Why do all men only go for short girls?

Guys, it was funny before, but why are y'all always going for compressed midgets of women? Like us tall girls actually resemble people, and yet y'all don't like us? What is wrong with y'all?

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Because all women love taller men.

So if you're a shorter man, you have to find a girl shorter than you who still finds you tall, at least in comparison to herself

A 6"0 - 6""11 guy is already taller than most women, so he can date just about any girl.

A guy under six feet tall is gonna have to look for a girl under that. And for each inch a man is shorter, the narrower his range of girls he has to look for and date.

I have no problem dating a girl even if she was way over six or even even seven feet. Problem is girls don't want a guy shorter than them

1|2
    0|0
    • Unfortunately this is often true, but not always. I'm average height (5'6") and generally prefer taller men but I would and have dated men shorter than me if I liked their personalities. I think the same is true about men's height preference in women 😊

I also think that if a man is dead set against dating me because I'm not short, he's not the man for me

• Show All
    • If I liked him and actually saw myself possibly falling for him then yes, I would date him. 5'8" is still a tall guy as far as I'm concerned but that's just my opinion. What I consider to be short is under 5 feet tall. If a guy is 6 feet tall, that might catch my eye initially but it's not enough to keep my attention if he's a complete jerk, or if we had nothing in common. I don't deal with the former and I get bored with the latter.

Yes I would date a guy who is your height 😊

• Thank you, for some reason I feel a bit better after hearing my height isn't that short to you, and you would date someone my height. Means a lot coming from a kind, and beautiful girl like you.

But yes, at the end of the day, it all comes down to personality. Because no matter how attractive someone is, if you can't be in the same vicinity as them for more than a few seconds because they drive you crazy, or are just so rude, then it will never work out.

Thanks for your input, and kind words. I hope you have a great day today, and may God bless you 😊

• Compressed midgets? Just cuz you're tall doesn't mean other girls are compressed midgets lol. And I can't really think of another way of saying this that doesn't come off rather jerkish, but maybe the problem is more regarding your personality and not your height.

5|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Its instinct. Short women are considered more feminine, since women are supposed to look 'weaker' and smaller. Its the natural order of things. And most women are short or around 5'4 or slightly above or below depending on the area.
    Also , short women have smaller shoulders , smaller feet , smaller hands and that's also associated with weakness and femininity.
    Short women can look curvy much easier, being taller means your weight isn't distributed the same as a short girl and it's harder to look curvy.
    Being taller makes your disproportions stand out, so unless you're really proportionate you won't look good with tall height and a disproportionate body.
    Short girls are smaller and have higher voices , this is just a theory but the bigger your body is the deeper your voice , and so the opposite is also true.
    Short girls make a guy feel masculine and protective. think about It , a taller girl looks stronger and like she can protect herself , so men wouldn't feel the need to protect her. But a short girl looks weaker and in need of help , almost 'submissive' looking and so men naturally feel manlier next to her.
    Also taller women have more growth hormone , and estrogen usually tends to stop bone growth , not saying short girls have more estrogen but they do have less growth hormone. And women finish puberty earlier than men and so being tall doesn't help with that either.
    Also, I'm tall too but I'm not as bitter as you. Dont be insecure and jealous, that's one thing guys mind more than height. Short girls are not 'midgets' , if they wanted to , a 5'4 girl could put on 4"+ heels and be as tall as the tall girls and be sexy asf and take them off and be short and cute again. They have that advantage. Even if she is still short it's still more feminine and guys like it more. It's hard but you should just accept it , life isn't always fair and sometimes some of us end up with things that we dont like or that aren't as attractive , deal with it.

3|2
    0|0
    • the body size to vocal pitch theory isn't true all the time😂😂😂 Im only 5'8 but am a vocal bass XD

• Show All
    • Well asked 5'4 is still pretty short for a female , not super small but still on the shorter side. 5'6 is about average not short not tall and 5'7-5'8 is tall. 5'9+ is extremely tall. So I'm pretty sure 5'4 is short , but I see what you mean by saying 5'0. A 5'0 or so girl is still considered attractive though and way more men will be more confident approaching her since she's shorter than most men and a good portion of women too.

• @jeremythedrummer yeah I get what you mean haha.

• Excuse me? Who are you calling compressed midgets? Short girls are usually guys first choice bc we're cute and when guys look at us all they wanna do is protect us. Tall girls are intimidating sometimes but there's a lot of men out there that prefer them. Overall most guys love both, you're height doesn't matter. Maybe the guys aren't going after you bc of your attitude and personality. Don't blame your height.

6|5
    0|0
    • 🤷 People seen to view short girls as children

• Show All
    • You can be tall and look young too. I have a baby face from my mom. we got long legs tho 💃🏻 I like being tall anyway

• not baby face, *young face* ^

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 199

• No idea where you are, but, all other things being equal, I prefer tall women, and there are a lot of really attractive ones where I live.

1|1
    0|0
    • How tall are you

• Show All
    • How tall do you like your girls

• It actually has no effect on who I'm interested in, but 5'11 is best, and a range of 5'8-6'2. I have a female friend who is 6'4, and I walk around with her a lot, so I am used to it.

