Why would he hide his intelligence from me but not from his other guy friends?

So I liked the same guy for 2-4 months before he told me he had a very in the gifted program in high school which only accepts the top 1-2% of all students but he always described himself as if he was a dumb loser that I didn't think much of it and today I was talking to one of his friends about him and his friends say he is super smart. So why would he act dumb around me? We used to e-mail each other and one day I said "You sound smart cause you were in the gifted program in high school and your brother is studying a program that only accepts 1-2% of all applicants to the program and after I made that comment about his money earning potential, he stopped e-mailing me and I bothered him many times about it but now - even after 2 months of dating - he still refuses to e-mail me because I made that comment about his ability to become rich later on. He only talks to me through text and facebook and face to face communication - refused to e-mail me ever since I mentioned he was smart and acted so dumb around me and even talked about how he seemed dumb to his family!

238

Most Helpful Guy

• He thinks you are a golddigger now.