

Women get rejected too, so why is that men feel the need to get aggressive when they are told No? Honestly I feel like it would make much sense if it was the other way around😐

33145

Most Helpful Guys

• Most men? Outside of one family member, I've maybe known two or three guys who would ever get angry and bitter enough to where I thought they could possibly get violent over a rejection. I'd say in my whole life.

I've known too many women who have been raped, so sure, it happens... but I'm not seeing "a lot of guys" (and none I know) doing anything violent, at least that I hear of. I know more men who get bitter and angry over it, and to a point of being VERY creepy... but even that's been pretty rare... and none of my friends do it.

Who knows why some guys get violent? Some get abused from day one. Some grew up around a violent parent, and continue the cycle because they think it's normal (it's not, obviously)... some have HUGE mental issues, and no social clue... Not that any of that makes it ok. I'm just giving possible explanations as to why is COULD happen.

But, like I said, I don't personally know a lot of guys who even get all that bitter and angry.

I know a ton of guys who if they get out of line, they'll know enough to back off and apologize immediately; and it's rare that they get THAT far out of line. Many of those guys also have friends who wouldn't stand for that crap and would immediately call them on it if they DID start that.

You just be hanging out with the wrong guys... because I don't think that any of that is "normal."

• I’m not sure about “most” but there are indeed men who get violent or enraged when rejected. I believe this is because these men feel that they aren’t good enough or that the woman that rejected them thinks she’s all that. I think men with a negative outlook on women, perhaps direct experience, are more apt to respond in an aggressive manner towards rejection. It’s a sad thing because, these men are probably good people, but their experiences with women have left them reacting in a rather undesirable manner. I believe this can be remedied by more positive encounters with women.

Most Helpful Girls

• Most men do not become violent when they are rejected - they respect the woman's decision or try to court her by being extremely nice and giving her things and selflessly serving her. If you think most men become violent then you are hanging out with the wrong type of men.

• Most men aren't meant to reproduce. Back in the days before structured society, 1 man reproduce for 17 women. Things were unstable so monogamy became a thing to solve this imbalance. Today, the society is shifting and since there is more liberation toward female sexuality (which is a good thing), some problems arise and society just don't know how to solve them yet. Honestly, the violence is a biologic instinct I believe. Competition. I'm not expert but that's how I interpret it. I did a B. A in Anthropology.

• I love love this and the poster is way too hot to be messing with a guy who’s not a man so she may need to up her standards

• Yes hard truth produce long term valuable lessons

• I am a proud asshole I have rules for dating and I don’t break them.