• Why do girls only go for tall men? These things are normally compatible between men and women.

Men like to be taller, women like to be shorter.
    Men like to be older, women like to be younger.
    Men like to be stronger, women like to be weaker.

And on and on. It's just "compatibility".

But in no case is it all universal. Loads of guys like tall women. Way more than women like short men.

4|2
    0|0
  • For me I want to feel like a protector and shield as weird as that sounds. Being with a girl shorter than me I think kind of makes feel more protective and serves to stimulate my desire to be a protector.

7|1
    0|0
  • It's our biological disposition as males to be dominant just as it is for females to be submissive. Men generally like shorter, smaller and younger girls than themselves and girls generally like taller, bigger and older guys than themselves. That's not to say you can't be attractive to something away from the norm, but that's generally how it is.

I myself can't see myself with a girl taller than me.

1|1
    0|0
    • How tall are you?

• 5'9" so it doesn't give me a lot of options as I'm pretty short for a guy 😂

• Vital details left out.
    1. How tall are you?
    2. How tall are the guys you want?
    3. How tall are the women they are going for?

And a lot of guys like short girls because
    1. Short girls love taller guys, and it makes us feel more masculine and stronger
    2. We can basically pick her up and do whatever we want during sex

5|2
    1|0
  • Shirt girls are the best we show them that we taller and we gotta reach stuff for them in the house so we the man of it liking short girls be a great deal cause they seem like some cute little bears I feel like id give em more dick than the tall girls

6|1
    0|0
  • I'm 6'2" and taller women hardly ever show interest, short women do much more often.
    Tall women have high standards and think their guys should be at least 6'4", with a ripped body and play D1 sports in college, they complain about no tall men dating them yet won't accept men slighty taller than them unless they're near perfect.

3|3
    0|0
  • Where did you get that SILLY idea?
    OMG!! I am Viking, by Ancestry, and Tall Women ROCK!!
    I can't wait for fall, an College Volleyball, and all the 6 foot plus, TOTALLY HOT, women, playing volleyball!!
    I'm guessing you are tall, and A LOT of people lie to you, telling you that you aren't HOT, being so tall!!
    If you hadn't posted anonymous, I would send you a PM, just to chat!! :)

1|1
    0|0
  • There are some like me that get excited over a tall frame, long phalanges, not having the top of her head at my chest. I love those long legs wrapped around me and that long body so that I can actually kiss her in missionary. Give me 6'+ any day.

3|2
    0|0
  • No need to bash short girls any lower ;)

I generally prefer shorter women as well. For me I trend to the 5 to 5'5" range. I tend to go for little sweet hearts who wear their heart on their sleeve types for the most part. Theyre just cute and spunky.

3|1
    0|0
  • I don't know about tall guys. That seems odd for them I don't know...

But as from a short guy here. I go for a girl who is preferably at least shorter than I am because it makes me feel more manly. If that is an option. But I'd take anyone up to a few inches taller than me as well. Depends on what girls are an option. And honestly I don't have many...

Why do you GIRLS always go for the tall GUYS? Huh? Explain that please?

1|1
    0|0
  • Its about domination, its a natural attraction same as for women, you are always banging on about tall guys.

I automatically assume that no women taller than me would be interested at all, I would consider it to be a concrete deal breaker for them.

Upto my height I figure is probably ok but I become increasingly concerned about it being an issue, for them, as they approach my height.

So yeah, the height differential makes women more attractive and me feel less attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they're cute

but don't get them mad,

I don't know something about them makes it hard to resist them

2|1
    0|0
    • Well how tall are you?

• between 5'8 and 5'9

the doctors say I'm 5'8 and the next time they say I'm 5'9 and then 5'8 again wtf

• ALL MEN? never say ALL.

Because both my 1st and 2nd ex were almost as tall as me, and i`m 6"4. so you can imagine ;)

3|1
    0|0
  • I don't think all men go for only short girls. I think some guys do, but not all. Maybe some guys are intimidated by a tall woman? I think that is silly, but you have to wonder when you see a really tall guy and he is always dating women half his size!

2|1
    0|0
  • As a short guy, I'll say that I can't be with really tall woman
    I don't want to be depending on stairs to kiss her...
    But I easily be with a girl who is a bit taller than me
    I have no clue about tall guys who likes small girls
    Looks kinda difficult to kiss either...
    Maybe it to get (unconsciously) the feeling of dominating, or protecting...

0|2
    0|0
  • We don't, but let me give you a counterpoint. I'm very tall, 6'6", and my experience with tall girls is that they are totally indifferent to me, like I'm nothing to them. On the other hand, tons of short girls have been excited to talk to me and get to know me. They are not afraid to flirt and show me that they want me. So I normally date shorter girls because of that.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1. Can you prove we ONLY go for short ones?
    2. Us... you mean why guys you are attracted to not share the same feelings?
    3. Can you be sure they don't like you due to and only due to your height and nothing else?

In the end it is only your perception of what is. Given how confusing this new age is for relationships, I did say you aren't the only one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I really hope this isn't Tall Lucy asking this. Not all men are into short girls. I very much like tall girls.

