How many people or dating or are in a relationship with someone you met online?

Just curious about on-line dating success. How did you get the guy/girl?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I found my wife through the personals. Before there was online dating. We got married and after 22 years decided she wanted a divorce. She found someone while playing Words with Friends. They haven't met. They've video chat and talked on the phone. Myself I got one of those dating apps and found someone that way. We mainly text. Haven't got to actually talk to her on the phone. Some people say that's great. Some say that she might be scamming me. I don't know who's right all I know she's been there to chat with since my wife's announcement. I would say it works but just have to watch for the signs if the person is trying to scam you.

2|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • funny thing is... I've only ever had success with girls that ironically closed their account like a week later after we met lol...
    I generally don't mesh well with girls that are on there all the time getting a confidence boost daily from guys constantly telling her how they wanna put their dick in her...
    not my kinda gal lol

the ones I liked are the ones that hated that nonsense so much, they decided to leave... and yes it worked very well lol.. I still actually talk to some even

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I made an account on a dating site and he looked good in his picture so I opened his message. Nothing he said made me hopeful, but we continued to write/text and get to know each other. He nagged me to meet even though I was skeptical about getting into a serious relationship but we met at a Starbucks and have been together almost a year. It's not perfect but it's teaching me and helping me a lot.

2|0
    0|0
  • I was in a relationship with someone I met online, but he is not my current boyfriend.

It was Tinder, so it was clear what both wanted. We liked each other and started dating. The problem was we lived across the country (he was visiting when I saw him on Tinder), so after six months we called it quits, because he had no feelings left.

2|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I can't think of anybody at the top of my head that's ever found somebody online I think the reason for this is a lot of women out there are generally very scared of that approach especially on the internet which I cannot blame them so just use caution

1|1
    1|0
  • Well I have a guy friend that's been using a few apps for a while and he's met a couple of girls, but none of them really stick.

He told me there was an app he used where only the guy has to pay to send messages to the girl. Which I thought was complete bs.

I've tried dating apps a little bit before and nothing ever happened beyond the first date. Also in my opinion it took a lot of work just to get those few dates that went no where.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iv just started with online apps, Not enjoying it tbh, Iv currently got message me first up because im not lowering myself to chasing someone who won't reply, Fuck that, Probably delete it soon, Id rather be single than humiliate myself, Iv had one girl message which had a spark and we got on but her account disappeared so that was the little bit of hope destroyed

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me can't trust the internet and thw people who use it

1|1
    0|0
    • I know right!! You never know whose on the other side of the screen. This internet is a web of lies and what happens here should stay here

• Show All
    • Yeah for example, once I was chatting with a guy and well it was stated that he was 20 so I didn't ask him. But then after sometime I asked him because his thoughts were really old Gen. He turned out to be 30+.

Talk about creeps.

• True... there are creeps out there, but I think they ruin things for those that are genuine. Maybe it’s taking the good with the bad.

• I've met someone online, been talking for a week, first date is next weekend.
    Not my preferred way of meeting someone but certainly opens you up to a lot of people

0|0
    0|0
  • I do know people that have found all their partners online but never from a dating site. It is usually Facebook or somewhere like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I met the girl I'm currently dating on Facebook. It actually depends on the person. She is really beautiful, confident, and independent so I'd say it's working pretty well for us!

1|0
    0|0
  • Met three women online. Had an affair with one for 7 years. Had three sex dates with another. The other was one night for two hours. The one no names were given

0|0
    0|0
  • I been in two relationship with girls I've met online, they both gave great head! I mean... They were both lovely ladies..

0|1
    1|0
  • Been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years, met her 2 years ago on OKCupid

1|0
    0|0
  • I met my girlfriend on this very site

6|2
    0|0
  • I chatted with some girls, but never concluded online

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had... Things, with online girls.
    The 2 girls I've liked the most in my life I met online.

0|0
    0|0
  • All my dates and my first love went from the internet. True. True.

0|0
    0|0
  • Still didn't get if anyone is here let me know.. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not in a relationship rn but I want one lol, it’s just hard finding the right girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't you search me
    Online dater's

0|0
    0|0
  • its risky and depend up on the person

0|1
    0|0
  • Hi. how can i meet u?

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't had success on that

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• I've only dated people who I've interacted with online first or met first but they only told me they liked me online first. Guys are usually too scared and are braver on social media or chat.
    The guys I've talked to in person first don't usually ask me out or do in text but things never went further than that.

2|1
    0|0
  • I just divorced the guy I met online! Lol! Turned out 1.5 years into our 3 year marriage he forgot that you don’t emotionally and physically abuse your wife in the name of obedience and honor to him as a husband. So... I’d say get to know that person so much more than what they write themselves up to be before jumping in! Lesson learned!

1|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes its very bad experience coz guys turn out to be completely opposite of what they said in chats and sometimes it turns out really good
    I met my boyfriend online we used to chat and sext a lot and once we started seeing each other we decided this is it so we are still together for over a year now

2|0
    0|0
  • 😋/) ~ been friends for the longest. Years in fact; got to know a lot about each other and eventually noticed things getting even stronger almost most times we talked.

2|0
    0|0
  • I dated one guy I met on tinder, two-three months later he started cheating on me and left me for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my man online. He messaged me a really long and dirty message but I was 17 at the time and so I immediately let him know I was 17 and that I wouldn't be 18 for another 4 months and he told me he would wait and he did.

0|0
    0|1
  • Met my boyfriend in real life, in person, cause i don't trust online dating. nope.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah my last boyfriend which was my first relationship. Relationship ended up in flames but I learned many valuable lessons.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend dates online (usually Tinder) and she’s had some good dates and of course there’s been bad ones. She met her current boyfriend on Tinder.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like meeting people online. I've known 1, but there's a negative side, it's VERY difficult to meet

1|1
    0|0
  • I met my boyfriend friend on POF. We’ve been together for 3.5 years.

1|1
    0|0
  • I met my boyfriend on line been with him almost 2 years.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not dating, but I am talking to this guy. He lives far though so it probably won’t work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried online dating but it's not really my thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in a serious relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I met my man of 1 year on tinder 😄

1|1
    0|1
  • Twice