0|1
    0|0
    • Tall Lucy? What?

• Show All
    • How tall are you?

• Honestly, I don't really care about the height. I'm 6', so I'd date a girl whose height ranges from 5' to 6' as long as I find her personality and appearance to be attractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 50

• Because I'm hot, that's why. 💁🏼

11|5
    0|0
  • Cuz at 4’11”, I’m a shit ton of sexy in a tiny package and that’s a major turn on. And I don’t have to bend over and strain to give head. I’m perfect height.

Guess I’m the whole package in a tiny package.

Oh, and I’m not a bitch.

3|4
    1|0
  • I think the reason guys might not be going for you lies in your bitchy attitude, not your height.

6|4
    0|0
  • Short woman: it seem like guys really only want taller women
    Tall women: why do guys only want short women?

Guys: we honestly don’t care for the most part.

7|4
    0|0
  • Um I’m short and that was a bit rude. I know tall and short girls who have found guys that are interested in them. And also I’ve heard girls say the exact same thing about men, either wanting them tall or short. Like it’s just personal preference and no matter how tall you are, if a guy likes you, height won’t really matter.

4|1
    0|0
    • You get it girl it doesn't matter height what matters is common interests and a little patience

• Im tall and have plenty of men going for me. I think you just have to have confidence in yourself and be respectful. Unlike your comment of “compressed midgets”

5|2
    0|1
  • Honestly height shouldn’t matter as much.. if you really like that person, or even love, it shouldn’t matter. I’d date a short guy. I’m 5’8. I mean I can understand if there’s a hugeeeeee height difference & why it’s awkward. But if it’s like a few inches or whatever, no biggie. Overall if you really want to commit a nice relationship with that person, height shouldn’t be so much of a worrisome.

0|2
    0|0
  • Derogatory much... Why are tall people condescending towards short people and call them names for no good reason? . See what I did there? I genneralized a whole group of people only with knowledge of your behaviour , maybe you've been doing the same with guys.

Also before you go and call me short I'm 5'8 so inbetween the heights.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the same reason why girls go for taller men. Its nature. We tall women are in the same boat as short guys, we are outside of the dating spectrum for most people. You cannot force anyone to like you, it is how it is.

1|2
    0|0
  • Not all men like short girls? It’s not a fact and it’s their preference on what they like or look for.
    And completely agreeing with @Izumiblu ‘s comment; this goes both ways. I don’t believe it matters soo much on the height than how the girl is really like.

0|2
    0|0
  • Why do you have to put short women down just because of a man personal preference? I'm sure there are men who find tall women attractive.

6|3
    0|0
  • Calling short girls "compressed midget of a woman" is just disrespectful , and guys do go for tall girls, I'm 5'8 and I've not had a problem with guys.

6|1
    0|0
  • Girl, I'm not a midget, even less a compressed midget lol.

Asking that question is all fine, but being hateful toward short girls is not.

5|1
    0|0
  • It's probably not about your height, more likely the fact that you use expressions such as 'compressed midgets of women'.

5|2
    0|0
  • I don’t understand these questions about no one wanting tall Women... Does anyone really think supermodels- 5 ft 10 and up- lack for male suitors?

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm no expert when it comes to men, but I know that not all of them only want short girls.

And not all of us short girls necessarily have it easy, you know. I have to stand on the counter when I want to get a cup out of the top shelf that someone so rudely shoved way back there. :(

Or when you're shopping at the store and you can't reach the product because it's up way too high even when you stand on your tippy-toes so you have to call for assistance.

2|1
    0|0
    • That's what most men want. A girl they feel they can be a hero for, protect them help them etc. If their girlfriend is 1 ft taller than them then it decreases their masculinity.

• @mbramr Yes, I know that it's popular for guys to prefer girls who are shorter than them and vice versa. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even if they're hard to come by, men who like tall girls do exist.

• Kinda hurt... it's preference... don't be a jerk about it please. We are people too... THAT DO RESEMBLE ACTUAL PEOPLE. 5'1 I can say that I am short. Wasn't yelling, hopefully this was a trap.

4|1
    0|0
  • Because it's biological. Women want tall men and men want short women (generalized). Short women have more estrogen than tall women, this is scientifically proven.

2|1
    0|0
    • Any sources on that claim?

• Show All
    • Interesting. Thanks

• No problem, also the fact that estrogen kinda stops bone growth (causing a woman to be short, small hands and feet, small jaw etc) while testosterone stimulates it (no wonder guys have a broad jaw, broad big feet, broad shoulders, broad big hands etc) is a sign that short women have higher estrogen because tall girls have completely the opposite (masculine features caused by testosterone).

That's why I think it's biological that the fast majority of men prefers short women because next to the more feminine appearance, estrogen also affects the personality and causes it to be more feminine. They're just more feminine and men are attracted to femininity.

• You sound bitter and jealous. That’s not something that guys like.

5|2
    0|0
  • They're forget we're terrifying (apparently). That, or they like how "cutely angry" we get, because it's funny. I've heard both.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes